graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2009 :  12:12:16 PM  Show Profile
Rene - that would be fun!! We could get Annika and Teresa Sue too maybe....
I am ready to hang out with women after all these days inside with the boys:)
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2009 :  1:37:40 PM  Show Profile
Tell me when I be there too.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2009 :  2:10:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
That would be fun, count me in. We could have lunch at the co-op.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2009 :  2:17:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Cheryl, I finished my "COLD CLIMATE GARDENING", I really enjoyed it and I think I will use it a lot. I also bought "ORGANIC COLD CLIMATE GARDENING", it was good too but I think I like the first one the best. How do you like yours? I remember in my master gardener class one of the profs stated that you can grow anything anywhere. The only limit was the ones you wanted to put on your time and money. Myself, I don't want to work that hard! lol. Or spend that much money! The book had just a common sense about it.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2009 :  6:12:08 PM  Show Profile
Teresa Sue, I am 3/4 finished with gathering info. I really have nothing to compare.. So far very interesting & very informative...and I think I have so much to do with my garden now.,,

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou

Edited by - K-Falls Farmgirl on Jan 18 2009 6:13:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2009 :  9:35:41 PM  Show Profile
Hello dear Mavens, sorry I haven't been much around lately, had to arrange a few things and do more preparations for the move and some paperwork and I need some quiet time so have been ridding and not sewing much, knitting a bit and just trying to be for the few days we still have here.
Yesterday I rescued a tiny baby cat no more than 6 weeks old, at the curve leaning toward the highway, she was so scared and hungry and thirsty... brought her home fed her and put her in a piece of wool batting, she fell asleep on my chest, so I phoned the lady who runs the shelter and asked if I could take her to the vet then to the shelter and she told me to just bring the little one to her place so she would board her for the night and take care of the vet and the shelter. What a relief, she has some Persian breed in her and is so friendly I am sure she will find a home soon as soon as she add a few grams to her body. that was truly a gift of God because I was not supposed to go that way yesterday and hadn't decided what to do when I felt the urge to take the car and get going. A few nice surprises happened yesterday and I am very grateful for each of them and the pleasure they brought in a day that was not meaningful until the rescue.
I miss you all and love you all, have a great week, will try my best to chat tonight.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  06:00:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good morning/evening Mavens,

Yes, I think that will be a useful book for us northern climate Mavens Cheryl.

Corinne, so good to hear your voice. Very cool about the kitty rescuse. Kudos to you Maven sister.

Diana you come up to Moscow to go big shopping? Not Lewiston/Clarkston? We go fishing sometimes down by Orofino. In fact, my youngest daughter, Cheyenne, caught her first fish down that way. Pretty country.

Rene' I hope you are feeling better soon. That is so cool that you have someone right there in your own chapter that is so informed in a subject you are so connected with!

Amy Grace, how's work going? Are you able to catch your breath yet? Don't give up on me coming to one of your Rosalia/Monday night get to gethers, I'm not much for winter driving, give me a couple of months, lol. Grandbabies are the best aren't they. I didn't get to see my other three this weekend because they were all sick. When I have to leave them it just about kills me. I am ready to chuck it all and move to Cheney so I can see them all the time.

Dawn how's the chickee business? How long to you have crazy hours? Is it through June? I'm still saving for that basket, LOL.

A big HI HOWDY to all other Mavens, hang in there all, Spring is just around the corner!

P.S. My email has been screwy and I've been losing a bunch of them, so if you have emailed me, and I haven't responded, that is why. Please try again.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  06:17:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Okay, I'm a bit confused, yeah, yeah, I know, what's new, *grin*
In the hen house we have 16 Mavens that have done Bios. Are there more of us, have the newbies not posted bios? Or are they HHMs. Oh, Dawny Dear, when you get time could you remove the "HHM" from Ruth's Bio. Or, maybe Ruth would like to re-author her own bio?

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Jan 19 2009 06:19:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  06:57:43 AM  Show Profile
Yep, I'll look into it now that RUTH IS LEGITIMATE! yay!

