country roads
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Melissa
Shinglehouse Pa
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  09:42:48 AM  Show Profile
Hey girls, I was just wondering what everyone was upto today. Its very dreary and rainy out here. Dh and dd are taking a nap, ds is playing quietly in his room, and I am making the most of a quiet house! I keep going back and forth between my knitting, embroidery, reading my book (Harry Potter). I am also listening to my Celtic Woman cd, I just love them. Their voices are heavenly, and so relaxing. I have dinner started in the oven, I'm attemping to make a dish with spaghetti squash for the first time. Hopefully it'll turn out really good.

Take care, Melissa.

Farmgirl # 352

~Think happy thoughts~

fionalovesshrek
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Paige
kinston North Carolina
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  09:49:01 AM  Show Profile
It's sunny and mildly warm here, windows open and laundry on the line since Friday when it rained a bit. We're going to get feed for our big hens and later I'll fix a big Sunday dinner. Other than that, we'll watch movies, play games and do our own thing (kid's coloring, me stitching something, hubby watching football or napping.)
Classic relaxing day for us. Ever since we became church free, this is what our Sundays look like.
P~

www.fionaswampington.blogspot.com

http://homespunhensfarmgirlchapter.blogspot.com/
Man, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many accomplishments, owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  10:05:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It is beautifully sunny here and I am am stuck inside doing massive loads of homework! UGH! At least my "Office" is my sewing room which is also a sun room so I have plants and sunlight at least.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  1:16:37 PM  Show Profile
DH took us out to breakfast. Still no pumpkins for sale here, so I bought some squash that look pretty, until we eat them. We came home so baby can have a nap, and then we will be going up the mountain behind our house to kick around in the woods. We are taking full advantage of the sunny weekend here.

Trish
Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
http://adventuresofowenmaxwell.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  5:11:47 PM  Show Profile
Spent the whole day cooking and canning spaghetti sauce, cleaning and pitting plums, doing laundry, made beans in the big crockpot for dinner and made bread. Since I had the entire stove in use I decided to try this new recipe for chocolate mud cake in my other crockpot. It's hubby's birthday, so I hope it turns out well. Your supposed to spoon it out into a bowl while it's still warm and serve with ice cream. It sounded wonderful, but I don't know how well it will work, yet. It takes 2 hours in the crockpot and it won't be done for another hour.

Oh, and of course, football. I love the sound of football while cooking in the kitchen. Sadly, dh team lost today, but mine won and is undefeated so far this year! Woohoo Go Bills!!!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm

Edited by - lisamarie508 on Sep 28 2008 5:13:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  5:17:16 PM  Show Profile
It was a nice day for us. Church this morning, lots of fun time for my children at Pa and Ma's this afternoon and then another church service. Sundays we all go home to mom and dads so all the grandkids play and we all gab or sleep!! It's a wild afternoon, but it keeps us all close!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  5:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Doug had a friend over for football and I have been struggling through homework all day. I have been up since 2 am so I am feeling very tired!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  5:36:29 PM  Show Profile
It was beautiful here this weekend. A little chilly this morning but it warmed up to about 75 this afternoon. We got up and went to church, went over to my BIL's to pick up our 1/4 of a hog a friend gave us, then came home and had lunch, cleaned the house, and cleaned up a bunch of junk and trees around our garage that the previous owners left there. Now we just finished eating supper that I grilled out while my husband and son washed my car. Great weekend here!
Go to Top of Page

rhondacate
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Rhonda
Janesville CA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  5:46:26 PM  Show Profile
My husband and I slept outside on our swing last night. (It's one that folds open to lay flat.) It was wonderful.

It is a beautiful fall day here. We skipped church and have been doing catch-up stuff around the house.

My brother-in-law stopped by for a visit and we showed him wedding pictures.

And tonight is family dinner at my husband's parents house. My husband is the oldest of 8 and his siblings have lots of kids, so it is always a houseful.

~Rhonda
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  8:00:09 PM  Show Profile
I did laundry most of the day and watched my husband and father-in-law lay tile in the basement. My mother in law sanded the baseboard moldings for our floors. I made pizza baked spaghetti for supper and then we all sat around and made our final plans and arrangements for next weekend at Miss Wilma's. I'm on vacation this week every day but Friday, when I'll go in and do payroll. I'm looking forward to a nice peaceful week, well hopefully.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Sunday Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page