Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  07:33:55 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Mavens!
Teresa Sue, I don't know if its just that the area has grown up so much in the last six months or what, but there is a lot more traffic in and around Moscow now. I'm hoping that we just have a heavy crop of students this year and that they'll go away in the spring =P Traffic has been wild down here. Wish I'd known you were coming down I would have taken you to lunch =)

Karen, my feet were so cold I wore two pairs of socks to sleep in. BRRRR!, I'm with ya sister. I need to get some more wool socks for the winter, I've worn the soles out of mine from last year. I'm thinking I'll just get some good micro fleece or heavy wool felt to sew on new soles and turn them into sleep socks or barn socks.

Colour wise, I like silver and either purple or soft green hues.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  07:36:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Annika, maybe I can catch ya next time, I usually make one more Moscow run before Christmas and then I hole up until the end of March, lol. I have to make sure I buy enough tea to get me through the winter, lol

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Nov 22 2008 07:37:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  07:41:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls- I too have been somewhat MIA these last few days. Hubby has been down with this darn cold that I had, but we all know how men are when they get sick. Sounds like everyone is getting into the holidays. I just realized yesterday that I hadn't bought a turkey yet. We were hoping to buy a fresh turkey this year, but that didn't work out. Possibly though we might raise a few for next year, we have the room.

My favorite color this week is pumpkin orange and between silver or gold, silver. Hope Dawn gets her computer up and running soon.

Brenda- we also have a 4 legged smoke alarm. About 1 week after we brought Abby home I turned on the wrong burner and started a little fire (bacon greese in a pan). Abby now freeks out when there is any smoke in the house or a smoke alarm goes off! Make me feel good knowing that there is an extra nose always on alert!

Everyone have a great weekend, I am off to read the newsletter and the to Bob,s Red Mill for my grains.

Take Care

Lillian
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  09:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
My favorite color(s) is(are) sage green, purple and/or anything autumnal; metal - silver. Ruth's favorite color is blues; metal - silver. I realized how much fun I was having reading everyone's color choices and who knows when this information might come in handy in the future so I thought I'd post mine and Ruth's. Everyone else can just post out here if you haven't already and then we can all file the info away for future reference. This may actually help some of us with our maven Christmas gifties!
Just talked to the QMD. She was able to get on the computer for about 10 minutes this morning before it froze up. TS, she loved talking to you. Said you are so funny - but we all know that already from your posts! Love 'em!!!

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311

Edited by - LivingWell4You on Nov 22 2008 09:46:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  1:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
TS, how's hubby doing on the road? Have you heard from him? Has the ice melted? The sun came out here and I thought of him on the road, hoping that it's warming up there too.

Ruth, how are the aprons coming along? I'll be starting on mine tonight or Monday.

Denise, so glad to see you here. Even if it's only a quick pop-in, it's wonderful to hear from you.

Tina, thanks for the holiday wishes. Hope your family has a wonderful Thanksgiving too.

Annika, I was wearing two pairs of socks last night, had the comforter wrapped around them and was still cold. After laying there awake for half an hour, I finally realized that until my feet warmed up I wasn't going to be able to go to sleep. That's when I got the heating pad. Of all things my one big toe will still be freezing when the rest of my feet are warm. It's so odd. I wonder if it's a menopause thing.......

Lillian, do you live near the Bob's Red Mill? How wonderful! I went to their website to check out grains this week. I'm hoping to get a grain mill in the semi-near future after hearing you mavens talk about grinding your own flour. There was an article in a magazine I bought the other day about bread-making. I'll have to let you know which mag it was later - don't have it handy right now.

Alee, been missing you here, girlfriend. Are you getting ready for finals?

Corinne, I miss you already.........................

Ralph, hope your gift-making is helping soothe your withdrawal symptoms. If your car goes out and you get a horse and buggy, I will truly believe you are living the Amish life.

Lora, Brenda, Amy Grace (my Country Living buddy), Brenda, Marcy, Rene - hope you're doing something fun this weekend. If you are, be sure to share your stories with us. If you're not, you can always come here for comfort.

Love to all.................

