Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 Farmgirl Alert: Plowing Thru
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Farmgirl Alert: Plowing Thru Next Topic
Page: of 5

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  1:41:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh how cool! I would like to be entered!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  1:55:10 PM  Show Profile
Plowin' Thru is how I live my life. It is doing what I believe is best and standing up for what I think is right whether it is popular or not. Simple things like adopting my son - there was resistance from my mother; breastfeeding my daughters - again flack from others; attachment parenting; being vegetarian; staying at home to raise our children; living on one income; homeschooling our 3 kids. The thing about plowin' is that it prepares the soil for growing! Not only have our children bloomed we as parents have grown stronger!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

gafarmwoman
True Blue Farmgirl

244 Posts

Pam
Georgia
USA
244 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  2:00:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey Everyone,
I suppose I have been plowing through something my whole life. Mule headed goes right along with it. That means, if you didn't get it right the first time, plow some more til it is just right.
When I married right out of high school, the rows got deeper and the reins tighter.
Trying to live debt free and build our homes ourselves was never easy but it was fun. Never doing things the conventional way gets you a lot of criticism over the years. Put them blinders on your mule head and plow along.
"Plowing thru" is the only way to go. Learning as you go and sharing what you learn.
What is the wonderful part , is still wanting to plow through after 33 years of marriage. Waking up and still excited to be a 2 team hitched pair to plow away into the sunset.

...Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference... ~Robert Frost~

Life on a Southern Farm
http://georgiafarmwoman.blogspot.com

Edited by - gafarmwoman on Oct 17 2008 2:01:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  2:57:31 PM  Show Profile
I am a virtual plow. Not cow, plow. I live life large and laugh loud and love hard. I do everything with gusto and feel with every inch of my being. I give until I break, I cry until I'm whole again. There is nothing I dont tackle with heart and soul... Oh yeah..... I plow thru!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  3:06:37 PM  Show Profile
Plowin thru for me (besides plowin thru this give a way before reading the whole thing...LOL!) has been turning my apprehensions into actions. Instead of being afraid to try new things, I explored the possibilities, researched, and then jumped in with both feet. Over the years I've taught myself to cook, sew, knit, crochet, raise dogs, rabbits, and other critters. I didn't graduate high school because I got married in my jr year of high school, but many years later I went back to school both for a medical secretarial school full time and then also part time to get my GED. I passed my GED and also graduated with honors from the medical secretarial school!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  3:13:18 PM  Show Profile
Another way I've plowed thru in life was being a single mom to 3 children, and I worked 3 jobs to keep the roof over our heads and food on our table. There were times I was so tired I didn't think I could go on, but all I had to do was see my children's smiles or get a big hug and an "I love you mom!"

The following Bible verses in Matthew 11:29-30 were my inspiration when I felt like giving up.

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  3:31:12 PM  Show Profile
"Farmgirl Plowing thru" is a phase I can apply to many times of my life.
As a newly divorced Mother with a 1 year old son to raise on my own I had to plow thru being afraid of the unknown. No job, no car and no clue as to what I could do found me reinventing myself so I could go on, because going back was so much worse. My son has graduated and made me proud and I am glad I had what it takes to plow thru.

When I took my job with the court I did not know what the PA, DA, PO, DOT or PD even meant. Boy did I plow thru and now on my 8th year here at the court I know alot more than I did. Again, I was
afraid I couldn't learn but the same fortitude and survival instinct of plowing thru saved me.

So many more times but the phrase "plowing thru" was not around all those years ago but it sure fits so many times of my life.

Some people look for happiness, other create it! "Plowing thru"

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  3:34:35 PM  Show Profile
Please [place my name in the hat! Thanks.

karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  6:45:18 PM  Show Profile
Wow - many things that plowin' through means to me. One is having the courage to do the oddball thing sometimes, I worked a lot of low-paying jobs at places like very small organic food stores, coffeehouses that functioned as community centers and independent theatres. I really believed in the value of all those places and gained a lot from working there. I had to make sacrifices though. Now I encourage my son to be his own person, not to be swayed by what people think he should be doing. I think he's turning out okay. There have to be people (like MaryJane) who aren't afraid to do the unexpected, who just keep plowin' through till other people catch on.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  6:59:44 PM  Show Profile
put me on the list!!!!!!!!!! It is so great to read about the brave women who plow through, sow a crop, and hopefuly reap bountiful rewards. I love all my fellow farmgirls. Please add my name to those who go through life trying to harvest what they can and smile through it all.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Oct 17 2008 7:03:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  7:40:05 PM  Show Profile
Since we can have multiple entries I want to add another.

I think I am "plowing thru" right now in my life. I want so much to bring back my creative side that used to just "do it" whenever I had an idea. MaryJane told me to focus, no one can do everything and some things will get lost by trying to do too many. I have taken that advice to heart and have had my last summer long yard sale (was really the only thrift store for 50 miles) and while many people will be sad I do not do this another year I felt freedom when I finally advertised everything as free and watched most of it leave my yard. For the last 15 years I have done this every summer, for the entire summer, complete with business license and sales tax number.

