Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Try This
 Going green with natural bodily functions...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Try This: Previous Topic Going green with natural bodily functions... Next Topic  

Buffalomary
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Mary
Caldwell ID
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  9:37:27 PM  Show Profile
I subscribe to various homesteading magazines and one of the ads caught my eye. Where were these things 20 years ago when I was freezing my posterior out deer hunting!! I would even give the other product a try if I were younger and still functioning in that monthly department. Anyway I thought I would pass it on and each can decide for themselves. The website is: thepstyle.com

Buffalomary
Farmgirl Sister #293

You can take the farmer's daughter off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the farmer's daughter!!

Please visit me at my blog: http://buffalomaryscorner.blogspot.com

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  9:45:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey Mom! How's the math homework coming along? I checked it out and started giggling but I don't know how many times I have gone to the bathroom and wished I didn't have to sit, hoover or come close to the seat.
As for the other product I tried it and it takes a while to get use to and you have to get it just right. But I do think that there are benifits to it and are worth it if you want to go green...it's also cleaner when you think about it!
Night!
Laura Marie #369
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  04:29:33 AM  Show Profile
My Mom bought one of those for me. For some strange reason it's sitting on a shelf in my laundry room! I really need to take it out and put it in my tackle box. How many times have I been in the boat with my dh and needed to come into shore to go? Besides that - who wants to be caught in a compromising position in the woods?

The freezing part? Another idea I never thought of - when we're camping and I need to hightail it to the outhouse.

That thing is coming out of the laundry room. Who put it there anyway?

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page

MarciM
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Marci
Moscow ID
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  4:12:57 PM  Show Profile
On the pstyle.com website is the Diva Cup which is a reusable menstrual cup. I've used one of these for several years now and LOVE IT! I have stopped spending hundreds of dollars a year on tampons and pads plus all the waste that comes with using disposable products is disturbing. I also live an apartment that has as sump pump. well, the girls that live upstairs constantly flush their feminine products which clog the pump. So when the maintenance guy came knocking to yell at all the girls AGAIN, I pulled my Diva cup out of the cupboard to prove it wasn't me!

I highly recommend this product to every woman! It's so nice to only have to empty and rinse two or three times a day, even during the heaviest days. I will usually dilute with water and feed the menstrual blood to my houseplants, they love it! It's also great for backpacking and camping.
Go to Top of Page

Farmgirlheart
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Valerie
Los Angeles California
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  7:19:16 PM  Show Profile
Hey momma mary! these things are similar to this other device called a F.U.D(female urinal device) I think they are pretty great and I think i ll do some comparing and buy one! Good luck with your homework!
HUGS!
Go to Top of Page

Farmgirlheart
True Blue Farmgirl

103 Posts

Valerie
Los Angeles California
USA
103 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  7:20:21 PM  Show Profile
oh,i guess that math homework was a while ago...
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  8:15:36 PM  Show Profile
I had to check the site out LOL...what a gender empowering device huh?

I had a hard enough time squatting 20-years ago ha. ha. I would never be able to do that now, but with this little device there's no holding back (No pun intended!)

Dig those crazy colors too!

Thanks BuffaloMary for sharing!

Melody
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mamarude
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Anna
Durango Colorado
USA
107 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  4:26:19 PM  Show Profile
I have to second the Diva cup recommendation!!!!! I did lots of research and hemming and hawing before I finally bought one, and I'm so glad I did!!!!!! No more leaking, no more spending tons of $$ on organic feminine hygiene products, and (I'm embarassed to say.... the dog doesn't dig through the trash anymore!!!!!) EWWWWW! I've had mine for almost 3 years, and LOVE it! Also a fan of cloth pads, and never, ever used disposable pads- hated them!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2009 :  9:33:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Mary:
I checked out your blog. Your cats are absolutely beautiful. I love cats; two inside, and five outside.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

NikkiBeaumont
True Blue Farmgirl

473 Posts

473 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2009 :  04:57:12 AM  Show Profile
Mary, great topic! And thanks for the link! I have been studying these types of products for awhile. Yet haven't taken the plunge.

Marci, oh my gosh, you have vampire plants! Please tell me that you have a five-foot-tall venus flytrap! That would be so kewl!

Y'all, about that Diva Cup. Do y'all boil it for 20 minutes before you put it away for next month? That is the thing that makes me not want to try one. I just know that someone would come in and ask what I was "cooking" or that I would forget about it and end up with a diva pancake burnt in the bottom of the pan.

Farmgirl Sister #554

http://alabamaheartofdixie.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Susitna
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Nicole
Anchorage AK
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  12:30:42 PM  Show Profile
I don't boil mine. I just use some gentle cleanser to wash it out really well. The stuff they sell for that purpose is also a facial cleanser. I haven't had any problems.
Go to Top of Page

Singing Tree Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Cari
Chase Michigan
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  7:34:06 PM  Show Profile
I also agree about the Diva cup, although I use The Keeper. It was a great investment, I'm really happy with it. I also got several different patterns to make your own pads on line and am happy with that also. I want to get one for my DD. It's so great not to have any waste, too.

All of creation sings Your praise!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  11:21:18 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
went to the site, wish I had known about these when i was camping etc in a primitive place when we had to pump water and use outhouses.

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2010 :  4:17:01 PM  Show Profile
omg!

--
See my custom costumes, download free patterns, and hear some spook EVPs from Gettysburg, PA on my site, www.alterationsbyemily.com
Go to Top of Page

fiddlegirl89
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Kayla
Dunnville KY
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  6:45:33 PM  Show Profile  Send fiddlegirl89 an AOL message  Send fiddlegirl89 a Yahoo! Message
Alrighty, then...I'm coming out and talking about my cup! Embarrassing... Oh, what the heck!

I have a Mooncup, like the Keeper, only silicone instead of rubber. I LOVE it! I've used it for almost a year, and only use a liner maybe 1 day a month now...haven't used pads in forever now. Usually just the liner if I'm going off or something. I've taken trips with it and I just love having it...especially with travelling with 3 younger, curious brothers and a dad!!! I've gotten used to fitting it in right, and it never leaks, unless I leave it too long. It's so much cleaner than pads! You can even empty and clean it in a public bathroom with no problem.

I could go on, but I'll stop! I'm still trying to convince my mom to get one. LOL...Mother's Day, maybe???!!!

Oh, I usually just wash it out really well with soap and hot water between months, but just this past week I did boil it with baking soda for a while. I'm up later than everyone else, so it wasn't a problem for me...everyone else was in bed already. I think I'll be boiling it more often...it had gotten very slightly discolored (mine's clear,) and that got it back to normal. Actually, that's sort of gross... Anyway, I could never go back to pads again!

http://www.custerfamilyfarm.com

Direct link to my blog: http://custerfamilyfarm.com/blog1/index.php?blog=3
Go to Top of Page

knead2garden
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Ashley
Spring City TN
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  4:50:38 PM  Show Profile
I think I'm going to try one. I've wanted to for years, but it always looked like it hurt. Thanks ladies!

~Ashley

"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we have been taught." -Baba Dioum
Go to Top of Page
  Try This: Previous Topic Going green with natural bodily functions... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page