willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2008 :  6:50:55 PM  Show Profile
My September list is finally up on my blog. Check it out. I had a few REALLY GREAT reads this month!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2008 :  8:16:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh I love to see recomendations from other farmgirls!! I for sure am going to find "Midwife of The Blue Ridge"...sounds like my kind of book..thanks!!
I am reading "No Time on My Hands" by Grace Snyder right now...about 2/3 done. I really am enjoying it. I have another couple of books on order too...and a short list to get at the library. This on is on top now!!
Thanks Julie!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  09:50:30 AM  Show Profile
That is a great idea and maybe we could have a regular monthly list of great reads from the farmgirls! I do love recommendations too. I am reading The Secret Supper, kind of on the same lines as the DaVinci Code but not nearly as interesting to me...in fact...I can easily put it down. I read The Private World of Tasha Tudor although there are mostly pictures but what an inspiration and I will be holding on to this one! I read Twilight and although very good, I don't really like to read anything too scary since I live alone and IT SCARES ME and then I can't get to sleep! LOL! I also read Nancy Turner's These Be My Words and it was very good! I think that was it for this month but if I think of any more I will let y'all know! Thanks again Julie!!!!
Oh, I reread a book called True Balance which is about the chakras/energy centers in the body and what happens psychologically and physically when any of them get out of balance...VERY interesting and I have found it to be very true and the author gives you many recommendations for each chakra as to how to help get back in balance whether slightly, moderately, or majorly imbalanced. Whether you beleive in chakras/energy centers or not.....it is so practical and makes so much common sense and I am here to tell you...I have used it for years when I get "out of sorts" for one reason or another or feel stressed or worried etc. It is a reference book for sure and has kept me "balanced" and grounded for years....although some of you may argue with that one! Ha! Ha!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  5:08:28 PM  Show Profile
I have been busy reading all the "Elm Creek Quilters" books. They have been wonderful! I've only read half of them so far, can't wait to read the rest.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  5:24:23 PM  Show Profile
Arent they good. I still need to read the latest one.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  6:35:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh...I forgot about those...I just finished the fourth one...what was the name of it? Duh...the mind is the second thing to go but they are excellent! I need to get the 5th one...how many are there?

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  7:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Julia! These all look great! The "Midwife of The Blue Ridge" looks especially great! How is the Twilight series? Girls in my sorority are obsessed with it, but I haven't read any yet...

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/

http://aminiatureworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  8:17:19 PM  Show Profile
I really liked the first three twilight books. The last was well written but the story was weird. I'm a teacher and all the girls in HS were reading it so I thought I would check it out.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  11:58:30 PM  Show Profile
I just ordered the Midwife Of the Blue Ridge on amazone used..can hardly wait to read it.
And I LOVE those Elm Creek Quilters books!! I have read them all...there are, hmmmm...at least 8..maybe 10 or 12 now! I saw where a new one is just coming out....I will NEED to get it!!
My favorite is Sugar Camp Quilt....but I loved them all.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  12:40:15 PM  Show Profile
Jenny, I discovered in the Elm Creek Quilter books quite by accident. They were in the large print section of my library. My eyesight is getting worse, so I thought I'd try the large print books. That's when I discovered this series. I love them & am thrilled they are in large print too!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2008 :  07:22:35 AM  Show Profile
I really enjoy the Elm Creek Quilters books too. I just found out that the author is going to have a book signing at the bookstore closest to me. I might have to go. Just moved to the "big" city of Lincoln NE so I'm getting used to all the perks.
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic September Book List Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page