prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  08:03:25 AM  Show Profile
Yay! it's the first day of fall! now i can officially start enjoying fall and hopefully breaking out my cooler weather clothes.

what is today bringing for you? there's a slight chill in the air, though i think it's supposed to be in the 70's today. it was a rainy day yesterday, so the ground is moist (of course, i watered the trees the day before yesterday... i know that must be the reason it rained!) i hope it starts cooling down and feeling like fall soon. i get very ansy when it doesn't cool down and i want to start drinking apple cider and hot coco!

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."
-Guillaume Apollinaire

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  08:06:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I LOVE Autumn. I even named my oldest daughter Autumn, lol. It was a pretty unusual name back in '73, but I hear it all the time now.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  10:07:16 PM  Show Profile
I too love Autumn. On a silly note, we named our first horse Autumn and said if she was wild and bucked we would change her name to Fall.
barnagainkristin

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  07:34:20 AM  Show Profile
It finally looks like fall here in IL. The trees are really starting to turn here. They look so beautiful, calendar perfect.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  07:52:11 AM  Show Profile
The acorns are everywhere now! Have picked up many and put them in a bowl. Also the leaves are falling massive around here. The streets are full and getting slippery with the rain we´ve had last week.

Love the colors and smell of falling leaves.
We don´t have the turning off the leaves as many of you get, unfortunately. Would love to see some pictures??
Ours DO turn color, but mostly yellow and some red.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
my new BLOG.
I have added "new" creations, take a look :)
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  5:43:49 PM  Show Profile
yes, that sounds fun if we posted some fall pics of our area... i don't get the brilliant color either, but it's still beautiful! i love the golden color of the hay bails, wheat, and corn stalks!

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."
-Guillaume Apollinaire
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Happy Autumnal Equinox! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page