Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 MJ book suggestion: farmgirls and their farms
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic MJ book suggestion: farmgirls and their farms Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2005 :  03:49:31 AM  Show Profile
i read on one of the threads .. and i surely can't find it now .. seems to be buried in one of the topics .. about suggestions for a new MJ book. i think it was about 'christmas'

.. and a holiday book would be great with a 'farmgirl' theme .. and i'd surely add it to my 'library' ...

now .. with all that 'sed' .. there are lots and lots and lots of wonderful 'holiday idea' books on the market .. now and in the past few years. my favorite ones are those with a 'natural' and 'country simple' theme.

what i have not seen and would love to see would be a Maryjane 'farmgirls and their farms' book .. featuring 'real farmgirls' across the country .. and incorporate ideas, arts, crafts, recipes, techniques, decorating, etc. etc. (lordy .. i could go on forever with this list as we all could!) and especially 'stories' about farmgirls and their lives and how they came to be farmgirls. after all, aren't maryjane's own stories one of the delights of her wonderful book that brought so many of us together! and we get little snippets of the lives and personalities of each other on the 'farmgirl connection' chat forums. how delightful it would be to have a book featuring farms (and the girls who own them) all across the nation .. those with 'farmhouses, log homes, victorian houses in the middle of their farms, even 'cowgirl trailers'!!! it would be great to read all about (and see photos of) the farm animals,life styles, gardens, creativity, small businesses run by farmgirls, our 'collections', the communities we live in, regional differences (new england, southern, western, southwestern, northwestern farms .. well .. all over the country!!

in years past, i have collected and adore all the mary emmerling books .. especially the early ones where she featured country homes and lifestyles ..

maryjane .. any chance of such a wonderful 'farmgirls and their farms' book in the future? xo, frannie

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2005 :  12:42:30 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

What a great idea. I think that it would be just downright inspirational!!!!

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2005 :  1:19:04 PM  Show Profile
I have to agree also! Being a huge fan of Mary Janes who will read anything she writes, I have to say I've thought about the same idea more than once, since I can't get enough of her books and mags. I just want to read more about a farm girls life, and learn new things that I can add to my life here on my little farm. I've learned SO much from this site alone, it makes me feel like I can do anything once I put my farm girl spirit to work!

" Age is mind over matter, if you don't mind, it dont' matter"

www.countrypleasures.motime.com

Edited by - junebug on Nov 11 2005 1:20:29 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic MJ book suggestion: farmgirls and their farms Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page