julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  3:24:37 PM  Show Profile
Alrighty Farmgirls..I know I've been gone for a little while. I've been checking in periodically reading posts but not doing a good job keeping you well informed. Suffice it to say that Aria is doing really well! I'll post some pictures over in family matters with a proper update one of these days. We've had a glorious healthy summer. It has been so wonderful. Right now I'm in the process of hooking up with Make a Wish.

Ok, so here's the deal. Aria LOVES LOVES LOVES horses and ponies. I mean crazy loves them. Every time she has an opportunity to make a wish, which is somewhat regularly because I've been known to bake a birthday cake simply because it is someone's birthday somewhere and we make wishes blowing out candles and the whole works....That, and when we dead-head flowers, we toss petals into the air and make wishes... Aria always wishes to ride a horse or have a pony of her own etc.

I have NO idea if this is going to be feasible BUT I was thinking she would and we would as a family love to go to some kind of fun dude ranch where there is plenty of horseback riding, fishing and what not.

Naturally, it would be over-the-top cool if one of YOU farmgirls actually ran one of these operations or knew of someone. We would be able to go anywhere in the world..I'm serious.. so let me know what you think!!

I have to tell you, this thought has lit a nice fire in me. It's been a long 8 months and we still have 18 more to go with chemo every single day! This is the first time I am really really really looking forward to something. It is quite exciting. Look forward to hearing from you!! ~julia hayes

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  8:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Julia-

This one is just a little drive from my home town. It's beautiful up there! http://www.thehideout.com/

And the bonus? If you came up this way I could get to say Hi!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  8:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
So happy to hear from you and that Aria is doing well! Yea! Don't have a dude ranch close by but do keep up with the positive!

FarmGirl Sister #123

Crafty Bay FarmGirls Chapter

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way, you're right." Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  05:43:19 AM  Show Profile
I don't have any suggestions for a dude ranch, but I wonder if in the meantime while you are looking into the full vacation trip, maybe you could find a stable that gives riding lessons or trail rides in your own area. Let her get started riding right away!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Looking for a Dude Ranch! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page