Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The Verdict is in . . . yipes what a creep!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Verdict is in . . . yipes what a creep!!! Next Topic  

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  8:37:06 PM  Show Profile
We finished jury duty and convicted him. Sentencing is still a couple weeks out. Yipes! It was so exhausting . . . never knew I could argue like that! LOL! I told all the gory details on my blog:

http://pastblessings.blogspot.com/

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  8:56:12 PM  Show Profile
I read your blog. I agree! I hope he rots in jail for a good long time!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  05:10:11 AM  Show Profile
I read your blog too. I agree, I think he should stay in jail a good long time. (like forever)
I have never been called for jury duty because I was married to a cop and they always dismiss me.
Blessings, Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  05:27:18 AM  Show Profile
He should get YEARS but will probably only get months with time off for good behavior--our jails and prisons are so overcrowded that he probably won't stay long. I saw on our KY news last night that we have a convict that is going to be executed soon--he had killed 2 children--he wants to be executed the news said. I'm afraid that crime is only going to get worse because of more job layoffs and home foreclosures. Our country is getting in bad shape!!! We need to pray, pray, pray for our country.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com

This is the day that the Lord has made.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  07:04:46 AM  Show Profile
I am hoping to go to the sentencing . . . after hearing all the testimony and all the deliberating, I sort of feel an "ownership" of this case. I pray he doesn't get off light. In my heart I believe he also killed the baby, but there is no proof so that of course will not be part of the consideration. But even still, both men were very seriously injured. The older gentleman had to undergo emergency open heart surgery. The defense kept trying to excuse things away because of his "sad past" but I know many people who had terrible upbringings but have turned into wonderful model citizens. We all have free will and choices. He chose poorly and should have to pay for those choices. Sorry, I am kind of on a soap box with this guy . . . it is amazing when you are on a jury like that it becomes all consuming!

Hugs & blessings,

http://pastblessings.blogspot.com/

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  08:41:04 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, sounds like you did the right thing. This guy needs to be held accountable for his actions. I hate hearing that people get off or get a light sentence because of their upbringing. We need more "personal responsibility" for our actions in this country. But you're right, too many people are swayed by the sad stories of one's past.

And yes, I think you should go to the sentencing. This guy has wound up being part of your life due to this trial and I think you would get some closer if you'd go to the sentencing.

As they say on the radio call in shows, you are a great American!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  08:46:28 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Audrey . . . nice to feel like someone understands! I just keep wanting to talk about it with my friends and family and I think they are probably thinking, "Enough already!" but it really does impact you. I was especially impacted with the baby's sad death and that wasn't even part of this trial. But at least she is in heaven now, which is far better than the environment she was being raised in.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Verdict is in . . . yipes what a creep!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page