I realize I had put my whole summer on hold. After working a forty hour week, city council and school board meetings and farmgirl meetings, and running my "thrift store" every weekend left very little time to pursue my passion that I had buried when I let too many other things get in the way.

I have begun to restructure my life and am putting my focus on my dreams. While I still have the job, and the meetings and caring for my mother and my brother I am making time to create. I am trying to focus but it is hard and I will keep the "plowing thru" phrase as my mantra.

I want to be all that I can be and let go of the belief that I will ever have time to accomplish all I want to try. Plowing thru all the baggage that will bring more freedom and light into my world.

MaryJane was the key for me and I am so honored to be a Farmgirl.

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  8:27:47 PM  Show Profile
Place my name please. that is what I do--plow through life. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  8:49:31 PM  Show Profile
Wow, ladies, thank you so much for sharing.

Can I share a plowin through for Karin, electric dunce so you can put here in the hat? Hope so.

Karin has plowed through with so many things, but one thing she plows through with is pain. Karin has Fibro and every single day of her life is a challenge as it is for others of you.
She doesn't give up, she still works in the yard, although she doesn't dig holes anymore, it got her in trouble this summer.
She makes the most beautiful what I would call art quilts. She emails and encourages others. She is a woman of grace and caring. She plows through every single day and keeps a good sense of humor!!!!!

Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  9:58:25 PM  Show Profile
Plowin Thru.....means a determination no matter the cirucumstances to keep going. That circumstances come and go, and we remain. It has meant for me, beleiving against all odds. And there have been lots of odds. Yes, I know I am an odd girl all in myself. When they said that 3 out of 4 marriages didn't make it through head injury, it made me mad and I fought all the harder. Don't misunderstand it has been the hardiest journey I have ever walked, but 18 years later, we are still going and have been married for 25 years. Health challenges for me, and having to take a whole different view of how to do activities.
It is a can do kind of thing, with wisdom of knowing my limits. We all challenges in different areas of our lives, whether physical, mental, spirtual, what we choice to do about them makes the difference. So I choose to keep plowin thru, how about you?

Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  06:55:11 AM  Show Profile
Plowin' thru for me means that I can accomplish anything I set out to do. I believe that it takes a certain amount of stubbornness and determination behind the "plow" as well as contentment and happiness in knowing what you are doing is the right thing. This year alone, I have "plowed thru" an almost entirely heirloom, organic garden; put up all the food I grew and foraged for, cut back on unnecessary services and "things" to accommodate a loss in income, got up on the roof to do repairs (though it took me quite some time to get back on the ladder to get down, I still did it!), splitting and stacking 8 cords of wood, and refusing to fire up the car or truck to go anywhere in town and walking everywhere instead (it's amazing how much gas you use for those stupid, little, short trips!).

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  09:12:18 AM  Show Profile
Plowing through life as a farmgirl means I need to make things happen for me for my family. All healthy all good. It means moving on even though obstacles are placed in my way. MB
In the hat i go. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  10:53:57 AM  Show Profile
I was on the chisel plow today. Does that count?? hee hee....

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  12:34:23 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Oh would love for Stella to pick me........

Plowin through for me means that when things get bad in your relationships you hang on and buckle up for the ride. It also means that when theres not enough you make do with what you have!!!!!!!

Marcy #257

When I stand before God at the end of my life I hope that I would not have a bit of talent left and could say “I used everything You gave me”.(erma bombeck)
Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  5:12:53 PM  Show Profile
me me me
Go to Top of Page

NatureWoman
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

2 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  5:48:06 PM  Show Profile
Please put my name in the drawing! Yay!

I plow thru every day trying to survive in these weird economic times!
Go to Top of Page

homergirl1957
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

cathy
tieton washington
111 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  5:49:46 PM  Show Profile
when are we not plowing?
currently plowing thru this crazy election mess.

in the midst of difficulty lies opportunity.-a. einstein
Go to Top of Page

LauraH
True Blue Farmgirl

305 Posts

Laura
North Creek New York
USA
305 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  6:39:21 PM  Show Profile
So True Cathy! Right now plowing thru for me is working full time, being a mom (always full time) and going back to college to earn my teaching degree!
LauraH

http://cottagekids-laura.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  6:39:33 PM  Show Profile
I think plowing through is something you just have to do sometimes. I have practiced this in my marriage many times. There are times when there is not enough money, too much stress, cars break down and it affects your relationship. Or there are times when you just drive each other crazy - underneath you still love the person, so you put your head down and plow through, knowing that things will change, your husband one day will come home and make dinner for you, or buy you flowers, or you will make enough money to pay your bills and go out to dinner once in a while too. You have the satisfaction of knowing that you helped work for the outcome.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  6:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Very well said Amy Grace.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  7:17:21 PM  Show Profile
Count me in!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Farmgirl Alert: Plowing Thru Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page