Janneane Hazlip
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Janneane
Fort Scott Kansas
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  12:28:26 PM  Show Profile
A month or so ago our ten year old son (Trevor) and I were out in the garden early in the morning messing around when I heard a quail calling out his usual "Bob White, Bob White." I said, "listen Trevor the quail is saying Bob White, Bob White." After listening for a minute he said, "no, mom, he is saying Bud Lite, Bud Lite."
Janneane

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  12:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
My son is 28 now, Janneane. And I miss that fresh kid perspective. LOL! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  1:33:59 PM  Show Profile
What a hoot is right! Kids are just the best...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  2:15:38 PM  Show Profile
My daughter thought the cricket chirpping in my room was a frog and told me to watch out that when I snored it would jump into my mouth..
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  2:43:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kids are so funny!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  02:35:53 AM  Show Profile
My dad used to ask if I could hear the quail hollering their name!!! I had forgotten all about the "Bob Whites!" I do remember asking my dad what the girl name was, because the girls can't be name "Bob" too!!! Oh the memories, that was so long ago.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  3:43:47 PM  Show Profile
Kids are too funny!!
I enjoyed the story.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  09:42:38 AM  Show Profile
What's your story? When my daughter Audrey was little, we'd go to Walmart or wherever and she'd say " Mommy, can we go to the toy patch?" or " I want to see the food patch!". Typical farmgirl, every department in the store was a patch!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

Kris Sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Kris
Chickamauga Ga.
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  6:46:21 PM  Show Profile
I went to see my 5 year old granddaughter the other day an dshe reached up for me to pick her up. She said "let me smell you" and gave me the biggest hug. I love it.

And today I went down the road to my friend's to pick up a bag of grain (they own a feed store and bring feed to their house so I don't have to go all the way to town!). They were cooking steaks on the grill and their son asked her how she wanted hers cooked. She said medium and her daughter said large! That was so funny.
Go to Top of Page

Kris Sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Kris
Chickamauga Ga.
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  6:50:56 PM  Show Profile
I just remembered another one. I was getting my 6 year old GD ready for bed one night and we were talking about getting a good nights rest so we can get up in the morning and do it all over again. She looked at me so cute and asked "why do we have to do it all over again and again?" HUM...I had a hard time with that one.
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  9:41:00 PM  Show Profile
I have 2 that I remember: One time my son asked me what I was doing and I told him I was making thing to sell in town because we were broke! He then asked me if I was going to fix papa!!!It took me a minute to catch on and then I told him no I wasn't going to fix papa only the Lord could!
The other time was when my son was getting into his dad's stuff outside and it was time for dinner so I told him " get out and get in"! He stopped and looked at me funny and said "Mom that's impossible, how do I get out and in at the same time"!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

JoyIowa
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Joy

273 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  1:17:02 PM  Show Profile
These are very funny. Here's my contribution:

My nephews are farm kids with a mother who vowed NEVER to marry a farmer . . . You know how it goes. I'm the only one of my siblings who ever wanted to farm AND also the only one who has never gotten the opportunity. I was a continual source of havoc in my oldest nephew's Kindergarten class as I had taught him that a pig does not say "oink", and proceeded to teach him how to snort like a pig. All went well until I visited school one day, only to be recognized by his teacher as "Oinkel Joy". I laughed and laughed and laughed.

If it's not illegal, unsafe, or immoral, why not try anything once? Who knows? You may come back for a second helping!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  5:44:22 PM  Show Profile
Kids are so cite how they interpret things and the funny way they hear things we don't.

I've got a few more I've got to write or I'll forget.

This weekend the grandkids spent the night. I always have to "sleep" with them until they fall asleep. We were saying prayers and Chloe, the 9 year old was almost done. I was barely paying attention when I heard her say "I have a few questions, Lord. You can just put the answers in my head."
I was so amazed at the wisdom and humor in that. I have been thinking about that ever since.

I was in the milkroom milking the next morning and the 5 year old, Kansas was sweeping. She had only swept a few feet and stopped and said this is hard work, Mimi! And that was all she did!
Go to Top of Page

Janneane Hazlip
True Blue Farmgirl

67 Posts

Janneane
Fort Scott Kansas
USA
67 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2008 :  06:09:11 AM  Show Profile
What great stories, here is another. Right after our second son was born I was spending time with him on my lap when his older brother (3 years) must have been feeling a bit neglected and wanted to know if we could "just put him out in the mail box?"
Janneane
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2008 :  11:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
I love your stories...here's mine. Once when my ex husband was out shopping with our oldest son then maybe 3 or 4 they were in the check out line when a woman ahead of them dropped her car keys on the floor and bent to pick them up, cursing as she did so. My son, in all seriousness, turned to her and said, "you shouldn't talk like that. Don't you know I'm just a little boy?" The woman blushed and apologized to my son.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  07:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message