gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  09:49:21 AM  Show Profile
Ok so I have always grown my garden with plant starts and a few seeds. I have tried to do the seed thing but I always seem to kill them. I can't seem to find the right combination of heat and light. So I am trying a new growing area. I found an old electric blanket which I will lay down on a 4x8 sheet of wood with a good plastic cover on it and then put my plant cells on that and then the grow light over top. I hope to keep a constant tempture on the bottom of the plant cells will allow the seeds to germinate at a better rate.

Now my next problem is the plants never seem to get lush sturdy they always seem a bit stringy if you can understand. I then have transplant shock when I but them in the ground because they are not hardy. Any body have a good book to recomend for the growing of seedlings and the care and maintenance.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  11:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Haha, Lillian I will enjoy my "bleated" bd, lol, I knew what you meant! Oh, and you know what they say, "once a Marine, always a Marine". My uncle and my youngest brother is(was)Marines also.

Diana, right now I don't have any place that has enough light to start seeds so I ordered transplants, make that, Heirloom transplants, from SSE. DH is going to build me a greenhouse at our Idaho place, I can't wait.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  3:39:12 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies -
Annika, sorry to hear about your dad - I will have him and you in my thoughts. And we are all family here so whenever you can check back in we love to hear from you.
Karen, thinking about you in Mansfield:)
Thanks for the kind words Rene - glad you got to play in the yard a bit. Our ground is still frozen/mud, a precarious combo, I'm hoping for some nice warmish/windy days to dry things out.
Diana - the electric blanket sounds like a great idea - has anyone else tried that? I was trying to think of a way to get a lot of space warm that might be the ticket
Teresa Sue - have fun at hockey - do you guys have season tickets? 3 of my fellow department heads at work are huge hockey fans so I hear a lot about it.
Carrots love Tomatoes came in the mail today, it will give me some inspiration.
Has anyone ever read "Let's Get Growing"? It is a Rodale book written by Crow Miller who writes a garden column for Countryside - really good info. I lucked into a used copy at our local bookstore a few years ago and I can definitely recommend it as a good all around knowledge book.
Dawn - you ( I think it was you) mentioned a website about 70 pages back, something about almost organic - do you or anyone know what I'm talking about. I couldn't find the post when I went back and I never checked it out. Thanks - oh and Dawn, tried to call today for Chickens from work but had to hang up - you guys are busy!!! I will call on my day off when I have more time
Talk to you mavens soon - there are a couple of the new badges that would fit right in to the mavens MO - the bees one is great.
Has anyone else read "The Secret Life of Bees"? Good read!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  4:09:46 PM  Show Profile
Cheryl ~ If your hubby's mechanically inclined, go stalk craigslist. That's how hubby has gotten some steals.. Sure, the little rototiller needed new oil and the big one I think needed a little carb. rebuild, but for my mechanic/engineer/computer geek hubby it's nothing, and actually kind of fun (it's just my job to keep the kids occupied so they don't try to "help" with the rebuilds). Just spending I think maybe $150 on the big one (that has torn up many, many feet of packed clay-ey sod/grass) and $30-$50 on parts... cheaper than buying the ones hubby wanted brand new, and he still gets what he wants. And we both have our backs and my pelvis in place since we haven't had to dig up a few hundred square feet of the packed sod. It's hard, especially for this mama.

Diana ~ Have you been blowing a fan on the seedlings periodically (to simulate wind unless you have a very interesting house - supposed to keep them from getting so leggy) and then hardening them off? I.e. you put out the seedlings for an hour a day for a few days, then 2-3 hours for a few days, and work up to all day outside, then night when it's warm enough is usually when I attempt to start getting things in the ground. Working your way from partly shady outside to full sun is good - they don't particularly like being shocked or sunburnt.

Teresa Sue ~ Did you ever tell me what neck of ID you're eventually landing in? If you want your hubby to build a greenhouse now, I'm sure I could babysit it for ya if you're close enough...

