Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Organic Yogurt Next Topic  

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  07:52:19 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Do you start your day with yogurt? I have heard that there are benefits to having yogurt first thing in the morning. It is supposed to help you digestive track work during the day. Does anyone know anything about this?

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
-Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  08:56:57 AM  Show Profile
I don't know about the benefits you describe but we do eat yogurt quite a bit. We like to make Banana Split smoothies. Take 1/2 cup organic vanilla flavored yogurt, 1/2 cup organic milk, 1/8 cup frozen OJ concentrate, 1 banana, approx 6 ice cubes and blend until smooth. So yummy. We also eat the yogurt plain or my new favorite is vanilla yogurt with homemade granola on top. My favorite brand is Horizon vanilla.
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  09:49:32 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
I agree on the yogurt and granola. It is a great treat for me. I like CC Jersey Organic Yogurt. It is made locally in WI but can be bought in WI and MN for sure. The cream rises to the top and you have to stir it in. Yummy! I'll have to try the smoothie. I have a problem with milk so I eat yogurt instead to keep my calcium up.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  10:12:16 AM  Show Profile
Beth you are right as long as the yogurt has LIVE active cultures. They are beneficial to aiding the balance in your intestinal tract and also help with a healthy pH balance. I don't think it's specific to just morning, they are beneficial all the time. I am lactose intolerant but can and do eat yogurt because it actually benefits breaking down what we do not tolerate.Alot of the girls on this site make their own yogurt if you are interested and I think someone may have posted directions. In the east we can most easily get organic Stonyfield but there is a small dairy in Oreland , Pa that makes Erivan Yogurt and that is my favorite. It is so tart it tastes lemony! They used to have individual serving cups with wonderful granola packet attached that I lived on in college. Now I just find the larger containers at the health food store. (I will post a Chicken recipe that uses yogurt and is amazingly good and easy in Across the fence.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  10:21:54 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
thanks bramble! I will look for the chicken recipe. Also saw the cinnamon recipe and I am going to use it this weekend. I have 1 of three Christmas trees up but no decorations on it yet. Will be stringing cranberries at Thanksgiving.

Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Organic Yogurt Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page