Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 100 Acre Farm with Barn, Lake, Creek For Sale
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic 100 Acre Farm with Barn, Lake, Creek For Sale Next Topic
Page: of 2

misstilliewillie
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

glory
Tennessee
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2008 :  10:09:32 PM  Show Profile
Nancy,
Here's some photos of the 100 Acre Farm I told you about. It is available for sale.

livin' the sweet life!

Edited by - misstilliewillie on Jul 29 2009 10:13:49 AM

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2008 :  11:47:13 PM  Show Profile
Very cool. Are you buying? MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  06:04:58 AM  Show Profile
That is beautiful. I would be a happy farmgirl there. :)

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

misstilliewillie
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

glory
Tennessee
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  07:07:41 AM  Show Profile
It is darling!

It is available for sale.

livin' the sweet life!

Edited by - misstilliewillie on Jul 29 2009 10:14:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  09:09:51 AM  Show Profile
Cost, please. It's gorgeous!!!

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

misstilliewillie
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

glory
Tennessee
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  10:05:54 AM  Show Profile
Not sure yet...still working on that detail!

livin' the sweet life!
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  10:19:22 AM  Show Profile
When you get the figures, I'd like to hear - purchase, lease to purchase and rent.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

misstilliewillie
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

glory
Tennessee
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  6:53:28 PM  Show Profile
Hmmmm, let's see.

This is a place very close to my heart, and this is my heart's desire...that the person(s) would be a good steward of the land, respect the land and farm the land organically, perhaps have a CSA for the surrounding neighborhoods,
raise a crop on some of the land that is looking toward the future...such as switchgrass or bamboo. A person(s) that is not afraid of taking chances, making a difference, thinking of the future, innovative, hard-working, a animal lover, trustworthy and peace loving!
Sounds a little bit like a girl scout!

livin' the sweet life!

Edited by - misstilliewillie on Jul 29 2009 10:15:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  7:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
WOW! Gorgeous! Where is it? I love it! You have seriously thrown me into a serious "I want" fit! WOW WOW WOW! What great architecture! I love the paint colors! And the Windows!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  01:44:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oops! Just saw it is in Mississippi! Anyway you can pick up that piece of paradise and move it to Montana for me?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  08:17:42 AM  Show Profile
I wish I was the right person for your property but my dh and I don't have the farming experience to accomplish your desires. He will be retiring sometime in the next 5 years but when, I'm not sure. Neither of us has ever farmed on the scale you need. But if it's still available when he does retire, I'd like to revisit the possibility.

Go to Top of Page

misstilliewillie
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

glory
Tennessee
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  11:35:50 AM  Show Profile
That sounds good! Keep in touch with us~

And they call me a dreamer....
Any other dreamers out there?

livin' the sweet life!

Edited by - misstilliewillie on Jul 29 2009 10:15:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  1:13:03 PM  Show Profile
Just wonderful farm!!
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  2:39:25 PM  Show Profile
My mother's family were farmers. There is a picture of me at Grandpa's sitting on a "honey wagon". Your talk about horse manure reminded me of the picture. Grandpa never used a tractor, it was always a pair of draft horses. We now live in the Amish area of Indiana so seeing the fields being plowed with real horsepower is the norm. There is such a peaceful feeling when we go by the Amish farms. Towheaded little girls in bonnets and straw hatted boys are out helping everyone in the fields get the corn in around here.

A "modern" farm has no great appeal to me. I hope your acreage can be farmed the way you want it to be. Your desire to rescue the horses is a very noble undertaking. You're right...they are magnificant creatures and deserving of respect.

Nancy

Go to Top of Page

misstilliewillie
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

glory
Tennessee
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  4:43:52 PM  Show Profile
Nancy...you sound like such a kindred spirit!
My favorite Aunt lives in Indiana, and is fast friends with some of the Amish there. I admire their lifestyle, their quiet dignity, their honesty...

livin' the sweet life!
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  10:46:43 AM  Show Profile
We buy a lot of our produce and plants from the Amish. I used to buy all my eggs at a local farm but with the price of gas and the distance to the farm, I've stopped going. I am a lifetime member of our local co-op and am buying into a CSA farm starting next spring. I have no place to plant a garden on our property that gets enough sunlight. In our addition, we can't have a garden in full view of the street. No one has said anything about the 2 apple trees we planted beside the house on the street side. At least we haven't been cited yet. We also can't have a clothes line, one of my biggest pet peeves about this place.

Some day I'll be able to be a real farm girl, not just one at heart. I bake our bread, can, make a mean pie and lots of cookies, do all the needle arts, open my windows and loudly play my piano and organ...no one has complained yet. I don't wear fancy clothes and am more comfortable in jeans than a dress. I collect aprons and wear them all the time but I've never worn one to the store. My favorite one is a full-bib apron that's probably from the 30's or 40's. I just love it! I iron it with care and wear it with pride.

