Page: of 217

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  07:33:00 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Good morning, mavens!

This is why I've been absent as of late: I signed on to do a quick post here and I have been on the computer for over an hour! I got sucked into the Official Farmgirl Sisterhood something forum trying to find examples of badges. I found a few but I know there must be more out there somewhere. I still haven't embroidered my Henrietta badge - that's going to get done next week. It's that whole perfectionism thing rearing it's ugly head. An imperfect badge is better than a perfect one that never gets done. Repeat every time ugly perfectionism thing enters my head.

Will not even try to answer all the topics that have been posted in the last few days but know that I have been reading along, thinking of you all and sending up prayers.

Dawn, what a week you're having and it's only Wednesday! Highs and lows but it looks like things are looking up and just climbing higher and higher. You go, farmgirl/sister/maven/QMD!!!!! You SO deserve it!

To everyone else, I'll try to show up here at least once a day. I've been crankier than usual lately and I'm sure it's HMWD. I miss my sisters!

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Maven's Haven Editor
Farmgirl Sister #311

P.S. Since I can't post to the bulletin board in the henhouse I'll post here. Dawn, I only have three words to say: Cause and effect!

Edited by - LivingWell4You on Jan 07 2009 07:39:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  07:42:13 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey Karen.. Glad to hear from you... although emails are always nice too.... Miss you!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  07:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Hey, Rene'! I'm back! I owe several mavens and farmgirls e-mails. And so the morning fades away...........

FYI to all: I just posted on the HMBC January book in the henhouse. Read and share.

God bless -
Farmgirl Sister #311

P.S. Amy Grace & Marcy, DH and I worked on round 1 of our seed list last night. Should be finalized this weekend. Want me to post it in the henhouse or mail it to you or both? or neither? heh heh heh (See BM addition to lingo in henhouse)

Edited by - LivingWell4You on Jan 07 2009 07:53:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  08:33:35 AM  Show Profile
I managed to get 10 of the better tiny seedling starts of the "Collective Farm Woman melon" (don't you just love that name?!)potted up this morning. I chose the best looking little seed starts that were on the paper toweling, and carefully potted them up into little peat pots. They now all are on my kitchen windowsill , and in about a week I hope to get them planted. We are having a cold spell blowing in right now though, so definitely not a good time to try planting them just yet.I want them to get much taller and sturdier before they head outdoors..hoping I can keep them alive.
Who'd have known that this seed that was 6 yrs old would actually start to sprout?..Cool.
Also..I had some seed for a plant called Poinciana/Pride of Barbados...dwarf pink. And it was 6 yr. old seed also..hard to grow as you have to nick the seeds and soak them. So..I thought..oh what they hey..I'll give it a try. So I nicked the seed shell with a knife and set the seed to soaking for about 3 days in a little cup of water..then potted the seeds into peat pots. Nothing showing in the pots the day before yesterday, so I was actually going to toss them out..but decided to check in the soil just to be sure..and wow! after digging around in the little peat pots I found that 2 of the seeds had definitely started sprouting, so I adjusted the little sproutlings in the soil..and am really crossing my fingers that these grow, as they are a hard to find plant..typically found in areas like Key West, Miami, and Bahamas, and yes..Barbados..but never here from what I have found anyhow.
So..I am double crossing my fingers that I can keep this particular seedling growing to plant size.
---------
Anyhow..and here I was thinking that I wouldn't actually be doing any gardening to speak of until after we got moved..ha..you can't keep a green thumb down!..yeehaw! :0P..LOL

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  09:49:13 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Hey, Dawn! Have you resolved your pumpkin issue for the farm & market this year? There is a variety in the SSE catalog called Cornfield Pumpkin with the following description: "Our top choice for use as both carving pumpkins and for fall decorations. Perfectly shaped 12-15 pound fruits are 12-16" wide and 10-12" tall. Very sturday stems rarely break off. First offered by SSE member Glenn Drowns in 1984 Yearbook from seed he obtained from the USDA. Traditionally grown by farmers as a dual crop when planted with their field corn." Whaddaya think?