Now much going on here. DD went to a rap concert last night with a friend and I am waiting on them to get home. I'm hoping to go to a herb shop this afternoon before I have to take Aud home. Then its back to work tomorrow. Chickie business is taking off. We are taking pre orders for chicks and are already sold out of started pullets for MAY. MAY> I can't believe it. I hope thats not an omen as to how things are gonna go. It will be very busy all the way through September. Now, its chicks, and then it will be broiler, then game birds, then turkeys..... at least I know whats it gonna be like. Last year it was baptism by fire.
I got all my Valentines Day cards done and will try to get those out sometime in the next 3 weeks. I'm fairly proud of myself on them.
I'm hoping to get a doll cut out today but not holding my breath. Its been years since I've made a doll and been itching to do so. It'll be good practice for me to sew it together before the next onslaught of chicken saddles comes in.
Has anyone looked in the henhouse lately? I've been trying real hard to lay a big egg... hee hee...
Well, I guess this is enough for now. I have other things I should take care of. The sun is shining deviously. Its still cold. I'm counting down the days until I can break ground. I have 71 days until March 31.... My goal is to have potatoes in on time this year.
OH~ I didn't get my garlic in last fall, the ground froze too quick. Can I get it in early spring?

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-Mother Hen

http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  09:03:10 AM  Show Profile
I haven't been able to post my bio as the farmgirl sister page doesn't recgonize me as a Sister. I have emailed Gabe just waiting a response.
Teresa I go to Moscow for the fringe benifits which is my daughter and her family Samantha Jane is a real farm girl and she is almost 2 years old. Gramma had to get her a stick horse as she is galloping every where. And I really love to wander around the coop. And Michaels.And a few other stores in Moscow if I want big city shopping I do go in to Lewiston too.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  09:41:57 AM  Show Profile
Good day to you dear Mavens, hope you all had a great week-end.
Teresa Sue so you were babysitting, that is great. Amy Grace, Dawn, Diana, Rene, Cheryl, good to see your postings.
One farmgirl here is creating a list of all the farmgirls which will be accessible through a password on her website or blog, don't just remember. She won't dissloe them until she gets emails for us saying we want to be on her list.
Please check this out at http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28306&whichpage=1
If we are all interested in participating, I could send her all our infos at once. Marcy and Denise and myself have already emailed her.
It seems to me like a good idea, we all hear about one gal or another who needs a bit of uplifting.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  10:30:33 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Hi Mavens!! I hope everyone is feeling better and having a great day!!! The sun is shining here and it feels 30 degrees warmer (even though its not) but after last week anything above zero feels warm!!!

I can't wait for spring thaw and waiting to get into the dirt!!

There's not much going on here today..just cleaning up from the weekend. Oh and I redid my strawbery jam. It just didnt set up so I opened them up added a box of pectin and reboiled. I did a test batch in September and am finally getting through the main batch!!

Have a lovely day everyone. Seems like we are all hiding from the cold...it wont be long for gardening time!!!!

Marcy #257

When I stand before God at the end of my life I hope that I would not have a bit of talent left and could say “I used everything You gave me”.(erma bombeck)
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  11:11:38 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon, Mavens!!

We got more snow here last night. It looks beautiful but dh is in pain from all the shoveling and hauling wood.
I had to go out which I really didn't want to. I had a dentist appt.

Dawn~I am heading over to the henhouse now to read your egg.LOL~I have been wondering how your daughter was doing. Is that trouble with her ex-friend over? I hope things are better for her.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  11:12:02 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Mavens, A beautiful day here in K-Falls. Cold last night 18 but warming quickly. I am going to finish my Valentines today. I re designed my blog a bit, Want to Read a bit more of Organic Cold Climate Gardening, re-pot a plant that is definately root bound, Do a bit of quick vacuuming of the carpets while the windows are open letting in Good fresh air. Trying to figure out a light timer for the girl's studio. I goofed last night some how the timer wasn't set correctly ( I am not good at these mechanical things) Light came on at 8 am.. good grief! Dh is going to give me lesson today on setting it correctly! I think I did my Bio but will go check... I want to watch the Inaugural Speach and that about sums up my day. Have a great afternoon all..
Cheryl

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  11:22:08 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
SO this morning imagine my surprise when I opened my email to find an email from Author extraordinar Lynn Coulter... yep, that Lynn Coulter..."gardening with heirloom seeds"... She was on the forum and saw that we were reading her book... (Does it get any better than that?)... I am enclosing her email below. I extended an offer to her to come chat with us at the end of the month about her book.. We will see if that works out for her or not.

[i

I was absolutely blown away to discover that the Farmgirl Sisterhood is reading my book, Gardening with Heirloom Seeds, as their January selection. Thanks so much! It's a real honor to be chosen by them, especially since I also read MaryJane's books and magazine and I'm a fan.

