K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  5:16:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh my God...I Hate the changes that took over my body when I wasn't looking.. Plucking "ouch". When did these start? I think the same time my butt spread and my boobs dropped. Ya can't win can ya?

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Keep life simple, to Simply live. Life is too short to worry about it.

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  5:20:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
ROFL, gotcha Cheryl. I now live to have my eyebrows waxed. I never used to have hair grow on the top of them, I only had to pluck under the curve. Oh, well. I made my hairdresser, who does the eyebrow waxing, to promise me she would tell me if I started to need an upper lip wax,lol

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  5:37:29 PM  Show Profile
I am Not looking. My eyebrows are fine.. & the fuzzy stuff on my upper lip is not that noticable ..is it? Oh GAWD now I need a wax job too?

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  5:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
giggle...snort,hehe

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  5:51:48 PM  Show Profile
I'm going to go pluck now...

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  6:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Isn't aging a wonderful thing? I looked in the mirror this morning and had a runaway eyebrow hair....Ughhh...lol

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/

http://bigdogmom130.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  6:19:37 PM  Show Profile
My mom took me out for coffee not long ago and very seriously asked me to make her a promise, I was expecting something to do with her will etc. etc., no, she looks at me and says "Amy, you have to promise that if I am ever in a home you will make sure that I am not one of those old ladies with facial hair that scares visitors" - I promised!! Unfortunately I only have a son so who is going to do that for me? I know it's gonna happen, I have been dealing with the "unibrow" look for years and unruly eyebrow, nose and ear hair runs in my dad's family. I better hope I have a really good relationship with whoever my son ends up spending his life with (he's only 15 1/2)
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  7:27:32 PM  Show Profile
I agree...the chin hairs are the worst! I do notice that the hair on my legs is alot less now...it all grows on my face now..ugh! Having such dark hair isn't a plus in that department..let me tell ya!!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  7:32:14 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes I think I'd rather shave it off... but I'm afraid it would come in like a stubble and that would be worse!
Shaving my legs is bad enough. When will that hair stop growing so fast? I just noticed I have 4 disposable razors in my shower... wonder which one is the sharpest.....? and 3 more used ones in the drawer yikes! I am doomed!

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Edited by - K-Falls Farmgirl on Oct 10 2008 8:11:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  7:42:05 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Wax is my best friend from my eyebrows down...that is all I have to say... ; )

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  8:12:53 PM  Show Profile
Ohhhhhhhh but you said so much girlfriend!

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  8:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
: )

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  8:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
*snicker* *snort* You ladies are the funniest! OMG! Thanks for the great laugh!!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  8:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
PS- I pluck MUTANT hairs from my head that are like 6 follicles thick and I have "Between the Girls" hairs that I shave! No one wants a hairy cleavage!! I knew I shouldn't have eatten my veggies as a kid ("It'll put hair on your chest!")

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  8:44:25 PM  Show Profile
Now Alee..shhhhhhhh That was a bit too much information for this farmgirlfriend!

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  8:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL Cheryl

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  12:38:16 AM  Show Profile
I laughed when Amy Grace said her mother asked her to make sure that her facial hair was taken care of. That's exactly what I told Missy - she has to come take care of my face hair. I have a friend who does laser hair removal. She told me that shaving is actually better than plucking if you can't do permanent hair removal. I have chin hairs that I plucked for years but always got ingrown hairs and had bumps on my chin. I started shaving them and no more ingrown hairs. Hopefully someday I can get them lasered.

There's this lady in our church that has major facial hair. Including long ones that kind of curl around. When she comes up to talk to me I can hardly pay attention to what she's saying for looking at her facial hair. I just want to get her down and shave her whole face!!

Handmade Soap and More! Try my new Lavender Oatmeal Facial Bar - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  03:03:59 AM  Show Profile
I have 2 on my chinny-chin-chin that get plucked post haste whenever they start to appear

There's also one stray grey hair near th front of my forehead. That got plucked a few months back and hasn't resurfaced.
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  06:15:41 AM  Show Profile
I have some of these terrible hairs popping up in places where they don't belong. I pluck them as soon as I see them.
You ladies are just too funny I can't stop laughing.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LindaEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  06:35:33 AM  Show Profile
I don't get chin hairs but I do get a lone hair growing on my big toe, whats with that? That sucker gets 2" before I notice it.