God bless -

Edited by - LivingWell4You on Nov 22 2008 1:51:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  2:26:51 PM  Show Profile
Info about Isolation/Cross pollination of heirlooms:
-----------------------
Isolating distances used for maintaining genetic purity

Guidelines for maintaining seed purity between cross-pollinating crops help growers prevent unwanted crossing from occurring. The “one-quarter mile” rule is the standard isolation distance to prevent pollen from one variety contaminating another during the growing cycle. This may be a bit extreme in the southwest’s arid climate. Corn pollen can easily survive in high humidity, but quickly desiccates in low humidity and drying winds. Insects carry pollen considerable distances, but must stay near a water source. Therefore, in hot, arid conditions, isolation can often be accomplished at distances of less than one-quarter mile.
------------------------
What crosses with what

All plants have a Latin name, known as their genus and species. The same plant can be known by different common, local, or regional names, so Latin names are used to make things universal and less confusing. Plants are given their Latin names based on their flower structure. Thus, plants of the same genus and species are very closely related and therefore cross pollinate. All corns, whether sweet, flour or popcorn, belong to the same species – Zea mays – and readily cross. Most of the peppers, or chiles, commonly grown in gardens are just one species, Capsicum annuum.

Generally, plants with the same genus, but different species, will not cross. Of the squashes, for example, Cucurbita pepo will not readily cross with Curcurbita argyrosperma, Cucurbita moschata or Cucurbita maxima. For this to be helpful, you have to know which species a particular variety belongs to. For example, crookneck, zucchini, cushaw and hubbard represent 3 different species! It is rare, but not impossible, for plants from different genera (plural of genus) to cross. There are exceptions to the rules, and plant breeders have had some success with forced crossings.
Open-pollinated means that the variety is pollinated randomly, that is, pollination is not controlled in any way, such as that typically performed by plant breeders. Even self-pollinating crops, such as beans, are considered open-pollinated, though there is nothing particularly random about who pollinates whom. Technically, a plot of corn in your neighbor’s backyard is open-pollinated, unless he/she goes out every morning and hand-pollinates individual ears. The interesting twist is that the corn could be the product of controlled pollinations between two or more different corn varieties, i.e., a hybrid. Yet, unless your neighbor actually conducts his/her own pollinations, the corn plot will be considered open-pollinated. Hybrids are produced by specifically cross-pollinating two varieties to produce a unique, third variety, and are common in modern agriculture and commercial garden seeds. Seeds from hybrids often do not produce “true-to-type”, that is, offspring of hybrids often do not maintain the characteristics of their hybrid parents.
-------------------------------------
Maintaining Purity

Purity means preventing the mixing of more than one variety. Contamination of seed stocks can occur both as a result of cross-pollination between varieties of the same species or by mixing different varieties as a result of poor labeling after they’ve been harvested. The easiest method for maintaining seed purity is to grow only one variety of any one species at a time. Always be aware of what other gardeners near you have planted and what “weeds” may have volunteered in your compost or grow along the roadway.
Hand pollinating is commonly used on a small scale to maintain purity. It can be time consuming and labor intensive, but it’s fun to play Mother Nature! When hand pollinating, you must physically act as the agent to transfer the pollen (male) to the stigma (female). You must also act to prevent any unwanted pollen from finding its way to the stigma.

Staggered planting times is another good practice to prevent crossing, especially for corn. Allow two, four or more weeks between planting of different varieties so that tasseling does not overlap. You must know how many days it takes each variety to mature for this to work; a second planting of an “early” corn that flowers while the first planting is still flowering will defeat the purpose.

Caging individual plants with window screening, or bagging flowers with cheese cloth, muslin or paper sacks can prevent insects from visiting and crossing varieties. This will work well, as in chiles, if flowers are capable of self pollinating. Otherwise, hand pollination may be necessary. Other physical barriers include buildings and plants to disrupt or prevent movement of pollen or insects. Some crops and trees can act as deterrents to insect pollinators, but it takes a comprehensive understanding of which garden insects visit your garden.
-------------------------------------
INFO FROM:
greenpeople.org

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  2:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi Karen, no I don't usually hear from him during the day unless he calls to remind me to do something,lol. No, it was supposed to snow here today, but it never did and now the sun is just a shining. I'm taking a little break before I go tackle hanging some new curtain rods in the living room. I get frustrated easily when I hang curtain rods for some odd reason.
I forgot to tell y'all I found a great jean jacket at the Ross Shop for Less store yesterday. Only $17.99, it's that brand, Not Your Daughter's Jeans and it has a bit of stretch to it. After I get my farmgirl Christmas exchanges done I'm going to work on getting my jacket farmgirly-ed up and get my badges embroidered so I can wear them. A "for me" project!
Thanks for the info Tina, I copied and am going to put it in my farmgirl notebook.
Okay, back to work.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Nov 22 2008 2:37:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  2:40:57 PM  Show Profile
Hey there chickies,

It's been crazy busy here as well. Like everyone else I am trying to get gifties done.
Hubby got a deer while I was at Dawn's. We processed it ourselves and made mostly hamburger out of it. One more reason I love my KitchenAid mixer. His grandmother bought a meat grinder attachement for it the year before she passed. He is currently down at the farm in southern Indiana hunting again. Our chiropractor is with him.