I was wondering if anybody who is reading my book has any questions for me. If so, I'd be glad to try to answer them. Also, if anybody would like a signed bookplate to paste into their books (well, their own copies---we know that libraries would frown on this for borrowed books ;-) ), I'd be glad to send some.

I also have some lovely bookmarkers for my new book, Mustard Seeds: Thoughts on the Nature of God and Faith (B&H Books, Sept. 2008), which I'd be glad to send.

Thanks again,and please convey my thanks to the all the farmgirls reading my book.

Farmgirls rule!

Best wishes,

Lynn[/i]

If you want to take advantage of her offers please email me and I will email her the list, or she can mail me the bookplates and bookmarks and I will mail them out.. which ever she prefers. How exciting Mavens..........

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)

Edited by - ruralfarmgirl on Jan 19 2009 11:27:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  11:51:05 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
http://www.lynncoulter.com/aboutbook.htm

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  3:57:08 PM  Show Profile
Wow Rene - how cool is that!! I would love a signed bookplate. Boy, you just never know where you will find a connection do you?
Teresa Sue - work is calmer but I am working hard trying to train a new employee the "right" way, fortunately she is a quick study. Yes, grandbabies are fun - ours is not a sleeper, she successfully fought off any sort of a nap the whole 24 hours she was with us - she was caught unawares and slept about 20 minutes 4 times but then conquered the evil sleep - she is 8 months old, really needs more sleep because she is busy. By the time we left to take her home yesterday she was doing face-plants while she was crawling because she was so tired.
I'm feeling really motivated to go out and clear ground - unfortunately it is frozen and covered with snow - patience is a virtue right?
I just looked into the living room and the bassett hound is sitting on the arm of the sofa like a cat - what a weirdo
I have a question on the chat tonight - how does it work, does Tina have to e-mail me so I get access? never really chatted like that before so I'm in the dark
Talk to y'all soon
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  4:29:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh okay - and since I am sharing my ignorance about computers and the like, how the heck do you leave a comment on a blog? I'm baffled
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  4:37:56 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Good evening, mavens! Hope everyone is staying warm. You know it’s cold across the US when Tina’s area gets a hard freeze.

TS, what a haul you made this weekend – a dehydrator and a new spinning wheel (a for-real one) AND a gb fix. Woo hoo!

Cheryl, it sounds like you and the chickens are getting along great. You’re a natural, chickie!

Dawn, when I’m done posting here I’m going to the henhouse to check out your egg. I’m sure I’ll learn a lot – always do. And would you please put your cheesecake recipe in the henhouse? I love any dessert that does half the work for ya.

You west coast girls meeting at the co-op – I’m jealous.

Corinne, what a blessing for the kitten and you to find each other. God was watching (He always is).

And what a wonderful e-mail from Lynn Coulter! Such a generous and giving woman – and how about that offer to answer our questions. I’m speechless.

Hoping to chat with you all tonight but no promises. I’ve been out all day and then spent an hour and a half entering my SSE flower and herb seed order. Spent the same amount of time yesterday ordering our veggies. Dial-up internet service – gotta love it. If I recover by chat time, I’ll be there. Otherwise, know I’ll be thinking of you and love you all.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Maven's Haven Editor
Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  7:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good chat tonight, miss y'all that weren't there.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  7:06:27 PM  Show Profile
Gosh Darn it.. I forgot about it.. grrrrrrrrrrr My loss.. Sorry ladies..

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  7:16:39 PM  Show Profile
it was fun
thanks gals:)
sorry I was so yakky

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  7:54:00 PM  Show Profile
Sorry i am SOOOO late his morning, we had to discuss a few things at the breakfast table and we are both late with our start.
Rene, please, I would so much like to have a bookmark and a bookplate, that is really something that Lynn emailed you from the forum.
Have sweet dreams Mavens, will be on this afternoon.
thanks for the sweet comments about the baby cat, when I checked yesterday she was doing great and just socializing with the staff at the shelter and the vet said she was underfed but doing good beside that.
Karen, you are so right, god was watching to make sure she would have a real life.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  7:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Tina, I love it when you are Yakky... even if it is about gator tails LOL

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  8:15:25 PM  Show Profile
LOL..haha..o.k. Rene~
hey there Corrine..that is nice that the baby kitty found a place where it can be cared for and hopefully adopted.hope all has been going well with you.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page