Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Finally,,,some clarity... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  06:34:00 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
As all ya'll know, I have been doing some intense therapy to work through my issues with my family. Some of this is on my own but I have been seeing a therapist once a month to clarify things for me. Well, lo and behold and yee haw, I had a HUGE breakthrough that literally has let me finally breath again.

My mother is JEALOUS of me. I do not say this with arrogance but with sudden OH my gosh now I get it. Everything she says to me comes from her own jealousy. She actually hates me for living my life my way and she thinks I do not struggle with motherhood, being a wife, etc...that I have it so easy. HA!! Seriously, this blows my mind but finally put the whole puzzle together for me. I now can come from a place of knowing that I am ok and that I am doing things right and that it is HER personal hang up and whomever else she drags along.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Edited by - catscharm74 on Oct 12 2008 06:57:20 AM

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  06:51:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather- from the things you have posted about your family, that makes total sense to me! I am glad you are finding a healthier place for you to be and nice strong stand point!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  07:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Alee. It has helped me to reach closure on this whole thing, at least for myself. I am able to see that I am what I am, I am NOT a bad person nor do I do things that are bad or wrong, just in someone else's mind or ideas of what I should be doing. I can stop over achieving and sit back and enjoy my life. I used to have that little voice in my head whenever I would do something deemed inappropriate by my mother that went off (inappropriate = breathing the wrong way to her) and now that voice has been turned off. I am now using my time to work through certain hang ups by facing them head on but it is actually getting easier to do now that I can do it for myself. AAAAAHHHHH!! The lightbulb went off....YEEEE HAWWWWW!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

NatureNymph
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Tracy
Barrie Ontario
Canada
73 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  2:58:13 PM  Show Profile
I'm happy for you Heather. I may not know your circumstances specifically but I know what it is like having a difficult mother. I have not spoken to my mother for 5 years bec of her treatment towards me. I too have been in therapy on and off because of it.

I am glad you have made such a breakthrough. It's definitely a cause for celebration.

Tracy

"Everybody likes to go their own way--to choose their own time and manner of devotion." Jane Austen, Mansfield Park

http://blessewefarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  3:02:08 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Well let's all HAPPY DANCE!! YEE HAW!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  5:35:16 PM  Show Profile
Good for you, Heather! I bet it does feel good.

Hugs, Kris
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  9:23:21 PM  Show Profile
Welp, good for you!!

Ain't it grand when it all comes together?? The lightbulb come on and you just go "So, that's WHY..."!

Families...either a curse or the best thing that can happen to you...*sigh*

Winona :-)

When you lose, don't lose the lesson!!

http://goneriding.wordpress.com/

Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  08:10:51 AM  Show Profile
It is such a great moment when you realize they are the ones with the problem, not you...learned that the hard way too. Good for you, Heather!
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Finally,,,some clarity... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page