God bless -
Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  11:08:38 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
I WANT IT ALL!!! I just finished setting up our veggie seed list - definite purchases and wants. Then I just wrote down the names of all the herbs and flowers I want. I WANT IT ALL!!! Not to the books I want to add to our library. ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

God bless -
Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  12:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Patience, bean sprout, it will all come in good time, LOL!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  12:27:06 PM  Show Profile
Well, I'm feeling a bit better again and so I'm up and posting. I was having serious (see-we-us) Maven withdrawals. =) I have to go downtown to pick up the latest magazine, and my driveway is flooding right now from all of the rain *sigh* this is wacky weather for sure! and having had nothing to do but lie around and be sick for a while, I have gone through the catalogues and ....I WANT IT ALL!!!!!! heeheeheehee
I can't decide on just one of anything except maybe beets and I only like the tops of those and it is going to be the pretty "bull's blood" variety for me of those. I have waaaaaaaaaaaay too many things on my list to fit into my garden space. It is going to be a biointensive type deep digging garden anyway I think. I never got to do the lasagne type gardening last autumn

But I WANT EVERYTHING!!!!ARRRGGGGG!!!!!
Luckily I only have so much money and can only get so much seed.

Dawn, I hope that you get to have your daughter come back to live with you. A girl of that age really needs her mama
All of my other dear Maven sisters HELLO!
Off to work on my seed lists =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  1:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Bean sprout! It makes me feel so small and dainty, something I am NOT!

Annika, you maven after my own heart! Glad you're feeling better, my dear. After round 1 of seed shopping, we have our veggies down to a reasonable amount, I've narrowed the herbs down from 19 to 10, flowers - I marked 43 and I want 43! There isn't a single one I want to do without but there's no way I can handle 43 flowers this year. ARGH!!!! For instance, the first flower on my list - Outhouse Hollyhock. How could I not get something named outhouse hollyhock???

God bless -
Farmgirl Sister #311

Edited by - LivingWell4You on Jan 07 2009 1:42:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  1:56:31 PM  Show Profile
Right, "Outhouse Hollyhocks" are beautiful, how could we not want them, and the name alone makes you just love them. I'm in the same boat with the flowers too.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  2:14:29 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
If I could only have one flower pick (yea, right!), it would be bachelor's buttons. I remember them from my grandmother's garden. I haven't been able to find them anywhere ever. Oh my goodness! The list is based on the SSE catalog and doesn't include anything from the other's yet. That's round two. I just checked Baker's Creek to see if they have Bachelor's Buttons and they have 7 offerings instead of just the 2 like SSE. Oh my goodness, Annika, what are we going to do?????

God bless -
Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  2:21:03 PM  Show Profile
hubby and I sat outside in the sunshine today talking about everything we want to do/grow in our new backyard..when we get moved. Lots of fun things. We definitely want lots of fruiting trees, and to have a staggered harvest to where we are harvesting food crops year round.My mom in law already has a kumquat tree waiting for me.(see my blog for a recipe for kumquat marmalade..ooh yummy)
And I know for sure that I want to have several cherry trees, and apple trees...I'm thinking currants and other berries as well.We will definitely make sure that our fruit trees are the first things we get planted.
Isn't it so fun to have plans?
The more I clean out and pack up here at this house..the more excited I get about the future and the fun things I want to do..I am Sooooo very ready for a change and a new start for our family.
Hubby was talking about how he wants a meditation area at the new house..sort of like a Japanese garden with koi pond and a platform to sit on next to the fish pond just to go and relax by..so..I definitely am planning a small koi pond area for him/us as well.
-----------------
Oh..on another note..I hope to have some heirloom okra to offer you gals soon. My mom has been collecting some from her okra she grew this year..she had to wait for the pods to dry out to be able to collect the seed and she is going to send them to me to share with you gals.
------------
hugs and have a great day!
Tina