LOL Alee , I almost scared my granddaughters when I said that about eating good food,"It'll put hair on your chest". LOL. They wonder about their granny esp. when I chowed down my food.

Linda
Farmgirl Sister #343

Locust Trail Homestead
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/
Go to Top of Page

jennym
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Jenny
Green Lane PA
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  06:45:50 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, this is the funniest topic ever. Especially because just lastnight I waxed my upper lip....it's blonde hair but I feel like when the sun hits it, everyone's going - "Would you look at that...!"
Did anyone ever see the "Everybody Loves Raymond" episode when he catches Debra taking care of her "moustache"?
What's really frustrating is that I'm a strawberry blonde - but I have a mole that just started growing a black hair - EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWwww. That is so gross.
It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who worries about facial hair taking over at a point when I won't be able to do anything about it!
There's a woman who works at a McDonald's near here who has a moustache. I mean, not just a few stray hairs, but an obvious, visible moustache. Every time I see her, I want to say, "You know, you could wax that...."
And my best friend has asked me to let her know if I ever see a whisker sprouting from her chin that she missed.
Growing older is not for the faint-hearted!

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  09:42:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
OMG, ROFL, again!! This so funny. Now who else could we confess all this to, but us farmgirls. Isn't it wierd about the leg hair, it just dissapates, but, lordy the face hair!! I have a daughter who is always stylist, dressed to the nines, perfectly groomed, she'll probably relish the idea of finally being able to "make over" her hick mom when I'm in the position to not be able to take care of myself, LOL

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  09:57:37 AM  Show Profile
I actually heard shaving also helps with your face looking younger. Because it exfoliates! I have a friend in her 70's, that does look like she is only in her 40's, and she attributes it to shaving her face every day!

I am still too scared to try the shaving though. lol

However, I have had threading done, and I LOVED LOVED LOVED it! It made my face baby soft. And the mustache area was cleanest it has ever been. Waxing doesn't work for me, my hair is way too thick and just gets tugged a little, but doesn't come out with waxing, so I either have to pluck-which is what I usually do, shave-never do, or thread-when I can afford it, I do!

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  10:08:23 AM  Show Profile
Me too, no hair in my arm pits, very few on my legs. Seems to be going away 'down there' too. But, I have to shave my chin about every other day. Or when I'm getting ready to go some where. My eye brows are so light and they are hidden behind by glasses frames that I do hardley anything to them. Just have to pluck the bottom of the brow once in a while.

This has got to be one of the most informative topic ever. Well the one about how many bras do we have was pretty good too. I don't even talk about this with close friends. Guess that makes us more like sisters, right?
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  12:01:25 PM  Show Profile
My MIL, who died 13 yrs ago at 90, shaved her upper lip and chin for years. Not often enough, though, cause kissing her and feeling the stubble was not pleasant. At the end of her life, she was in a nursing home and very concerned about not being able to shave. They finally brought her an electric shaver to make her happier. I passed out and fell a couple years ago, splitting my chin open and above one eyebrow. Thought the chin needed stitches, but Larry said it added "character" to my face. I'm already a character, silly man. It healed with a crooked scar and I notice fine white hairs occasionally grow from it. I pluck them out asap. I feel for those with dark hair, cause it all shows so much more.
Yep, another funny subject.
Go to Top of Page

Hanalu
True Blue Farmgirl

123 Posts

Hana
Redwood City California
USA
123 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  10:04:10 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'm glad its not just me! Hardly have to shave my legs but my tweezers are part of my daily life! The scary thing is that I'm not even thirty yet...am I going to get even more whiskers as I get older? eeeks!!

The worst thing ever is when you hop in the car and check yourself in the mirror before you get out...then you spot the hideous hairs that the sun exposes...somehow you can't see them in the bathroom but in the car they are screaming "PLUCK ME NOW"!!! This is why I keep a spare pair of tweezers in the car!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic How about those chin hairs? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page