Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanting a better life.. Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  09:36:36 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
If anyone is interested in my breakthrough of the week. Here it is...

I have always wanted a better life for myself. I struggled throughout my 20's, I mean REALLY struggled, as in being homeless, broke, misguided and feeling un-loved. But I have always shot for the stars and moon. I do desire a nicer house, my goal is to make a 6 figure salary within the next 5-8 years, I want to take trips and be able to buy nice suits and heels and feel good about myself but was always told (again mostly by my mother) that those things were not for me, that is was just greed and status I was after (the EXACT things they did) hmmmm??? Wonder how that affected me??

Well, now I realize it is alright to dream and reach those goals, they are mine. I am a good person and I am doing things my way, not hurting others on the way up my own ladder of life. It's ok to fill your bank account as long as you fill your heart along the way and help others reach their goals too. I never had a positive mentor in my life until a few years ago when I started college. Our stories are very similiar- she was a SAHM for 10 years and they lived paycheck to paycheck but were happy but she wanted something more. As soon as her youngest turned 10, she went back to college and got her HIM degree, like me. In 2 years since graduating, she has been promoted 4 times, and now has all of her dreams in real life. She is a mentor and strong cheerleader for gals like me now. She told me the story of how she sold EVERYTHING they owned, just to stay in school. They lived bare minimum for 4 years until she got her job and now, they are living the good life. Sound like any farmgal you know???? She is such an inspiration and she told me it is ok to pursue the better things in life as long as you remember where you came from and do it with respect and gratitude. I have FINALLY allowed myself to succeed and grow and be happy.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  11:34:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather- I think you are doing wonderful! You seem to be in a very healthy healing and growing phase right now. Everyone's dreams are different and they are all fabulous! Keep it up! You are doing an awesome job!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Wanting a better life.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page