Lanna, mama to three little monkeys
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  4:49:56 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Hi, mavens, I'm home. And beat. But it was a good day. Got to meet Jere and Emilee Gettle. It was a slow day (compared to a festival weekend) at Baker Creek but the store was hoppin'. Got more seeds so we will be busy this summer. DH already has plans to work up another good size garden spot on the other side of the driveway..........Back to Baker Creek. We plan to go back the first weekend in May when they have the big spring planting festival. I'm looking at the ad for it in the back of the BC catalog right now and it looks funny because I recognize the buildings but there was no grass today. Just slushy ice (very slippery) and mud (very sloppy). There will be speakers at the festival so that's pretty exciting. They also have a smaller festival the first Sunday of each month.

Amy Grace, we didn't do Laura Ingall's home this time but I was there about 20 years ago (wow! it doesn't seem that long) with my mom, dad and aunt. It was wonderful. Maybe we'll add that to our trip in May since Robbie hasn't seen it yet and I'd love to go back. Have you been there? The most surprising thing to me was how small everything was. The table, etc. in the kitchen was so low for working because she was so short! It's a beautiful place though, even back then, and I still have pictures.........somewhere.

TS, congrats to SIL on the promotion. Hope you're having the best time ever tonight at the hockey game. We used to have season tickets to the Blues (when they were worth watching) and it was fun, fun, fun!

Marcy, have you read "Seed to Seed" yet? If not, you will love it. Really drives home the importance of saving seeds - in an very inspiring way. This truly is serious stuff.

Rene', congrats on getting your square foot garden going and your beautiful (I'm sure they will be) Buff Orps.

Lillian, please explain how you "turn your hot bed on." (If someone read just that sentence I'm not sure they'd think we were talking gardening.)

Diana, in one of my books I read that we should brush the seedings with our fingers every day to strenthen their muscles, so to speak. It simulates the resistance they work against in the outdoors, makes their roots go deeper and keeps them from getting leggy. If you have several, say in a tray, you can use a light piece of cardboard and run it gently across them a few times - quicker than having to touch each one individually. Also blowing a fan across them will force them to stand up to the 'wind' - not to mention helping the condition of the air in your 'greenhouse.'

Back to Amy Grace, are you thinking of www.organictobe.org ? Teresa Sue posted about it and it's a good one.

Lanna, I just opened another window to see if anyone posted before I put this out. Just saw your post and what can I say, great minds think alike! Yours is greater though 'cuz you mentioned hardening them off. Good call, maven!

Everyone else, hope your safe and warm and dreaming great gardening dreams.

Okay, I'm off to bed. I feel like I put in a full day's work even though the biggest part of it was riding in a car. Thank goodness hubby is a road warrior. I was no help!

'Night, Ralph..............Mornin', Corinne...............

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & KMW (Keeper of Maven Words)
Farmgirl Sister #311

"To own a little bit of ground, to scratch it with a hoe, to plant seeds and watch the renewal of life - this is the commonest delight of the race, the most satisfactory thing a man can do." Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  6:05:04 PM  Show Profile
You girls kill me. I knew I'd have to read about 3 pages worth. NOt much going on here except I WAS happy to be home.... and quiet and dh is watching MTV or something....LOUDLY. Honestly, I just want some silence! Thank goodness he's milking tomorrow. I will putter in perfect peace!

I FINALLY sent out my seed orders. I actually have money now. That's the ONLY reason I'm working right now... to support my seed habit. "hi, my name is Dawn and I'm addicted to heirloom seed"

I am hoping to go out sometime and get some trays to plant in. I am waaaay behind ya'll!

Sure wish I had something funny or memorable to share, but I got nuttin. Have a great weekend ladies!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-Mother Hen

http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  6:08:18 PM  Show Profile
That was it!!! Thank you Karen:) - glad you had a good trip. I would love to go for their May festival some year. DH and I were just talking now and the next couple years all the traveling is going to be family oriented - Randy (DS) is a sophomore this year and we don't have much time left to hang out with him and do family vacations, plus we never have been able to afford it. Anyway, we need to make the most of the time we have so.....Baker Creek will have to wait for 3 or 4 years. I'm hoping a bunch of you will make it for the BBB so I get to meet y'all
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  6:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Lillian, I can send you the Klamath Falls paper that comes tomorrow. I will post it Monday. we don't get a monday paper anymore they only publish Tues-Sun.
Medford is 75 miles away & when I go there (soon) I will pick one up for you..
Dawn, I had a quiet day today too., sure was nice..
Lanna. Dh is not too good with mechanical stuff although he does try. Thanks for the suggestion. We do check Craigs list.

