Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Tins Next Topic  

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  8:49:16 PM  Show Profile
One of my holidays projects this year will require tins so I can mail them and the crackers won't get damaged. A great place to collect tins is at Starbucks. At least the ones in Barnes and Noble use tins for their tea and when they are empty they throw them out! The regular store didn't and I haven't checked the one in the Target, but I thought I would share a resource with you all. They come in all colors and are a great size, about 4 inches x 4 inches by 6 inches tall. I just ask if they have any that are empty or near so and the clerk always looks. Most are pretty happy to do so. So start scavenging..... :)

Best Growing

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  06:47:46 AM  Show Profile
thanks for the great info. i'm always baking cookies and sending them to the kids (in college, and some now on their own!) and they sound like the perfect size for store "rum balls" which i make around christmas and never want to put with anything else.
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  5:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Great, there are Starbucks going up everywhere around here. I'm the baker now in my little family. Sis is in New Mexico and Mom's in North Carolina, and I'm are looking for stuff to pack goodies into. Thanks!

FarmGirl Sister #123

Crafty Bay FarmGirls Chapter

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way, you're right." Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Tins Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page