I need to get to the store while my sick husband is taking a nap. Then I need to fix some creamed chicken and hot biscuits. YUMMM.

Nancy

Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  11:07:51 AM  Show Profile
Oh, this is totally my dream farm! I have always wanted to have an organic farm/CSA set up. Have horses, cows that produce organic milk, free-range chickens, etc. What a beautiful, beautiful place. I wish I live close to Mississppi (Iowa's not that far away...is it?!) Good luck!
-Elizabeth

Edited by - babysmama on Sep 29 2008 11:09:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  9:02:45 PM  Show Profile
Wow. Hello there Miss Glory...I sent you an email a little while ago. I was actually recommended to the post specifically, by another farmgirl...indeed, you have quite a bit of heaven in this property...

I can agree with your requirements for the perfect steward for your farm....and I had to laugh when your last post asked about dreamers...hmmm, animal loving-environmentally oriented-community oriented-artistic-farmer girl? Never heard of one! Nope! :D

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  07:48:12 AM  Show Profile
Miss TillieWillie....what a gorgeous place...now you have 2! Did you and your DH build this yourselves? Where in Mississippi?
It is truly a very special place and I love all the details and woodwork and the colors! I would love to but I am heading North if I get this house sold. I would love to farm but I can't take the heat down here....I need my cool nights and winters back...I KNOW...I must be nuts....everyone up north is looking to go South and here I am in the South looking to go NOrth...but maybe that's a good thing....and the house WILL sell! LOL!
Good luck and if it was up North I would take you up on it in a heartbeat!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  09:08:58 AM  Show Profile
I'm a Girl Scout!
Go to Top of Page

misstilliewillie
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

glory
Tennessee
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  11:54:55 AM  Show Profile
We did build it...I drew what I saw in my mind's eye of a little dream barn on a piece of notebook paper...and he made sure it happened just the way I drew it! A true partnership.
He certainly tried over the past 22 years to make all my dreams come true...no matter how small, how big, or how silly it might seem to outsiders!

If you get chilly way up there, and you start missing the long, hot, humid days and sweet, fragrant, sultry summer nights of southern living, let me know!

livin' the sweet life!
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  12:01:12 PM  Show Profile
Wow....I wish just one of the 2 husbands I had would have treated me that way...I might still be married! LOL!
I will certainly miss the people....I think I was Southern in my last life but my grandchildren are up there and I don't want to miss out on their growing up either but I will keep that in mind and if I could afford it I would keep the house here and then just buy one up North for the summers but alas....I am not wealthy in that way. It is a beauty and you can tell that love went into it both in design and craftmanship.....it's almost spiritual. thanks for sharing!
Love y'all.......Sam

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  12:12:18 PM  Show Profile
Wow! I didn't believe places like this existed in real life! That is one fabulous farm. MissTillieWillie, can I borrow your husband for a while? I've got some ideas I want to run past him -- like teaching MY dh to try to bring my dreams alive like that! (Not that he isn't a good husband ~ he does try, but he and I don't have the same 'vision' sometimes!) Wow. I wish I could move to your farm! Good luck finding the right people!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  07:05:31 AM  Show Profile
beautiful! just like a vision from a fairy tale! it looks so peaceful.....there is an upstairs, too? (it would be so fun to decorate!) but i don't blame you for wanting someone who would appreciate it to live there......it breaks my heart when i see a beautiful home have occupants who are tacky, classless and uncaring and inconsiderate.
Go to Top of Page

misstilliewillie
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

glory
Tennessee
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  2:14:16 PM  Show Profile
Let me explain...I guess it seems a bit odd...
We were building this place in Mississippi together, and I was going to sell my farm in Tennessee, and move down there because it was his home state and he loved it so!, and we built the barn first so that I could have all my critters there (my belgian draft horse, chickens, geese, pot bellied piglet, dogs, cats, etc.), and we built a little tiny darling apartment in the barn so that we could live there while we built our house...and
we would be right there on the property to talk to the builder, make decisions, etc...
But...
that dream is no longer possible, so I've decided to perhaps sell it to the right person...not some yayhoo that will beat the land into submission with chemicals and pesticides...but somebody that shares our philosophy about loving and respecting the land!
The barn has never been lived in, the farm has not been worked...

And the person that asked...I'll post a couple more photos! Maybe this evening...

livin' the sweet life!

Edited by - misstilliewillie on Jul 29 2009 10:16:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  8:04:56 PM  Show Profile
Can't wait to see more...it is so lovely :)

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic 100 Acre Farm with Barn, Lake, Creek For Sale Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page