Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Artisan bread in Five Minutes a Day
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Artisan bread in Five Minutes a Day Next Topic  

farmgirlannie
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Annie
Chehalis Wa
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  8:13:30 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone else tried this bread? It is delicious and so easy. The idea is that you keep a high-moisture, no knead dough in your fridge and take out a little at a time to bake when you need it. I wanted to pass this along. I got the book for my birthday and love it.
Here is a link to the book:
http://www.amazon.com/Artisan-Bread-Five-Minutes-Revolutionizes/dp/0312362919

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  06:54:53 AM  Show Profile
Oooh, I like that! I'll have to get that one some day (soon, I hope). I spend a lot of time on the weekends making dough, shaping and freezing it until I need it. But still have to wait for it to thaw and rise again. And it's just plain white or wheat bread. This book sounds great!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2247 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2247 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  11:04:32 AM  Show Profile
I haven't tried the bread but I remember a muffin recipe that you could mix up a big batch of and keep in the fridge and just take out what you needed each morning. My problem is finding room in the fridge...

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  09:02:45 AM  Show Profile
Annie, I love this book! I keep a bucket of dough in my fridge at all times! My daughter and I bake a loaf every day or so. It is so easy to whip up and divine to eat with olive oil and shaved parmesan! I use an empty 5 quart ice cream bucket (we eat alot of ice cream as well!) I gave my college daughter a bucket and the recipe so she can have homemade bread at school. I haven't tried any of the other recipes in the book because the basic one is SO easy!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

susanreno
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Susan
West Chester PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  6:52:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Annie,
Another vote in favor of this book! It's great and, for me, really took the intimidation factor out of home-baked bread. I bought this book about a year ago after reading a review about it in the food section of my newspaper. I really thought it sounded gimmicky at first, but once you get the hang of it, it really does only take a few minutes. I've made a few of the dough recipes but am definitely looking forward to branching out a bit to the remainder of the book. I'd say what I've used the technique for the most so far is for pizza - it is just so easy!

Susan
Go to Top of Page

prairielandherbs
True Blue Farmgirl

690 Posts

Maggie
Iowa
USA
690 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  7:04:31 PM  Show Profile
oh, thanks SO much for the recommendation!! Ironically, Ihave been following - and really enjoying - the author's blog (http://www.zoebakes.com/) but hadn't yet really read about this book. I have a gift certificate to amazon.com which I am going to use to get this book!
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  8:23:46 PM  Show Profile
Now this sounds like a dream come true! I have a pretty poor track record when it comes to making bread. I'll look at the bookstore & see if they have this book there. I need to read the recipes over before I decide if it is something I can actually do. Thanks for telling us about it!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Artisan bread in Five Minutes a Day Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page