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  2:33:08 PM  Show Profile
I feel the same way. I have gone through 3 pages of legal sized paper making my lists. And I have to make a list as to what I have already. I have an area planned for just zinnias-I cannot imagine my life without them, and I am planning an area for more flowers, as well as my official herb garden. I did not get my garlic in last fall due to an extra early freeze, can I get it in the ground early this spring?
AND, I am trying to get to the point where I can read my Carrots Love Tomato's book so I can plan the 1/4 acre we got for the rest. As for the pumpkins, I got the Connecticut Field from Tina (you are a SAINT), and am going to add.....crap, I forgot. So I will have 2 kinds. I am hoping that FIL will allow me to plant pumpkins at his place as I dont think I'm going to have enough room and am worried about the vines choking out the rest of my garden.

Today I went to a flea markt and a couple thrift stores and came back empty handed. I've been looking for old garden tools and something funky I can make and decorate my herb garden with. I found a woven bee skep at $50! Some people are on way cheap drugs..... Also looking for neat ideas to "dress up" a flat concrete patio/slab into a MJ inspired retreat....that will be fun~ I found some motel bouncers today for 35 apiece. I really want them but I cannot purchase things like that NOW. I need to wait to see what my paychecks are going to look like first.

My last stop was at our new General Store here in Nova. I was blown away by the authenticity of it. I got to talking to the owner and they want to carry my eggs and veggies. It just keeps a gettin better and better for me. Seriously, I am like Ziggy with the storm cloud wherever I go. I dont know what's shifted, but man! I feel so blessed at this point of my life.

Aud seems to be doing well. I told her that about 16 AUNTS have been thinking and praying for her. She texted me with an "LOL". Thats a good thing!

OH! Mail came late! Not only did I get my MJ mag, I got my new Lehman's catalog too. I wish you all could come with me to visit there. they have a new cafe' and it'd be great to sit, visit and shop where MJ gets some of her stuff at!!

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-Mother Hen

http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  2:52:34 PM  Show Profile
Tina , planning is sooo fun! I hope that you and your family find just the right place. I love Koi, they are so beautiful and I'd have a pond too if I lived in a milder climate. Wishing you so much luck and much fulfilment with your new home. It'll be a lot of work, but thats half the fun =)

Karen, we both need to win the lotto to buy all of the things that we want to grow =D
There are just so many wonderful heirlooms to plant, I get all starry eyed. There is truly good in the world as long as there are wild flowers and whole, real heirlooms to keep us healthy and give us joy. There is no joy in a plastic-y supermarket vegetable, only in one grown by real honest-to-goodness human hands and of pure true seed. (I must be on the mend, there is a rant in here somewhere!)
I think we should make the Outhouse Hollyhock our chapter flower =D Does anyone else remember picking hollyhocks as a child, holding them upside down, twirling them and playing that they were ballerinas? or was a just an odd little girl?

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  3:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Annika, my mom made hollyhock dolls for me. She took one in bloom and one bud, then stuck the stem of the bud into the stem of the bloom. The bud became the upper part of the body and the bloom was, as you said, the skirt. Good memories, huh?

Dawn, you're still on that uphill climb. Feels good, huh?

God bless -
Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  4:13:46 PM  Show Profile
WooHoo! I ordered my potatos today! Hopefully I will get my seeds finalized and ordered by Friday!!!

Dawn tried to order a catalog from you today but you were chatting away on the other line and I got your voice mail. Maybe tomorrow.

