goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  10:23:43 PM  Show Profile
I posted this on another site but just had to tell you guys about my hubby! Such a great guy! I'm very lucky!

Today we were driving our big rig into Bakersfield, CA and came upon some road work. We could only slow down. My hubby said to me to look at the little puppy (looked kind of like a Bishon (sp?)) running on the side of the highway. Something was wrong with its hind leg and it was looking so pitiful. I locked eyes with it and my heart just melted.
We are hauling at 79,500 lbs and just couldn't stop in time, much less traffic. I just almost couldn't stand it! The poor puppy!! I started to cry, just couldn't stand the thought that the little guy/girl was out there alone and right by the highway and might get mooshed!

So, what does the best hubby in the world do??? He went down to the next exit, went across and back to the exit with the puppy and we looked for him/her. He was already gone and we hope someone picked him up. It took us about 10 mins to turn around and come back. But we didn't see any little puppy bodies lying about and we took the exit and really looked in all directions and everywhere.

If we had found him, we were going to pick him up and take him with us! Poor baby!

But I ask you...is this not the best guy in the world??!!! He was a A+ guy in my book in the first place but he jumped another 100 points by going back to look for the puppy.

I just hope someone did get him and take comfort that no little bodies were to be found!

Winona

When you lose, don't lose the lesson!!

http://goneriding.wordpress.com/

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  04:59:06 AM  Show Profile
What a great hubby! You are truly blessed! I would have benn in tears I hate to see animals get run over or hurt in any kind of manner. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings, Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

bbteacher
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Bonnie
BALTIMORE Maryland
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  06:13:30 AM  Show Profile
Winona,
Yes, what a great hubby you have and what a tender, sensitive heart he has for you. I hope that me posting this additional information doesn't take away from what you want to share with the rest of the farmgirls or diminish your message in any way but I thought it was appropriate to share in this forum. For those of us who are fortunate enough to be blessed with a special someone we need to be mindful to be thankful each and every day for the good things and the bad. My hubby is also a great guy and although we tell each other often how much we love each other and mean to each other, unexpected things in life can pop up in a moment's notice that can really show you just how fragile we are and how quickly things can change in our current situations. I've only posted brief info about my situation in the junker's henhouse-but my guy's been in the hospital 42 days and counting with acute renal failure and is now taking dialysis in the hopes that it's temporary and that it will jump-start his kidneys. This all stemed from an allergic reaction he had to Aleeve. He went to work on 9/9/08, felt fine and by 9/11/08 he was hopitalized. He's a great guy and it's so hard to stand by and see him go through so much. So yes Winona, you have a great man. Cherish the big and little everyday things that make him special. Thank you for your touching message-it really helped me to take a little breath and say a prayer of thanks for my guy and for those I love. And Winona, if you don't mind, give your great guy a little extra squeeze for me! Thanks for letting me share.

Hurtin' but blessed,
Bonnie
Farmgirl sister #333
Go to Top of Page

cathy cobblestone
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

cathy
greensburg ky
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  06:20:13 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by bbteacher

Winona,
Yes, what a great hubby you have and what a tender, sensitive heart he has for you. I hope that me posting this additional information doesn't take away from what you want to share with the rest of the farmgirls or diminish your message in any way but I thought it was appropriate to share in this forum. For those of us who are fortunate enough to be blessed with a special someone we need to be mindful to be thankful each and every day for the good things and the bad. My hubby is also a great guy and although we tell each other often how much we love each other and mean to each other, unexpected things in life can pop up in a moment's notice that can really show you just how fragile we are and how quickly things can change in our current situations. I've only posted brief info about my situation in the junker's henhouse-but my guy's been in the hospital 42 days and counting with acute renal failure and is now taking dialysis in the hopes that it's temporary and that it will jump-start his kidneys. This all stemed from an allergic reaction he had to Aleeve. He went to work on 9/9/08, felt fine and by 9/11/08 he was hopitalized. He's a great guy and it's so hard to stand by and see him go through so much. So yes Winona, you have a great man. Cherish the big and little everyday things that make him special. Thank you for your touching message-it really helped me to take a little breath and say a prayer of thanks for my guy and for those I love. And Winona, if you don't mind, give your great guy a little extra squeeze for me! Thanks for letting me share.

Hurtin' but blessed,
Bonnie
Farmgirl sister #333

Bonnie - so very sorry about your husband. I pray that he is on the mend real soon. Sounds like you are a very grateful lady - I'm sure he loves you dearly. Blessings to you both. Cathy

www.cobblestonefarms.blogspot.com

Today is a gift, live it!
Go to Top of Page

cathy cobblestone
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

cathy
greensburg ky
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  06:23:06 AM  Show Profile
Winona - sounds like you have got a great guy! I'm lucky to have been blessed with one of those myself. As for the lil' puppy - thanks for tryin' to help him - I bet someone fell in love with him too and rescued him before you got there. We also have a Bishon - only had him about 6 weeks - so I know they melt your heart as soon as you lay eyes on them.

Safe Travels.
Cathy

www.cobblestonefarms.blogspot.com

Today is a gift, live it!
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  06:44:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Bonnie, I'm so sorry! I truly hope his kidneys get going again and you can share more time together. I'll be sure to give him that extra squeeze! Give your guy my msg that I'm thinking of him and sending lots of white light. Bless both of your hearts.

Winona :-)

When you lose, don't lose the lesson!!

http://goneriding.wordpress.com/

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  06:58:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Winona- That was wonderful of your husband! I hope the puppy found a great home or a good rescue!

Bonnie- I hope your husband's kidneys start working again and big hugs to your both!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  08:31:13 AM  Show Profile
Bonnie...I have heard that about Aleve more than once...prayers are sent for you Sister....

Winons..what a wonderful DH...Of course, dont we all think ours is the best....

Farmgirl Sister #368
http://froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  08:35:36 AM  Show Profile
Winona, sounds like you have a jewel there! I'm happy for you. I've read other posts from you about your husband and he seems so sweet. I'm very tenderhearted when it comes to animals and animals with injuries, so that impresses me too. I hope that puppy was ok.

Bonnie, I'm sorry to hear about your husband and I hope he feels better soon.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  08:43:27 AM  Show Profile
Winona, what a sweet post . . . it is so important that we take the time to appreciate our loved ones and really take notice of the things they do. I hope you show your husband this post . . . he needs to see how proud you are of him.

Bonnie, my heart goes out to you and your husband. My love and prayers continue to be with you.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  11:23:52 AM  Show Profile
Winona - you got yourself a keeper.....

Bonnie - hope things turn around for yours but he still is a keeper too.

Madelynne

PS I got a keeper too. He cans, cooks and cleans.
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  11:34:10 AM  Show Profile
Winona, What a keeper! Thank you for posting this! It's the best thing in the world when they are aware of things that really matter to you! I also hope you show him this!

Bonnie, I will keep your husband in my prayers and I truly hope he improves! Please keep us posted!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Best hubby in the world! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page