Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Checked out a fun book from the library
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Checked out a fun book from the library Next Topic  

Krisathome
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Kristin
Iowa
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2005 :  2:01:50 PM  Show Profile
I was looking at some of the new books our library has and came across this one: Farmkid-Tales of Growing Up in Rural America by Justin Isherwood. So far I really like it, and it's very true! I like the chapter when he compares hay legs and sea legs and talks about the badger holes. Too funny! I remember the time I was driving the tractor and I didn't see the badger hole and my dad fell off the hay wagon on his keister. Scared me!!

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  09:49:37 AM  Show Profile
sounds like a fun one .. i'll have to get a copy and read it to our grandson (who lives in the city) .. but visits his 'ga' and 'ga-da' down on the farm!
Go to Top of Page

Krisathome
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Kristin
Iowa
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2005 :  12:19:21 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, that may depend on how old your gs is. Some parts are alittle off color, kwim? You could probably just skip them for that matter.
Go to Top of Page

Krisathome
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Kristin
Iowa
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  07:34:11 AM  Show Profile
Ok, I think I take back my orginal assesment of this book. It was written by a man and he sure did some horrible things as a kid. YUCK!
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Checked out a fun book from the library Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page