Going to go serve dinner.. Chicken Stew.. You all Have a good evening ladies..until tomorrow ..tata

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309

Almost daily posts at:
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise',
I wash my mouth out with chocolate.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  7:41:14 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Amy~ I just finished the secret lives of bees for the second time .. loved it... it came out on DVD this week but I havent seen it yet.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  05:32:48 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Happy birthday, Brenda! WOO HOO, sister! Hope things are going well with you and yours. We miss you here something fierce. Have a wonderful birthday and check in when you can.

God bless -
Farmgirl Sister #311

"To own a little bit of ground, to scratch it with a hoe, to plant seeds and watch the renewal of life - this is the commonest delight of the race, the most satisfactory thing a man can do." Charles Dudley Warner
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  07:34:26 AM  Show Profile
Quick posting this morning-off to do taxes.

Brenda- Happy Birthday! Hope you get back to us soon.

Cheryl- I am not in a hurry for the newspapers so just wait until you can pick one up in medford and send them together to save on postage. We are just wanting to see what is available in that area. Thanks you are great for doing this!

Karen- "How to turn on a hot bed" sounds like a very naughty book. When I get my computer running again I will post some pictures for you. In the mean time I will try and explain. The greenhouse is 14x20 and has water, but no heat. Inside there is a raised bed made from cinder blocks, in this bed I can grow anything you can grow in a raised bed that is outside. On the other side of the greenhouse is a how do I explain it.....a long, shallow "sand box". Under the sand is a system of pipes that carry hot water through them, there is also a network of pipes that go through the raised bed too. All of these are connected to a 2 gal hot water tank and a pump that constantly recirculates the water. This system works great whan we turn on the hotwater tank, but in the coldest part of the winter the element doesn't shut off because of the cold air temp...thus a large electric bill. So off goes the element (not the pump though) for Nov-Feb. In March this allows me to start my seeds because the "hot bed" temp will run about 80-100 degrees and the raised bed soil temp will rise to 55-70 depending on how cold the nights are. Phew I hope this makes sense. DH is so creative, and most everything is recycled or repurposed.

Ok I gotta go get my tax stuff together. Have a great day everyone. Oh yeah- I always run my hand across my seedlings to make them stronger as they grow. Nothing like the smell of tomatos on your hands!

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  07:43:17 AM  Show Profile
Hahaha...Dawn you kill me
"Hi my name is Annika and I am addicted to heirlooms seed" too funny girlfriend

Karen I am just in a hissy fit that I didn't get to go to Baker Creek, but I'm glad you got to go finally
Brenda, Happy Birthday sister! I hope it is full of good things and you can come back to us soon, we miss you.
Corinne, I hope all is well, missing hearing from you
Rene, thanks for the heads up, I'll have to go look for the DVD!
Love to you girls!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  08:15:19 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Annika, good to hear from you. How's your dad doing? Any test results yet?

Mavens, I'm still working on the newsletter. It should be ready within the hour. Got distracted writing about Baker Creek - it's in the newsletter.

God bless -
Farmgirl Sister #311

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  08:41:10 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Okee, dokee, the newsletter is posted.

When I was copying it from Word, Robbie was standing in the doorway. I said, "Good grief! How long is this newsletter? Maybe I need to shorten what I write." He said, "Yea, brevity is not your strong point." Truth hurts!

FYI: After posting, it really isn't as long as it seemed. However, I will keep Robbie's 'constructive criticism' in mind for the future.

God bless -
Farmgirl Sister #311

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  09:29:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Morning Mavens,

Happy Birthday Brenda, and many moooooorrrrreeee!We miss you!

