Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  2:57:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like you are VERY busy! Wow Lanna!! Congrats on the new baby! If you are still in Idaho in August we should stay in touch as I might be driving/flying up to see a friend. How close are you to Moscow and which direction are you moving? It would be fun to have another farmgirl sister in Montana! ;)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  3:54:07 PM  Show Profile
Currently north of CdA, hubby's been working in PDX since November. Long distance sucks. As does a softening real estate market here, and exorbitant prices down there. *sigh*

Lanna, mama to three little monkeys and growing a new little sprout - born at home in a creative place Feb 2010
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  4:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I hope you find someplace soon! *hugs* Normally my visits are Norther Idaho so it would be awesome if you guys were up in that area. There are some fabulous farmgirls around there too!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  5:04:07 PM  Show Profile
Wow Lanna - you have been busy, no wonder you haven't been around. Too funny about the baby on the toilet - best laid plans:) Long distance is no fun - we have done it a bit and never liked it, but I didn't have 4 little ones. What does your husband do?
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  7:42:36 PM  Show Profile
Mechanical engineer. It's a small, small, small ME world out there. He enjoys the work and is darned good at it though. :)

Lanna, mama to three little monkeys and growing a new little sprout - born at home in a creative place Feb 2010
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  08:17:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ladies!

I just had a thought. So here is my thought-

In the Bible, God gave us trees that bear fruit which contain seeds to produce more of their kind, and herbs of the Earth that produce seeds to produce more of their kind and he said it was Good. So does that mean the so call "Terminator" seeds that are manufactured so that Farmers can not save seed and plant the next year are against the work of God? Food for thought...

So even if you don't believe in the Bible, I think it is interesting that even ancient humans understood that "Seeds to bear more of it's kind" was critical and "Good". So whether the words are actually from a diety's mouth or just ancient wisdom- I think it is interesting that someone from that time would look at the Terminator seeds and say "That is NOT Good."

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

LisaMarieYogaCowgirl
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Lisa Marie
Hathaway Montana
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  11:14:26 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for posting this! How incredible to think about food as something that is in danger of extinction. Off to save the world one seed at a time! Yeehaw!

Giddyup and Namaste Sisters!
Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2010 :  12:11:47 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, since learning about hybrids and the terminator seeds, I have a really, really tough time knowingly planting any hybrids in my yard. As in, I want to be able to at least have the option of saving my own seed. Which I've done for the last few years. :D Heck, even this year where I barely got anything planted but have an awesome crop of weeds? I've gotten coriander seed (cilantro bolted last year), sage seed (my 2yo sage set seed), lettuce seed (well, that I planted, barely, and just ignored it, whoops), and something else. Plus I've managed to even glean some asparagus, raspberries, and now blackberries with a few strawberries thrown in for fun back in July. I love things that live year after year that are hard to kill. :D

My more-religious-than-me neighbor was telling me of the same kind of deal from the Bible two or so years ago (after I'd already jumped on the heirloom bandwagon). But she just can't convince her hubby to give up the Early Girl and Ace plants that they buy.

I'm busy, hanging in there. Alee, welp, our house still hasn't sold, so if you're rolling through the area, my kids could probably wear out your girl in regards to playing. Just give me a holler. Started "school" about a month ago. I hate to call it school because it's more fun for the kids and nothing like the school I did back in the day. Although granted, I kinda planned it that way to keep their little bodies moving/busy and keep them interested. The babe is 6mo and just about ready to start crawling, oof. Oh, and it's canning season... already gone through 130lbs of peaches and 50lbs of nectarines. Have another 140lbs of peaches on it's way here, and I have 200lbs of pears in the den ripening up. And it's not even apple time yet. Gotta feed this family somehow though. ;)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page