Page: of 2

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  11:55:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
nitegown, pj get twisted on me. We have flannel sheets on our bed 10 months of the year. What I call an affordable luxury. We live in an old, drafty, house on a hill though!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Hanalu
True Blue Farmgirl

123 Posts

Hana
Redwood City California
USA
123 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  11:06:12 PM  Show Profile
I'm with Heather...except my robe at the end of the bed is blue! I wish it was pink though! I prefer pink to blue.
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  11:12:15 PM  Show Profile
I like nightgowns, but not flannel. They get too thick and stick to sheets and I feel like I'm mummified in them. Light cotton is my fav! I do love flannel PJ pants, or sweatpants with a tank top/cami -- year round. But never, ever EVER socks. Can't sleep with them!

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  03:15:00 AM  Show Profile
used to do nightgowns until it began to affect my sleep I.E. too twisted and waking me from a sound sleep

these days it's warm up pants a crossover from the college years and the possibility of maybe having to go outside in the dead of night for whatever reason

flannel anything is too hot in our house

hubby likes to crank it up to 70! I like a little nip in the air and layered blankets.... so winters always have us waging temperature wars inside

at times I wake up w/ pools of sweat like Alee's husband

I like to be able to thermo regulate anytime of year really

anybody still heat w/ a wood stove? We gave ours the heave-ho 5 years ago. Smoke in the house coupled w/ ants in the wood and hubby's temper at having to regulste the thing made us switch to central heat AND ac. Prior to this we sweated out the summers too. Took a heat measurement one evening and had that stove cranked up to 96!! Nothing like cooking one's self then having to open the front door for a little air!!
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  03:41:20 AM  Show Profile
I like flannel pajama pants and a t-shirt. When I'm at home, I live in that. I always have a window open, even a crack on the coldest days. I feel like I'm suffocating if it's not open and I like the cold air circulating. I use regular sheets and usually end up taking off my top when I'm sleeping. I keep the thermostat at 68, usually.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  09:01:47 AM  Show Profile
Always leave window open.. Love the cold crisp feeling on my face.. but I have to be warm from top to bottom. Love flannel Pj especially after they get broke in.. and really comfy..Older the better.. If I get hot ..Out comes my foot from under the covers .. works everytime..

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Keep life simple, to Simply live. Life is too short to worry about it.
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  09:03:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I do the foot thing too, how funny!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  09:40:17 AM  Show Profile
I promised DH I would never wear flannel pj's and I never have and never will as long as we both shall live. He emanates enough heat (how do men do that??) that I am toasty and kicking off the covers by morning even with the heat turned way down at night and the window cracked. I wear pajama pants (light light cotton) and a T to bed year-round.
Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  10:34:50 AM  Show Profile
What is it about Men not liking women to wear flanned pj or nightgowns? The way I see it .. excuse the comment..( If its a sexual thing..) the do come off as easily as a lacey flimsy number.. and they do make some really pretty flannels these days.. And really those sweat pants & t shirts are not really sexy either...just my hubby's opinion.. he appreciates sweet clean smelling fresh bathe scent of a woman more that what night aparrel I wear. I am too independent to let Him decide what I WEAR TO BED... He says to be comfortable and that works for me...and him...

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  11:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh I think there is something to be said for deciding what you are going to wear during the day and during the night, but at the same time- it is nice to take the guy's opinions in to consideration as well. There are certain things that I think would just be too weird if I saw Doug walking around the house in. Not bad, just not him. So I think if he started buying certain types of clothes I might have to ask him to reconsider! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  3:29:12 PM  Show Profile
I wear what feels comfortable... What I think I look good in.. Hubby wears jeans & t shirts most of time.. as long as they don't have holes in them & are clean, I don't have a problem. He will accomany me anywhere as long as he feels comfortable in what he's wearing.. I do not object!and as far as bed clothes? whatever....is comfortable

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2008 :  9:30:03 PM  Show Profile
It's buff all the way for me...no matter what season it is! I do wear some funky crocheted booties in the winter for about the first ten minutes...until the bed is warm, then they get kicked off.
Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/ (my personal blog)
www.thomstravel.com (to book your travel & save)
www.ytb.com/thomstravel (own your travel store & travel as an insider)
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  12:30:04 AM  Show Profile
No flannel for me! Too many hot flashes. I sleep in a sleeveless t-shirt with a fan blowing on me year round. Except I don't like cold feet so I keep a folded blanket on the foot of the bed so I can put my feet under it.

Handmade Soap and More! Try my new Lavender Oatmeal Facial Bar - http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100

Edited by - therusticcottage on Oct 11 2008 12:33:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  07:37:39 AM  Show Profile
I did wear the long flannel gowns in winter(when hubby's not home!) but they'd always end up hiked up around my neck. So can't do that anymore. I like a nice cotton gown or just a t-shirt. My favorite is a Betty Boop one that says " yeah right, whatever, blah blah blah! That sums it up most of the time for me.

But I do usually start out freezing with socks and pants on, then when I warm up, off they come. I hate being hot. And I like a foot out, too. That just balances everything out.

As far as men and what they like, they are very visual. If it ain't perty to them, it turns them off. It's only a few minutes anyway, right? Then put the ole nightgown back on later!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic another question to ponder: Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page