Page: of 217

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  07:44:14 AM  Show Profile
Congratulation Ruth, it is wonderful to see that little hexagone beside your name and it is such a pleasure to have you in the sisterhood.
Lora, take it easy please and if you are tired it is okay to call in sick at work. Arnica works wonders and if you couple it with some aspirin it works even better.
Annika, do not forget to take care of yourself as well.
Love you all Mavens,
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  08:15:25 AM  Show Profile
Hello Mavens. I must apologize for being absent here lately, just haven't been chatty. It has been a long week or so, I hate running (errands-appointments) and have not been home a solid day for over a week now. Yesterday I was supposed to be home and DS has been sick and asked for a Dr asppt. Of coarse it was in the middle of he day and he didn't feel like driving- yup you guessed it- I was off and running again. The worst was Tuesday, the vet called me with the test results for our cat. She is 14-1/2 years old and has lived a wonderful life- She is the Queen! Any way she has been fighting a thyroid problem for a year now and we were warned that it usually leads to kidney problems. I had been watching her loseweight for the last 2 months and decided to heve her checked. I already kenw what they were going to say, but when you hear it out loud it is like a slap in the face. Teka is in the early stages of Kidney failure. Yes they can do "kitty dialisys" but, we as a family have decided not prolong the inevidable. She will be allowed to live out her life naturally. This has been a very tough decision. I love my animals so much, this just breaks my heart. Thanks for lettng me get it all out.

Lora- I hope you aren't too sore. There have been times that I have fallen and wondered how in the world did I land in this position? By the way the visual of you in the Neon vest and coveralls was quite comical.

Dawn- How is that dog feeling today? I have one that will put it all on the line for "power pellets" AKA- DEER POOP! Guess that is pretty common but, yuck!

Amy Grace- I get a John Scheeper catalog each year but have never ordered from them.

Cheryl- How was Dinner and Movie.

Well I had better run for now, gotta check on the chickens. I'll BBL Girls. Thanks for listening, have a great day.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  09:54:57 AM  Show Profile
Hello to all
Just a questions
On the far Left is our name and info and such my star color just changed. What do the stars mean?

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  09:59:25 AM  Show Profile
Diana, I believe that it has to do with the number of posts we've made

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  10:00:55 AM  Show Profile
Diana-They corrispond to how many posts have been made. Dh sent me a property link this morning for Orofino. It was much different than I remember from 16 years ago.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  11:05:21 AM  Show Profile
Really sometimes I feel that it doesn't change at all.I subscribe to the local weeky paper and I think I have seen the same thing in there 10 years ago as are in there now. But I do love this little town.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  11:40:19 AM  Show Profile
Ruth: how do you know its us? Maybe someone else did it.... :o) Geez, we get blamed for everything!! haha.....

Hope everyone is doing well. Phones have quieted some today. Boss is gone, so I'm playing. It sure is quiet round here!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-Mother Hen

http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  12:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey,SISTA,SISTA... Yea, Ruth....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  5:02:04 PM  Show Profile
Lilly we went to the movie. It was ok. Grann Trino. A message for sure. I really like Clint Eastwood. Dinner will another time. We both ate too much popcorn. Ha!
Driving to Medford, tomorrow to see DH Doctor and Costo...
Made my first laundry soap and stirred the sourdough started ..It looks good.
Posted on my blog and did laundry.
How are the rest of you Mavens today?

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9382 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9382 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  7:07:09 PM  Show Profile
Lillian,
I just wanted to say that I know how you feel about your cat and the kidney disease. We had a Boston terrier, Ruby by name, and we didn't discover that she had kidney disease till very late. They couldn't do dialysis and she was not a candidate for a transplant. I don't think we would have opted for either. She went on her own but she was with our vet at the time. He took very good care of her even though I would liked to have had her home I don't think it would have been best for her. We do have her here on the property and she was only 9. Under normal health conditions a boston can live to be 12-14. I still miss her. She lost weight rapidly and that was what we were checking to find out about when they found it was kidney failure. if they can do anything for her that you are comfortable with let the vet do it. I just wanted our Ruby to be comfortable as long as she was around. He encouraged me to come and see her at the office but did not encourage me to bring her home. I'm glad now that I did not have her here. We still have our other little girl here and she is good company too.
Sometimes it helps to know someone else has been there too.

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  7:51:31 PM  Show Profile
Wow Ruth - that is some very involved history - very interesting because it affects so much of how we live today, but pretty intense. How old is your daughter? Does she enjoy it?
Lillian - I'm so sorry about your cat, it is never easy when a member of the family has health issues, hard things to decide
I will let you know if I order anything from John Scheeper - I might just to spread the heirloom wealth around a bit, my big order will be SSE if I ever get the catalog.
One of my regular customers ordered heirloom seeds this week and was warned - online - to order early, they are expecting record demand due to the economy and resulting surge of DIY-ers. Good news in the long run, but y'all might want to get your orders in.
And a big yay!! Sister Ruth!!!!!
Amy Grace
(I send my love to all the rest of you too......)