Amy Grace, we don't have season tickets to hockey, but if we lived closer we would! Game got over at 9:30 and we didn't get home till 11pm, it's a drive. We do like hockey tho, got hooked on it in Arizona of all places. We used to go to the University of Arizona hockey matches, they had a great team, all the kids were recruited from Alaska Last nights game we lost, Vancouver is good, they've only lost four this season, but there were a few good fightsLOL
Yes, I have read the "SECRET LIVES OF BEES", about a year ago, it is one of my favorite books!

Hey Lillian maybe you could get Robbie and his guitar to help you turn on your greenhouse thingie,

Karen sounds like you had a great trip, good for you!

Hi howdy to everyone else

That's all from fog-ville

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316

"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  12:03:45 PM  Show Profile
LOL. TS you crack me up. I've been a busy girl today. Got the bathroom painted (touched up) and some trim work replaced that was eated by our dogs. Yes, my dogs eat trim work. Anyone who's ever had a Lab knows that their favorite food is a 2x4. I also got the sheets changed and dishes washed. I was going to go into town, but I don't have the motivation. However JerrBear just called and said it's gonna be a late night at the dairy farm with things melting all over the place and they need help milking. I asked for quiet and now I don't know what to do with it. Sure wish one of ya'll lived close so we could do errands together or just hang out. Was at the Junk Store (that's exactly what the name of it is) the other night and found these box like things with screens on the bottoms. Trying to figure out what they are exactly. They have handles. I'd post a pic on my blog, but my computer shuts down everytime I try to sign in. I think it's bugged. Anyhoo.... if anyone has any ideas, lemme know. I paid a buck apiece ofr three of 'em. Oh yeah, I cleaned out the chicken coop today so i have a monster pile of poo in the barn. Waiting for it to dry out and then I can spread it out on the garden. Seems silly to call a 1/4 of an acre a 'garden'. I dont know if I told you all this, but I brought home two new chickens this week. Black Leghorns. They are non-social birds that like to sit on the roost and watch the 'commoners' down below. I've named them Gayle and Oprah. They do provide some nice eggs and it's nice to have started pullets this early in the spring as I'm no where near ready for brooding new chicks. Once our nine flippin feet of snow melts and I can make it out to the shed, I'll set up the brooder.

Okay, I just decided to take a little drive. I'm stir crazy. Haha.... crazy as in a 'littled touched' perhaps!

Dawn #279

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  12:18:12 PM  Show Profile
Dawn ~ How big are the boxes? I'd be tempted to use them for harvesting or something, honestly. Unless the mesh is really tiny, then could be used as a dirt screen/sifter...

Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  12:27:02 PM  Show Profile
Hello Maven Sisters,

Brenda, Happy Birthday!
Dawn you are a funny girl. I love your posts.. Ever do comedy?
Today I am going to work on my "Garden journal".. Planning for the Planting Days.
It is sunny here in my window 78 degrees..but I am freezing.. Have just put on a sweater.. DH & walked 2 miles this morning and it was cold outside a North wind blowing in over the lake. Cut to the bone wind and I'm chilled to the bone.. Better brew a cuppa tea.. or find a shot of Brandy! more later...

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309

Almost daily posts at:

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  4:38:47 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Brenda - we miss you!!
Dawn, you are great - always with the humor!! Those do sound like things for screening/sifting dirt, nice find. I can't find anything at the thrift store these days, sigh....
Maybe I will ask to watch "Secret Life of Bees" for V-Day - we are staying home and making fondue - that was always my request for my birthday when I was a kid back in the 70's. Anyhow, we got a fondue pot for a wedding gift and have never used it, then I borrowed my folks' fondue pot that they got for a wedding gift in 1969 so we will have two kinds - I love fondue, did I mention that? Then we were going to get a movie, I think that sounds like a winner
I got my Baker Creek order today, all the seeds are now here - I organized my mudroom partway this week and found that I have pretty much all the containers I need for starting plants so I am actually ahead of the game, that never happens.
Teresa Sue - it is sunny over here in Rosalia, maybe you should come over the hill and visit:)
Okay, off to read the newsletter
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  5:26:09 PM  Show Profile
Gee AG: Do you like fondue?