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  4:29:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh I Love Hollihocks too and Wouldn't they look good growing against the chicken Studio...I was going to put sunflowers there but gee... my back yard fence would be better... And I have to have potatoes & beets & beans & peas & corn & more grapes. We planted raspberries, black berries, blue berries lst year and a cherry tree & two apple trees. Now i want a persimmon tree. I am getting carried away right? First I guess I need to get the garden area composted & rotatilled.. & DH wants a tractor!
We just want too much.. and We love wanting... wishng and now I feel greedy.... (NOT)

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  4:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Cheryl! The hollyhocks would be bee-u-tiful against the chicken studio. FYI: the catalog blurb says they blook the second year in the North or first year in more moderate, long-seasoned climates so you may want to start them this year but also do some sunflowers for blooms this year. "Self-seeding biennial, 6-9' tall"!!!!

Our veggie list is corn, green beans (bush & pole), lettuce, carrots, peas, okra, pepper (bell & hot), tomatoes (roma-type & slicing), cucumber, chard (thank you, Barbara Kingsolver), summer and winter squash, spinach, cabbage and crowder peas. Herbs will (hopefully) be basil, fennel, lavender, oregano, parsley, rosemary, sage, stevia, sweet marjoram and thyme. (I'm gearing more for kitchen herbs this year, next year will include more medicinal varieties.) Flowers, at this point, there are 43 of them........................

God bless -
Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  5:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Seems as if we are spending our evenings the same, with each new catalog, I get antsier for spring and winter has just arrived. Last Fall I went to go visit fellow farmgirls Vicki Lewis (My sister-in-law) and Patty Eaton at their quilt shop called Hollyhock haven in Dayton WA. And absolutely fell in love with Hollyhocks... I had seen them before of course but never really paid any attention I suppose (why would I) as I have my Shasta Daisies and Chamomile and Fever Few (which all look like mini daisies to me).. Anyway, LOVE them. Hollyhock Haven is located in an old Carriage house and the hollyhocks are everywhere ... it is amazing.

I just completed reading Mel Bartholomew's "The New Square food gardening" book.. SO great. So I will be busy building some frames. ONe of the things I love about it, you can really made a beautifully landscaped yard and garden with his methods. A great combination of yard and garden.. very Chic. Of course he has a website that you can also check out if you dont want to read all about it. http://www.squarefootgardening.com/.. For those that dont have a yard but have a patio he even should how to plant on the patio.. so clever.. I actually think I will do this one on my concret patio so I can have my fresh herbs by the BBQ. Making the frames will keep me busy for a while longer...giving Spring time to arrive.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  6:40:14 PM  Show Profile
I'm pretty stoked right now. I just finished reading the magazine cover to cover. HA! WOW. What a huge compliment for us all.....
Cheryl: I dont not feel guilty one iota about buying plants/veggies/bushes/trees for my consumption either! It's the only money I get to spend that doesnt get me "yelled" at!

Sorry Lil, I will try to stifle it tomorrow.... hee hee... tis the season.....

I felt like I wanted to say something important, and now I can't think of it. Oh well. Good night girls.

OH! So I'm purusing the web in search of ideas for my kitchen and I come across this site. Awesome kitchen stuff and they have this zinnia patterned stuff I fell in love with. So I look to see where they are located.....CDA, Idaho! Garsh! I cant wait for BBB so I can sweet talk TS into taking me there. Its called the Country Porch I think..... I'm in heavennnnnnnn......

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens-Mother Hen

http://harvestthymefarm.etsy.com
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9329 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9329 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  6:54:00 PM  Show Profile
Karen,
We have bachelor buttons around here everywhere. I haven't had a chance to make out a list yet. Have to get all the magazines together and grab the husband long enough to sit down and plan something for the garden this year.

Dawn,
How sweet that we are her aunties. I hope things work out for you and her. You need each other and I'm sure she'd be happy to have more time with you.

Annika,
Glad to see you posting. Hope you are feeling better.

