Page: of 2

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  6:13:10 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Hey, Ruth, I put a post in the AVM HMBC thread earlier today. Just looked and there were no comments so I'm wondering if I jumped the gun. How do we do this, TS?

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  7:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Dawn, I couldn't respond to your post for starter kit suggestions since it was on the bulletin board so I'm putting it here. This is the link to the page where Annika posted her beginner's pack ideas: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24908&whichpage=17

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  05:48:43 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Bump!

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Maven's Haven Editor
Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  3:06:24 PM  Show Profile
oh man, I have soooooooooooo much to learn.I don't know where to begin.. Like my intentions are so good but I lack in how to even begin. I hope the book I just ordered will help. Last year was the first garden i have had in 23 years.. and I only gardened then to raise food for my family.. I never got this into all the education part. Yikes.. I need an interpretor I think...anyone speak Greek?

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  6:21:09 PM  Show Profile
LOL Cheryl - don't worry about the learning curve, we can all learn from each other. I get overwhelmed easily but gardening to me is the most relaxing thing I can do - it is all a learning process, just try not to take it all on at once.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  7:02:59 PM  Show Profile
whew! I am Breathing now.. Thanks..

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  7:08:26 PM  Show Profile
No problem - just keep in mind you will probably have to talk me down at some point in the coming months:)
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  4:07:46 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
bump

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & KMW (Keeper of Maven Words)
Farmgirl Sister #311

"To own a little bit of ground, to scratch it with a hoe, to plant seeds and watch the renewal of life - this is the commonest delight of the race, the most satisfactory thing a man can do." Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Thistle Cove Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

141 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  11:47:05 AM  Show Profile
? for your farmgirls re. Heirloom Mavens blog...would the owner of the blog, please, consider putting a Follower section on the blog? I'd like to follow and it'd be nice to have the Heirloom Maven blog follow me, and others, as it helps spread the word. I've had people visit followers of my blog and sign up for their blog; sorta like that old shampoo commercial -smile-. Actually, the reason I like having followers is I don't have to remember where to go because I enjoyed their blog. Remembering is becoming an impossibility anyway -smile.

And, how about an "about" on the Heirloom Mavens blog; there's really nothing there to show visitors what it's all about.

I'm not being negative, just trying to be helpful; sure hope it's taken thataway.

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm ~ God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands & heart ~
www.thistlecovefarm.com
www.thistlecovefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Thistle Cove Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

141 Posts

Sandra
Tazewell VA
USA
141 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2009 :  06:31:04 AM  Show Profile
Knowing this topic hasn't been updated in a while, I still wanted to let you know...if you're ever in the Meadowview, VA area (near Abingdon, VA), Barbara Kingsolver and her husband, Steve...but can't remember his last name...have a general store and restaurant. The store has all hand crafted by local, regional artisans and crafters and the store uses food that's local and regionally produced. Both are housed in old buildings with lots of character.
And, if you get that far...come across the mountain and visit me at Thistle Cove Farm -smile-.

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm ~ God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands & heart ~
www.thistlecovefarm.com
www.thistlecovefarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2009 :  07:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Sandra!

Rene'Groom
Sister #185
Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
www.MaryJanesFarm.com/RFBlog/
www.Twitter.com/RuralFarmgirl
www.RuralandRaw.blogspot.com
www.RuralFarmGirl.blogspot.com
www.FarmGirlsFarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic HHM/HM Henhouse Connection Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page