Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Just needin' a little miracle here, Lord...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Just needin' a little miracle here, Lord... Next Topic  

Kris Sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Kris
Chickamauga Ga.
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  5:52:55 PM  Show Profile
My daughter is having some marital problems. They've only been married 3 months and he's showing his true colors now. It's a long story so I'll just ask for prayer for her. She needs a little miracle by Monday afternoon. I know God is able!!

Also, checked e-mails this morning and there's one for a friend at church. Apparently she's been keeping this very quiet, but she just found out she has breast cancer pretty fierce. Doctors are rec. a masectomy already. Also chemo. She is one of the most unselfish, beautiful people I've ever known and I know she'll come through this with a big ole smile like she always does. She really needs prayer.

Then there's my mom. She's 76 and still works full time as a drug and alcohol counselor. She went to the doctor last week and has had tingling under her arm that is now itching. She had a sonogram but doc wants her to have the mamogram, too. Also, a spot on her nose has to come off.

And then my poor little sister, Heidi. She has dysplasia, a tpye of cancer, that is most always in stage 3. It's on her bottom area. She's had so many surgeries down there I don't think there's much left. I talked to her a few days ago and she feels like it's back. So she needs to have laser surgery and it's very painful for awhile. She also desperately needs a job.

Thank you all so much for listening. There seems to be so many women with breast cancer anymore. Ya'll are certainly in my prayers, too. Thank you and please keep us posted on the progress of all those having tests and procedures.

Kris

clux64
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Celeste
Blair NE
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  5:56:24 PM  Show Profile
I'll pray for a little peace for all these people in your life. You seem to have a heavy load right now.

Celeste

"No matter where you go, there you are"
--Confucious

www.urbanprairiehome.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  6:16:24 PM  Show Profile
I am truly sorry to here of the very rough time in your friends and families lives. I will certainly pray for some grace throughout this terrible time. Stay strong....God is still in control.
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  6:27:14 PM  Show Profile
Gracious Lord! You are holy and loving and I thank you for your continued blessings. Place your loving arms around these prayer requests, we don't know all the details of them but you do and I know that you are invoved in what is happening in these situations. Please be with Kris's daughter and son-in-law right now. Help them to come together as you want them to be, to consider each other in their marriage and love each other as you love each of them. Bless them with a heart for one another! Please place your healing hands on the dear woman with breast cancer. Let her know that you are with her, especially during this stressful and overwhelming time. Bless her with confidence in making medical decisions and peace with the choices she has to make. Place your healing hands on Kris's mom and sister dealing with health issues at this time. Be with the medical professionals working with them, give them wisdom. Comfort your children, faithful and loving God! Remind them, and us, that you are always with us, touching and guiding our lives.
As you wish!

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  6:50:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I will keep all your friends and family in my thoughts! I hope they all recover completely and quickly!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kris Sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Kris
Chickamauga Ga.
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  7:18:57 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much for your prayers. It means so much to know that ya'll just pray right away!

Elizabeth, you must be a prayer warrier. You get right to it. You remind me of a few friends that when I call about a request they start praying right there on the phone! No time to waste. I love it.

Mistyand Celeste, they will all need peace and grace to get through these times ahead. Thank you both.

And sweet Alee, you seem like a wise person. I liked you right away.

Thank you all. I can rest assured that my mom, my sister, my daughter and Libby will all be lifted up in prayer by some wonderful friends.

Edited by - Kris Sherrill on Sep 21 2008 7:20:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  10:21:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kris, I'd like to add my prayers for the speedy healing of your friend, your momma and sister. Prayers also for your daughter and SIL that God gives them understanding and wisdom to know that His love will guide them through as they grow together as a couple. This I ask in His name. Amen. {\0/}

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  11:11:17 PM  Show Profile
I will sure be praying for them all.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  06:53:47 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Cheryl and Jenny, for ya'lls prayers, too. I know they'll be covered now!!
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  09:21:43 AM  Show Profile
Kris, I will be praying for you and your family and friends!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  09:24:31 AM  Show Profile
Kris,

Sending you all prayers, wishful thoughts and everything that is good to help you all get through this. Please let us know how things are going.
Take care and know that we care!

Farmgirl #170

Today well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  11:28:06 AM  Show Profile
Kris, prayers for all you petitions. May the Lord bless you and yours and keep you in His loving care. Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  11:32:00 AM  Show Profile
I will keep them all in my thoughts and send healing energy and good wishes their way
Thank you for bringing them all to our attention. There is power in prayer and good will, and I wish it upon everyone who needs it.

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kris Sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Kris
Chickamauga Ga.
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  11:59:06 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, so much for the new prayers, ya'll. I don't know anything yet, but will upbate soon.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  2:39:36 PM  Show Profile
Kris, you and your loved ones will be in my prayers.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  3:43:44 PM  Show Profile
Hello ya'll, thanks again for all the great prayers.

My mom goes for her mamo this Fri. at 1:30

Libby goes to talk to her oncologist friday to discuss options. She has lobular cancer in her left breast.

My sister, heidi, will hopefully hear about her job by Fri. and she was calling for an appt. for her surgery.

My daughter had an appt. to talk to someone about an apt. She was accepted but put on a waiting list!

She took her husband to Rome, Ga. last night to be put in a rehab facility. Please pray he will complete the program and continue with AA or something. Heather will have to move back here for awhile til an apt. comes open.

So please prayfor me, too, now!!!

Thanks so much! Kris
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  3:47:49 PM  Show Profile
Kris, you've got your hands full, I'll add my voice in prayer and send strength and good wishes to all

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  12:28:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Sending out extra prayers and warm thoughts your way Kris and hope that even though this is a tough time for you and your family that some blessings can be found. I pray that you and your daughter will enjoy some "girl" time together while she's with you. I pray that her hubby is able to get help and keep his marriage together. My prayers also for Libby that she has a first rate dr. to help guide her through decisions and treatments and that she has a full recovery. Prayers that your mom's mammogram will be clear and that the spot on her nose is something easily cared for and the itching stops. Special prayers for your sister to find that dream job and that her dysplasia has not returned but that if it has it is treatable and that her dr. will be smart enough to give her a topical anaesthetic to ease her discomfort if she's not allergic to such medication. Last but not least special prayers for you also that you are able to find some time for yourself to destress and take care of you!
Huggzz

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

berryhill
True Blue Farmgirl

132 Posts

Linda
Troy TN
USA
132 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  9:06:52 PM  Show Profile
May the good Lord bless each of you at these painful and frightening times in your lives. Stay strong through His strength.
Linda
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  11:59:55 PM  Show Profile
Kris, I will add you and all of your dear people in my prayers. Please consider getting a little rest of mind yourself, this big task of helping and listening to all of them might be draining at time, so find a way to take care of yourself and replenish your own energy. Big hug.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Kris Sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Kris
Chickamauga Ga.
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  10:14:31 AM  Show Profile
Just an update...

My mom is great!! No breast cancer!!

Libby goes Oct. 9 for her masectomy. They'll know then if the cancer has invaded the lymph nodes. If it has, she will have to do chemo and radiation.

My sis is still waiting to hear about a job

My daughter's hubby is getting out of the traetment place he's been in for only 7 days. So please pray that he will continue to get the help he needs. Heather found a place here in Chatt. called First Things First that is a Christian based counseling center that has free services!!! Lots of different programs available like substance abuse, marriage counseling and so on. this would be a great thing for them if he'll go. She will be going anyway.

And I am going Tues. for a Mamogram.

When Mom said to thank everyone who prayed for her, I told her there were people from all over this country! Ya'll are great! Thanks.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  2:50:59 PM  Show Profile
I dont have any requests but, am sure i can pray for you all....

Farmgirls are Farmgirls no matter where or how we live.....we can't help it! ;)
froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Just needin' a little miracle here, Lord... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page