Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Being Present, Being responsible...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Being Present, Being responsible... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  4:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I have decided to step up to the plate and take full responsibility for everything in my life. I will no longer sit on the sidelines, blaming someone, something, the weather, the chocolate bar makers, etc..in my life for whatever I lack, my weight, the rain, the driver in front of me... I AM the one making the choices for ME and my family. Time to stop making excuses and start taking control. It is not that I am exactly a lazy person, but I have being listening to myself more and find darn it I am a constant complainer. Little things here and there, agreeing to things when I want to say no, making excuses because I don't focus and have a correct, truthful together answer, just going along with thinking because it is easier to follow or I don't want to explain. Learning to handle life my way.

This really is irking me today because I was sitting around with some woman at my internship and realized all they were doing was b***ing and complaining about nonsense and I was following there lead. I don't want to be uptight, I want to be happy. I don't want to rain on anyones parade, I want to get them to work through difficulties and enjoy the parade, even if it is raining a little hard.

Just had to get that out there. Thanks.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  3:42:40 PM  Show Profile
Go get um' Girl!!!!! Compaining just makes us unhappy, thinking about the positive and good makes us happy....
I wonder what would happen if when sitting around a group and all they are doing is complaining or ?, what if, you or me, started talking about the good, and things to be Thankful for, and the positive,
What do ya' think would happen?

Farmgirl Sister #368
http://froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jumpingjuliet
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

becky
oroville CA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  3:36:05 PM  Show Profile
I did the same thing a few months ago. I noticed that every time someone asked how I was, I would whine about all of the stuff that was not going well. I made a conscious decision every time someone asked to say something positive. It made me feel so much better. Congrats on taking the step. Good Luck with your new life:)
Becky

I am one with my inner farm girl!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  3:40:45 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Forgot I posted this...but I am glad for the reminder!!! : )

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  6:56:17 PM  Show Profile
Haha, Heather, I for one DO blame the chocolate bar makers! :D If only they made nasty tasting chocolate...how much skinnier I would be! (Kidding! Just kidding! Besides, curves are GOOD)

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And *NEW* Blogs:
Life: www.wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com
art/dolls: www.wildatheartart.blogspot.com
herbals: www.wildatheartherbals.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  11:34:28 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Zan- I SO agree with you...and why do I have to have some many YUMMY choices??? : )

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  10:43:40 AM  Show Profile
Me too me too!!! All the way around. I need to start seeing the positives in my life more often than not. Today, I'm 'positive' about the shopping trip we made. Not 'negative' about all the crazy drivers on the road and shoppers in the stores....I'm glad we went, DH, DS, and I got a lot accomplished today!! Yee-Haw!!....as our dear Heather would say... :)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://bestcoupleintown.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  4:52:21 PM  Show Profile
Heehee guys, this is great :)

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And *NEW* Blogs:
Life: www.wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com
art/dolls: www.wildatheartart.blogspot.com
herbals: www.wildatheartherbals.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  9:12:25 PM  Show Profile
I just think that is wonderful!!!! If just everyone would do this!!!! yipee for you!!!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

AprilRain
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

April
MI
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  3:13:14 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I just love what you said about how you've been listening to yourself more. What a wise thing for us all to do from time to time... So often we fall into a certain pattern and don't even realize how we come across or how our words fall onto others. I really like that idea. Thanks! :-)

~April
http://aprilsatelier.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  11:34:38 AM  Show Profile
This is a good idea, in my book. I try to take responsibility for myself and my actions but sometimes (ok, quite a bit) things happen out of my control and I don't react very well. But trying to remember to act instead of 're'acting is getting easier. Trying to let the chips fall where they may after I've made a decision.

Winona :-)

When you lose, don't lose the lesson!!

http://goneriding.wordpress.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Being Present, Being responsible... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page