Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  9:55:09 PM  Show Profile
So when I got up and left for work this morning I looked to the north and there was what at first glanced looked like a huge rain storm, but to my saddenes was a large smoke cloud. It is October and it is wild fire month in southern California! It makes me sad to see all these people losing their homes and some even their lives. We have about 18 miles of freeway closed, and several people left work this morning to learn they couldn't get home, or would get home to find they couldn't get to their house because the fire was too close. I can smell it when I step out side. It's not a pleasant smell. I'm hoping that none of our sisters are having to pack their homes up in fears of a fire, but if you are you are in our prayers. We get them every year at this time when the Santa Ana winds blow through. I still haven't heard what started it, but there are several burning right now!

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  11:33:22 PM  Show Profile
Hang in there all and pray it will end soon! Oh those Santa Ana winds, how they blow!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

Farmgirl Sister #44

http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com

http://www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  08:34:36 AM  Show Profile
Laura - this is such tragic news. Can you tell us which towns the fires are close to? Thanks.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  10:52:16 AM  Show Profile
Laura, Hope you and yours are in a safe area. We're having gust in the 60's today. Makes me crazy, but we are as ready as one can be to evac if needed. Here, in the San Diego area, we have one burning at Camp Pendelton/Oceanside area and one out in Campo, off I-8. Stay safe and go if they tell you to go!
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  11:13:14 AM  Show Profile
Laura I'm so sorry to hear the fires are close enough to you to smell! My very good friend lives north of LA and I have flown in to LAX several times and seen the fires in the distance. Very scary! Are you safe?

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  6:37:32 PM  Show Profile
Laura, I hope your home will be safe. I saw the fires on the news. My husband's family live south of LA, so we always keep an eye on those darn fires.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  6:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Laura, just heard about the fires on the news today. Will be praying for you and all affected by them to stay safe. Just breathing in the smoke is going to make a lot of people sick. Hopefully they'll be able to bring them under control soon.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  09:53:53 AM  Show Profile
As of this morning the fires are pretty much contained. One they said should be out by Saturday and the other early next week. We'll see. The wind is not as strong this morning which helps the firefighters get the upper hand - Pray for quiet winds.

Jenn (West of the fire area)
Go to Top of Page

countrygal56
True Blue Farmgirl

221 Posts

Barbara
Dickson Tennessee
USA
221 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  12:30:00 PM  Show Profile
I always worry when there are fires in a around San Diego. My brother and his family live in El Cajon and several years ago they lost their home to a wildfire, plus my sister in law's grandmother lost her home too. They finally finished rebiulding their house last summer. Hope and pray everyone in the wildfire areas stay safe.

Barb
Go to Top of Page

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  09:41:19 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for all of your warm thoughts and prayers. As of know most of everything is out. There were homes lost unfortunatly, but I hope no more will be lost. I was out in the area yesterday and I have a friend who lives up by them, she says that it is much better now and that everyone feels a little safer now!
Thank you to everyone!
Hugs!
Laura Marie # 369
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic We are burning! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page