dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  10:43:14 AM  Show Profile
Hubby went a week ago on a trip to TN in the Camden/Holladay area and fell in love with the area. This is the first time he's actually gotten excited about wanting to move to the country, so of course I want to take full advantage of that!

Any of you familiar with those areas or know of any country homes on a minimum of 10 acres? He'd like a place where it's at least partially wooded so he could shoot/hunt, and me, well I just want a place I can have chickens and grow veggies, flowers, fruits etc.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  05:30:51 AM  Show Profile
Well, I did some research and found 23.65 acres with a home that needs rehabbing in Camden. It's got electric and well water and even has a chicken house. Looks like we may be making a trip to TN to go check it out in the near future. Wish us luck that the 2 investment houses we have on the market right now sell so we'd be able to buy our future retirement homestead!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  07:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Diana! That sounds like a wonderful home for you! I hope that your investment houses sell quickly!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

berryhill
True Blue Farmgirl

132 Posts

Linda
Troy TN
USA
132 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  8:19:15 PM  Show Profile
Diana,
There are lots of rolling hills, woods, and streams around the Camden area... Lots of nice lakes and rivers nearby. Sounds like you have a good prospect already. Keep us posted on your progress.
Linda
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  06:04:38 AM  Show Profile
Linda- So are you familiar with the Camden area? I just want to be sure that it's a nice and safe area to live in. Hubby said that while he was in the area that the people were very friendly. I told him that's just TN hospitality :)

The property we have our eyes on has a year round spring on it and lots of woods. Only 2 of the 24 acres is cleared. The house will need to be rehabbed, but that's what we do for a living, so not a big deal. Our plans are to use it as a weekend and vacation place and work on fixing it up, and then eventually move there full time in a few years.

I have family in TN, but they're in E. TN in the Chattanooga, Tracy City, Pelham, etc. areas. Pelham TN is where my great great grandpa ended up living after he came to the USA from Ireland in 1849.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Go to Top of Page

berryhill
True Blue Farmgirl

132 Posts

Linda
Troy TN
USA
132 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  8:24:19 PM  Show Profile
Diana,
As far as I know, it is a safe town. Benton County is a very rural area, with no large cities within the county. Benton County sorghum molasses is well-known around here! I only know a few people from that area, but all of them are friendly. It would definitely be a "country" area, but you could get to Nashville fairly quickly on I-40...probably within an hour or so.
Linda
P.S. I also have an Irish great-great GF...of the Riley clan!
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Need TN Farmgirl Help.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page