Cheryl: My whole life is one big stand up comedy gig. On a serious note, my life should be one of those lifetime movies. Drama, tears, danger, death..... When my mom passed a year and some ago, at 37 I made a pact with myself to live and let go. I like to have fun. I like to laugh. I'm a dork. I love embarressing my kid and husband. I love watching and acting out cartooms-especially Looney Tunes. Did I mention I'm a dork. So, yeah, I do comedy every day. What can I say, it passes the time.

I got my purple cosmo carrots, winningstadt cabbage, chives, basil, and some buttercrunch lettuce planted today. Yay me. I'm keeping up with the jones-er the mavens.

Well, I'm off to design a poster for SPRFLG. Talk atcha later.

Dawn #279

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  5:29:18 PM  Show Profile
Lanna, I love the way that sounds..... laaannnnnaaaa. You have a great name. Okay. Anyhoo, um yeah those boxes have a screen (like a screen door) on the bottom. I was thinking some kind of sifter too. I think I will use them for black walnut hose detail. The goo will go out the bottom and the walnuts will be clean. Beats chasing them across the yard with the hose.... haha. Shoulda seen me last fall. Hilarious. Until I figured out that I would have to put on GLOVES and spray them while HOLDING them. LOL>

Dawn #279

Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  5:48:26 PM  Show Profile
question. my internet is aborting my efforts to get into my blog. Why would this be? It will NOT allow me to view it.

Dawn #279

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  9:28:17 PM  Show Profile
Good morning Mavens, Dawn, I just burst into laughs when I saw the names of you new hens... truly funny.
How are you all doing this sunday ? It seems ya'll got your seeds and are all ready to start. Good Maven jobs here.
I am planning one single box in my mom's garden, will put some salad and some pumpkins and a row of tomatoes.That is all that I can think of, not knowing how long we are staying in France and that is not too much maintenance if I am not around.
All my seeds catalogs have no where to go since we do NOT have an address anymore, I guess that is it for this year.
I am learning living by the day and as much as possible in the moment but I find it a little bit difficult, I am more of a planner.
Hey, we will see.
Karen, the newsletter is great, I look forward to it every week.
Amy Grace, please email me with the place where you are staying at in Paris, we might very well go to Paris to meet you early in march, I will send you my cell phone number, so we can talk at least. Let me know of your hotel phone number please.
Hello and happy sunday to all of you, Alee, sorry about your accident, hope you are doing well, Annika, sweetsister, hope your dad is doing better by the day, do not worry about us, we love you,
Lillian, sue (thinking of you sister, hope all went well yesterday), Lora,Brenda, Denise, Marcy, Ruth, Nancy, Dalyn, Lanna,Tina, Cheryl, Diana, Julie, Elinor, Rene...
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Lanna
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lanna
A little town in Idaho
330 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  9:59:00 PM  Show Profile
Amy Grace ~ Oooh, do you have a favorite fondue recipe? I was thinking of fondue with the kids at some point here - cheese and dipping stuff? They'd be all over it.

Dawn ~ Then I bet you'd get a kick out of my kids who adore Looney Tunes (that we had to buy on DVD since the good cartoons aren't on tv anymore). They literally run around, and "meep-meep" at each other. The other day my 2.5yo put some Wheat Thins on the floor, and bent over to "eat" the crackers like the road runner. *sigh* Never dull, that's for sure. And now that sound is me sighing with longing that you're actually planting anything outside. All I get to do is play with graph paper. Not sure if you're saying my name right though - it rhymes with banana. Learned that when we moved to Pullman when I was 7yo. Ooh, walnuts? How difficult are they? I'm debating cruising the town to find someone with a walnut tree that isn't going to bother harvesting or using the nuts if they're edible...

Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  10:12:15 PM  Show Profile
I'm here for a minute..its late.. Amy you won't be disappointed with the movie" The Secret life of Bees" My Dh & I just watched it and it was really good. But you see for yourself.
I worked on my garden journal today, and laundry.. very relaxed aday after 2 mile walk this morning. Dh is treating me to Breakfast out tomorrow morning..it's kind of our Luxury to try different restaraunts. We love food, and having been in the restaraunt business in my pastlife... I am a die hard Restaraunt Food Critic and Breakfast is as good a time as any right?
Good night Mavens...Sweet garden dreams..

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309

Almost daily posts at:

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly