Page: of 2

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  3:07:36 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
welcome Patricia!

Congrats Ginny! So happy for you!!

One day at a time by the grace of God.
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

EllynAnne
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

EllynAnne
Pueblo CO
108 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  3:44:25 PM  Show Profile
Hey! I am very excited for you for more than just your deserved recognition as a textile artist.

I met Susan St. James in 2006 at a book festival, as she was strolling through the booths with her sister and a friend. She is lovely in person - looks exactly as she did on that television show - but the grief of her child's death, even two years later, was no less. She was the very definition of Fragile. I'm from Colorado, and the news coverage of the crash was extensive - seeing her up close and so sad just broke my heart, and when she walked by me, I said her name and she stopped and looked right at me. Her eyes were without a speck of joy. My heart broke for her, and before I knew it, I said: If ever I saw a person who couldn't get too many hugs, it is you. And then, without thinking at all (a curse I keep trying to correct), I said: I am so sorry your child died. She didn't even hesitate. She came into my arms and let me give comfort as I could. Her coterie stood there with their mouths open, as did about everyone else.
I was wearing a very cheery apron, and when she and I parted, I took it off, put it over her head and tied a big bow 'round her tiny self. She smiled, and someone took a picture of the two of us - then she was gone. Poof.

The reason I wrote this is because the fact that Susan St. James is buying your purses by the dozen for her friends as gifts - perhaps,just perhaps, she is beginning to heal and your beautiful pieces make her smile. The idea of her smiling has me just so doggone happy! And your purses - bee-u-tee-ful. Wishing you continued success,
xxEllynAnne
Tie One On...an apron, of course!www.apronmemories.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  3:58:12 PM  Show Profile
Gosh, I wish I could say I remember her show's but I am just to young!!! wink wink! LOL!(I wish!)
Just kidding, I do remember her and EA thank you for sharing your by chance meeting with her and hugz to you for sharing your heart & humor with her when she needed it. I know you have had your share of heart felt sadness, I hope someone was there to give you a hug...
I agree w/you about what you said in your last paragraph, it sounds like time is healing her broken heart & broken spirit.

And Ginny,,,, "You Go Girl!!!".
>^..^<

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

fiddlers wife
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

ginny
pacific mo
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  4:28:30 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by EllynAnne

Hey! I am very excited for you for more than just your deserved recognition as a textile artist.

I met Susan St. James in 2006 at a book festival, as she was strolling through the booths with her sister and a friend. She is lovely in person - looks exactly as she did on that television show - but the grief of her child's death, even two years later, was no less. She was the very definition of Fragile. I'm from Colorado, and the news coverage of the crash was extensive - seeing her up close and so sad just broke my heart, and when she walked by me, I said her name and she stopped and looked right at me. Her eyes were without a speck of joy. My heart broke for her, and before I knew it, I said: If ever I saw a person who couldn't get too many hugs, it is you. And then, without thinking at all (a curse I keep trying to correct), I said: I am so sorry your child died. She didn't even hesitate. She came into my arms and let me give comfort as I could. Her coterie stood there with their mouths open, as did about everyone else.
I was wearing a very cheery apron, and when she and I parted, I took it off, put it over her head and tied a big bow 'round her tiny self. She smiled, and someone took a picture of the two of us - then she was gone. Poof.

The reason I wrote this is because the fact that Susan St. James is buying your purses by the dozen for her friends as gifts - perhaps,just perhaps, she is beginning to heal and your beautiful pieces make her smile. The idea of her smiling has me just so doggone happy! And your purses - bee-u-tee-ful. Wishing you continued success,
xxEllynAnne
Tie One On...an apron, of course!www.apronmemories.com

THANK YOU so much for sharing this with us (typing through tears, actually). I remember when that terrible accident happened, and then I saw Susan with her husband and son on Oprah - I was blown away by her grace and courage as she told the story. It has stuck with me all this time. I am a firm believer that God puts people (and in my case, animals) in our lives sometimes "just because." Clearly that is the reason your paths crossed! What a neat story.

www.handcraftedatwitsend.weebly.com
www.ginnymae.etsy.com
Restyled vintage elements featuring feed sack purses and totes
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  5:56:04 PM  Show Profile
That is so awesome!! How thrilled you must be. I am very proud for you!

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"

http://drycreekfarms.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Marketplace: Previous Topic Oh my GOSH!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page