Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Newbie from Wisconsin Next Topic  

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  5:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hello everyone and big hugs from Wisconsin! I've been lurking behind the scenes for days now waiting for my name to be okayed for registry and feel like I know many of you already. What a wonderful bunch of women there are here! I'm looking forward to making many new friends and I absolutely love MaryJane's magazine and site. A special thank you to Sunny for unsticking my name..LOL Thank you so much Sunny!! I was beginning to fret I'd never get to say hello...smile. Nice to finally get to say hello :)
Cheryl...aka Tapestry

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  5:23:37 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to you.

My bestest friend is from LaCrosse and I live out in Pasco, WA. We talk lots on the phone and I've been twice to WI. It is a gorgeous state.

I hope you will come back often and tell us about your "farm."

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  5:30:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Thank you very much Betty for the warm welcome! I'm a former country girl turned city long ago but still have my farm girl roots. My hubby and I bought a small Victorian cottage a couple yrs ago and are slowly remodeling and restoring our home. We have a small yard so our garden is very tiny and consists mainly of tomatoes and flowers with a couple of containers of sage and catnip for our 3 hairy daughters :) I'm a former LPN for 32 yrs and have finally retired due to some health problems. I am so happy to have this site to help me learn new things that will allow me to feel productive and make my heart smile. A crafter by nature I love all things creative and find that making things makes me feel happy. I'm so glad I'll have so many sisters to share happiness with!
Hugs,
Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  8:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
Hello Tapestry, restoring a Victorian sounds like my cup of tea, you probably think you will never get done some days, but oh so worth it in the end...welcome to this special place, we'll look forward to hearing about your life...Sunny sure does take care of us, thank you Sunny... come often...Debbie

Farmgirl Sister #324

duty makes us do things, but love, makes us do things beautifully...
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  8:37:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Cheryl!! I love Victorian era houses! I bet it has some amazing architectural` details...and no closet space!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  9:25:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hi Alee and Debbie and you're both right. It is a never ending chore and yes, no closet space..LOL As far as architectural details we are restoring them. Perhaps even adding a bit more than what would have been here. What we know so far about our little cottage is that it and the house next to ours were servants cottages for wealthier homeowners behind our homes. At least the original mouldings are intact and in great condition. We're having a great time with it though and live in a wonderful friendly neighborhood. Everyone here has been very supportive and frequently compliment us on what we've done so far. When we get a bit further along and I figure out how to post pics I'll put one in so you can see. It's so nice to meet you both and look forward to making lots of friends here. I love this site!!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  9:37:49 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Cheryl!!
Right away your screen name made me thing of Carole King's album by that name...good tunes!!!
I am so glad you found us..it will be fun to get to know you.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

berryhill
True Blue Farmgirl

132 Posts

Linda
Troy TN
USA
132 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  10:10:08 PM  Show Profile
Hello Cheryl, and welcome! Looking forward to hearing more about your home.
Linda
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  11:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hi Aunt Jenny and Linda :) Thank you both for your warm welcome! This is such a wonderful site. I've been lurking for days while waiting for my registration to clear. Sunny was very helpful as she found out my registration was "stuck" as she put it and once she "found" me she got me going immediately. I almost feel like I know everyone already as I've been reading posts for over a wk....smile. I'm learning so many new things. Everyday has been a blessing to me to come read all that is going on with the sisters at Mary Jane's. Getting an invite to subscribe to her magazine in the mail was eye opening to me. I told my hubby I have to subscribe to this one...LOL
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4267 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4267 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  03:58:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Cheryl,
What part of the state are you in? Nice to see another Wis. gal signing in. Welcome
I am in the northwestern part. Enjoy

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Georgiann
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Georgiann
Seymour IN
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  04:05:14 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Cheryl!

www.oldsweetsong.blogspot.com
Whatever you do, do it with your whole heart
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  06:10:20 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Cheryl, it's great to see another Midwestern farmgirl join up. Keep us posted about your cottage remodel. It sounds wonderful. I love Victorian homes. My husband and I would love a cottage when he retires some day. If we can afford it, we want to be on a lake.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  07:15:45 AM  Show Profile
Welcome! I know that you'll love it here and I'm happy that you found us.

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

neighsayer
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Shirley
Arabi GA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  10:06:37 AM  Show Profile  Send neighsayer a Yahoo! Message
Welcome, Cheryl!

Thank God I live in the country!
Go to Top of Page

poverty girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Kristin
Fremont Ut
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  10:32:02 AM  Show Profile
From one newbie to another, Welcome!!

Kristin
Farmgirl sister #334
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  2:29:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hello Michelle :)
I'm from the Fox Cities in Northeastern Wisconsin just South of Green Bay. I'm happy to see another Wisconsinite here too. Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Hello to Georgiann....beautiful name you have and thank you for your warm welcome!

Hello to Dawn and thank you too for the warm welcome! Everyone here is so nice. Our home is about 2 blocks from a river so a nice walk. A lake would have been even better though.

Hello Annika.....another lovely name and yes, I'm thrilled to have found out about Mary Jane's. I love this place already!

A warm hello to Shirley....love your nickname, how clever! And thank you for your welcome also.

Oooh hello poverty girl, fellow newbie! Thank you for your welcome too and I'll have to find your post to do the same.

Thank you, thank you everyone!!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Newbie from Wisconsin Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page