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  06:58:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday Lillian, I hope you have a wonderful day. You are in my thoughts dear sister.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  07:01:24 AM  Show Profile
Morning Mavens!!! I would like to thank all that offered words of encouragment either on the forum or in personal emails. I have better friends here than I have in person! You are all awsome! Today is a much better day, sometimes it just helps to get it all out!

Yes, I agree do order your seeds early if you can. Even in a "normal" year if you order too late you may not get the variety you want. I ordered my onions in December (from bountiful gardens) and 1 of the varieties was backordered and not sure if they were going to get them. Just ordered from SSE last Sunday and my carrots are B/O as well (St. Valery). Thank goodness I have enough carrot seed for the first planting.

Received my Fedco Seed catalog yesterday and had a chance to read it last night. Wow, what a wealth of information in there! They also have my Lillian's Yellow Tomato, so I will probably make a small order from them.

I'll be back in a few- I need to go wake DS and get him moving!

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  07:35:34 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I have been re-reading through this thread and I keep telling myself 1) what an amazing group of women and 2) How much talent there is here, you all make things much more rich... Thanks mavens!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  07:49:35 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Lillian!

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  07:51:25 AM  Show Profile
I was over at the Farmgirls Sistr hood site and my User name and password doesnt work any thing I have t do?

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  08:00:25 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Mavens.
Happy Birthday Lillian, Diana Contact Gabe at gabe@maryjanesfarm.org
Headed to Medford this morning. Dh routine Dr appointment & shopping Costco & Lunch. Have a great day Ladies.
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou

Edited by - K-Falls Farmgirl on Jan 16 2009 08:06:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  08:35:25 AM  Show Profile
GOOOOD MORNING MAVENS!

Brrrr, its 20 below here and chilly. Chicken water keeps freeziing even with a heated waterer! I sure hope that everyone is doing well.

I got an email from a new maven today. Please make welcome Julie (ClaireSky).
For all the newbies, I have stuff to mail to you, time just slips away....

I haven't been up to much. Been making planting cells out of newspaper. I'm nervous and excited to start everything from seed this year. Be safe out ther and talk with you all soon!

LOVE!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-Mother Hen

http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  08:41:01 AM  Show Profile
Thank You for the B-Day well wishes. Usually Dh and I don't do much for each others birthdays, but this year he was full of it! After he left for work he gave me a call and told me to look behind the map in the office. That started a treasure hunt for me...........how fun it was. It ended with a card and a picture of a cast iron wok that is on it's way. I love my cast iron and didn't have a wok. What a great guy......I think I'll keep him!

Cheryl- Have a good trip. Tomorrow is my Costco day.

Have a great day Girls-

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  08:43:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I love my cast iron too, Lillian. I have used it for thirty plus years and wouldn't give it up for anything!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  08:51:57 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Lillian and I'm glad the wok is on it's way to you. Live it up girl! I too think you should keep your guy, he sounds like a good one =) Have a great day!

The rest of my Maven sisters have a great day as well!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9382 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9382 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  10:33:03 AM  Show Profile
Where do you gals get your cast iron cookware?

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  10:38:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by gramadinah

I was over at the Farmgirls Sistr hood site and my User name and password doesnt work any thing I have t do?

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

email gabe@maryjanesfarm.org and he should be able to help you!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  11:16:08 AM  Show Profile
Lillian~Happy birthday!!! What your husband did was so sweet. I hope you are having a great day.

Amy Grace~My daughter enjoys the history but not the work involved. If it was just reading she would breeze right through it.

Welcome~Julie~You will definitely enjoy it here. These are the best ladies you'll ever "meet"

It is so cold here today. I have the woodstove going and there is still a chill I can't beat. It will be a high of 7 here today. Tonight 0. I have to go to work and I don't want to. Thank goodness my dear husband had automatic start put in our van when we bought it. I love that!!!

The kids are done with school. I am working on owl hats and getting the house cleaned up a bit. We are here all day and it starts to look~not messy~but very "lived in".

I still haven't had a chance to read my MJF magazine. I am hoping to read it this weekend because I am hibernating after I get home from work tonight. I won't leave the house again until my dentist appt. on Monday. I tried to cancel it but there wasn't anything else available. It's for a cleaning and when you have braces you really need it. It's hard to keep everything clean with all the contraptions they put in your mouth. Can't wait until they're off.

OK~that's enough rambling!
Have a good day, mavens!!

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  11:39:26 AM  Show Profile
Denise- Most of my frying pans are Lodge and my Wok-to-be" is also lodge. My Dutch ovens are either Lodge or Griswold. The enamal coated pots are Staub and my bread pans are Lodge. Alot of my pots and pans are inherited. The ones I buy, I buy from the manufacturer. The wok is coming from ebay. I am kinda picky and really try and buy USA products when I can, so I really am trying to stick to lodge and griswold. Unfortunatly Griswold is no longer a company so I have to scour the 2nd hand stores.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page