Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 a different pressure canner question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic a different pressure canner question Next Topic  

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  07:47:52 AM  Show Profile
So, another pressure canner question for you all. I have a pressure canner which I used with great success all last year (first year canning that type food). I use it on our glass top stove, if that matters. SO. . .my question is, this year I notice that it is a bit warped on the bottom, seems like. In other words, it doesn't sit completely flat on the stovetop. Is this a problem? Should I not use it? I was looking to buy another one, but they're all on backorder everywhere I can see; also I like the type with the weighted jiggling thing rather than the gauge, so I want to stick with that. anyone have any insights? Thanks!

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  08:13:13 AM  Show Profile
Hello Sheila;
The only problem that I know of with the bottoms being round on the bottom is on the flat top stove, we have been told that it will eventually break the flat top of your stove, but, I have used my Grandmothers Pressure canner for years and its bottom is not flat, it seems to be fine, I also have it checked by our local extension office every year....

Farmgirl Sister #368
http://froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  3:07:16 PM  Show Profile
Mine isn't very flat anymore either..and works just fine...dosn't matter at all. Mine isn't the weighted kind, but the dial type...but I don't see it would matter.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic a different pressure canner question Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page