JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  06:56:48 AM  Show Profile
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET GUM OFF OF MATERIAL? I WONDERED IF ANYONE EVER USED AN IRON MAYBE?? WITH PAPER TOWEL TO TRY TO STICK IT TO THE TOWEL?? ANYWAYS I HOPE SOMEONE HAS A SOLUTION TO HELP ME ! THANKYOU JO~~

love is all you need

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  07:18:47 AM  Show Profile
I would either put the material in the freezer or rub with an ice cube -- the idea is to get the gum to freeze solid, and then you can peel it off. Works!
Go to Top of Page

Tatiana
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Tania
Boise ID
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  07:56:05 AM  Show Profile
I would start with Katie's suggestion to get most of out and then there is a product you can buy in the grocery store or hardware store called GooGone to get the rest out.

Tania in Boise
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  08:54:35 AM  Show Profile
I too would start with the freezing suggestion. I couldn't do that when my daughter fell asleep with gum in her mouth and it was ALL over her sheets and blankets!! I used stuff called Goof Off and it worked amazing. The gum just peeled right off. It did leave a purple mark (purple gum!!) but the coloring came right out in the wash. Just a warning though, the stuff stinks to high heaven so make sure you have plenty of ventilation!!!
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  11:01:56 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tatiana

I would start with Katie's suggestion to get most of out and then there is a product you can buy in the grocery store or hardware store called GooGone to get the rest out.

Tania in Boise

THANKYOU ALL FOR YOUR SUGESTIONS, IT IS IN MY SHEET!! MY HUBBY THREW IT IN THE GARBAGE! SO HE THOUGHT!MUST HAVE BEEN WHEN I WAS IN THE BATHROOM, AND I DIDN'T SEE IT, AND WHEN I WOKE UP IT WAS UNDER ME, TEE HEE! LUCKY FOR HIM I HAD MY LONG HAIR UP, OR HE'D STILL BE RUNNING!! HA HA!FUNNY STORY ANYWAYS EH? LAUGH OF THE DAY HA HA~~~ I WILL TRY THE FREEZER AND GET BACK TO U ALL! TO SEE IF IT HELPED K? THANKS AGAIN JO~~

love is all you need
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  12:49:08 PM  Show Profile
Jo, so good to see you here again hun!

Molly
http://mollymaequilts.tripod.com
"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic GETTING GUM OUT?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page