The creek's been rising here. It started raining yesterday and is still going pretty strong. Lots of BIG puddles around.Our house is on a hill so we don't get too much flooding. Except where it puddles up by the back door. We had to put in a drain back there last year.

take care all,
Denise

Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  7:01:01 PM  Show Profile
Wow Yay, and Woohoo - what a wonderful write-up on the Mavens and Dawn and Karen in particular. I am saving the rest of the magazine to read when I have the house to myself - tomorrow!! Dawn - I love the picture of Audrey with the chickens in her apron, she looks totally happy in her own being - what a cool thing. I am still keeping you both in my thoughts, and congratulations on all the good things, you totally deserve them.
I joined SSE on Sunday finally so am looking forward to getting my catalog so I know what the heck y'all are talking about :)
Karen, I know I am going to have a hard time limiting my flower purchases too - I think I want Sweet Peas for sure.
I have decided to do a Lasagna Garden bed on our front lawn - I was planning on turning one side of the yard into raised beds, this will be the first. Anyway, it is going to be all the seeds I have gotten from Mavens, a sort of Maven Celebration Garden. It will be front and center in a place of honor, so those of you who are coming to the BBB can see it when you hit Rosalia!!
So the weather here.....
Saturday it was 2 degrees below zero
Monday it was blizzard conditions that shut down U.S. Highway 195 - the one I take to work - and most of the rest of the county
Today, well, today it was 48 degrees and the 3 feet of snow on the ground is melting
Weird.
Oh and yeah, of course you have to have Outhouse Hollyhocks:)
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  8:03:52 PM  Show Profile
Hollyhocks all over at
http://www.fabric.com/quilting-fabric-just-arrived-quilting-fabric-heavenly-hollyhocks.aspx
Annika, so good to see you back, how are you feeling ?
Dawn, sometimes things change because We change the way we look at them. Congratulations for the new title and for the article, I haven't read it yet, don't even know if my subscription to the magazine will make it to France, the US post office do not have international surface mail anymore and it seems it is not easy to find a cheap alternative.
If one of you would kindly make a scan of it and send it to me in a email, that would be wonderful.
I've received one catalog only, Baker Creek, and with the seeds I already have, I am thinking that will be it for this year.
In the melon area, they offer an old Irakian heirloom I plan to get, just because I've tested the non organic variety they offer on the market here and it is sooooo good. Heirlooms from other countries are meant to be saved as well and i am thinking to get a few packets from countries at war or having rough time today, a tribute to peace being able to return in these places.
If any of you are interrested, I will share the seeds.
Will post a list as soon as I can, won't promise it will be before we leave.
My car is officially on sale now and I will have to take away the Farmgirl sticker bumper I have very soon.
Sweet dreams, love ya'll.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  10:30:02 PM  Show Profile
Denise and Corinne, thank you so much for the concern *hugs* I am not doing too badly so long as I don't do too much. Which is driving me nutty, because I have a lot to do around the house. But I feel pretty good now and am enjoying the maven waves of garden chatter. This is balm to the already winter weary soul. May we always be surrounded by each other and have this wonderful sistership (Thank you muchly MaryJane, for gifting us with the opportunity to become sisters of the heart)

Corinne, thank you for the fabric link! yum! beautiful fabric to contemplate. And how fun that it is Hollyhocks! If I had the magazine, I sure would be happy to scan in the Maven bits and send them. I will have to try and pick up the magazine this weekend from town.
I will try to email you tomorrow and say hello. When are you leaving? Let us know when you have an address in France wont you? I have a house warming gift to send =)

Love to all of my Maven Sisters.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Edited by - Annika on Jan 07 2009 10:31:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  04:56:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Goodmorning dear Mavens,

So nice to hear all your voices and the chat about gardening.
I agree, the Outhouse Hollyhocks are a must have.

I had decided a few years ago that I should never have to go through a summer without the enduring aroma of petunias. Like Amy Grace I love sweet peas too.

Sorry I've been a bit MIA. I've decided I need some down time. I'll be peeking in from time to time, but I just need to finish up some obligations this week, and next week I'm just going to be. Maybe it will help my creative juices to start flowing.
Love ya all

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: