Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  12:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It is cold and windy here today, but I guess not too cold since it is 52 degrees, but the steely gray sky makes it feel colder! It is so nice to be inside safe and warm doing nice domestic tasks like laundry.

Nora is snoozing in her bed and I have a fabulous audio book on my MP3 player. It seems like that is one of my critical things now! I love being able to listen to books while I work!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  1:12:43 PM  Show Profile
I know how you feel Alee. The sun is out but it is still cold (even 52 degrees is cold with the wind blowing). The leaves are still falling at my house and limbs too. I am looking forward to the holidays coming up starting with Halloween. I hope that you bring Nora by.

Madelynne
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  2:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Madelynne!

We will have to get together soon! This side of Billings is all overcast from what I can see and the temp has dropped to 49 degrees! I sure can feel it in my feet! Isn't that funny how sometimes your feet tell you it is about -10 degrees and everything else feels comfortable?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ani Pani
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Aniela
San Francisco Ca
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  2:44:59 PM  Show Profile
I am from san francisco and surprisingly the nice weather has continued longer than expected!! everyone is still out and about on the streets, with the sunny weather, but in the night it does get a little cold. but I cant wait for a little cold to really feel that the holiday season is kicking in!!! I cant wait for hot chocos and winter wear!!!!

(*_*)y

Go to Top of Page

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  12:15:25 AM  Show Profile
it is supposed to start getting cold here this week..... 36 by friday, and rainy.. i work outdoors most of the time, so i am expecting things to be fairly slow from here on out..

visit me at my blog
mousiesmom.wordpress.com
http://youravon.com/pmcclure
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  08:17:27 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, yes here too. The cool front is supposed to come in this afternoon. Will get to you tonight. I'm thinking we may have frost by the end of the week. I'm ready for it most of the time then I go out a pick more greenbeans and see all the blooms. It is raining this morning and cool. Supposed to be 40 tonight.
Go to Top of Page

susanreno
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Susan
West Chester PA
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  11:04:21 AM  Show Profile
We've had A LOT of wind too - since yesterday. It really feels like a new season is literally blowing in. Lots of leaves flying everywhere and fortunately, sun most of the time. We had our first frost a few nights ago... I was really surprised to wake up and see crispy frost on all the rooftops! But I just love the changing weather, it's never boring!!

Susan
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  3:00:20 PM  Show Profile
Alee you know that you Doug and Nora are always welcome to come on over. Hope that you used that roast the other day it felt like roast weather here.

The weather today is not real warm but the sun this shining!!!!! and the leaves are still falling.

Madelynne
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  3:09:50 PM  Show Profile
it is the same here... though that's to be expected in this part of wyoming. the wind is horrendous in the winter! i heard you montana gals received some snow from one of the last fronts passing through!

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."
-Guillaume Apollinaire
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Cold and Windy! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page