I treated my self to a new pair of flannel lined jeans from the farm store. Oh so warm and snuggly. It's like a hug for my bum when I am outside in the cold. tee hee.

Got some not so nice news on Friday. One of the meds that Lliam is on that the pharmacy was giving to us as samples for free will no longer be available for free. My insurance doesn't cover it because it's not being used for it's intended purpose. I really can't afford the monthly cost of it either. Over $300/month. We are going to talk to the dr and see if we can't get something worked out. The medicine called Provigil was designed for narcolepsy (sp) and shift work sleep disorder. I just wonder if the dr can't add the sleep disorder to Lliam's list of diagnosis' as he does have a sleeping problem. He doesn't sleep unless we give him melatonin. Most people can take 1 or 2 and it works just fine. Lliam has to have 4 or 5. His mind just won't turn off otherwise. Since I only have 1 and 1/2 pills left, I am saving those for Tuesday for school. After that we are going to have to deal with withdrawls I think. I called a nurse to find out what we could do to lesson the effects but she hasn't called me back yet. Cross your fingers.

Corinne,
Thank you so much for the beautiful card. My hubby called me at work and said that I had received a card from Kuwait. He asked who I knew there. I yelled back CORINNE!!!!!!!!! I have friends in the military over there and in Iraq but I don't usually get anything from them so I knew it was you!!!!

Mmmmmm, I can smell the roast chicken in the oven. I can't wait for it to get done!!

I know Dawn can't read this right now, but aren't you glad I came up there when I did? hee hee hee. Stay in and stay warm.
Answers to her questions:
color: any ( I do seem to wear a lot of red, black and brown, BUT I love all colors.)
g or s: silver
We are way below normal temps here right now as well, but no snow. We are just far enough south that we don't usually get lake effect snow from Lake Michigan. South Bend was getted hammered early this week though. So glad I don't live that far north!!

Gotta run,
going to make Christmas cards and more small gifties. By the way how can I get everyone's address all at once? I would love to send out cards!

Thanks,
Lora #358

If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.

Please visit my new blog and post your opinions about different subjects. www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  2:44:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh and I almost forgot, Dawn, I would love to share the potato sampler with you. I had great success growing some last year.

Thanks,
Lora #358

Please visit my new blog and post your opinions about different subjects. www.farmallchick.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  2:46:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hey Lora! Corinne made a list for everyone, you should have got an email, if not, I'd email her and I'm sure she would send it to you.
I talked to Dawn today. Hello train. HEHEHE

PS Hope you get your son's meds figured out. I'll keep y'all in my thoughts and prayers.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316

Edited by - Contrary Wife on Nov 22 2008 2:48:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  8:04:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls,
Just wanted to pop in for minute. My niece that is in the Navy came in for Thanksgiving and we are all going over to my moms to celebrate it early because she will only be here a few days. So I will be eating turkey tomorrow and then again on the real Thanksgiving day with my in-laws. My mom makes the best dressing. Mmmmmm!!! I will be thinking of all of you.

Favorite colors: Dark purple and Autumn colors.
Gold or Silver? Gold. I am probably the only one that likes gold. Silver always makes me feel cold, so gold it is.

Have a blessed weekend.

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Ms.Lilly
True Blue Farmgirl

826 Posts

Lillian
Scotts Mills OR
USA
826 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  08:45:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls, just a quick pop in to say Hi! I am going to attemp Habanero Jelly today, any good recipes? I think I will take some fruit out of the freezer and make a fruit/habanero jelly.

Karen- I live about 45 miles away from Bob's Red Mill, so I try and make a trip up there every 3 months to keep a good supply. The only problem with going to the store- it is like sending a child into a candy store, I want everything!!!

Enjoy your Sunday. Lillian
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  2:55:34 PM  Show Profile
Wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. I'll be away trying to get ready for guests. Have a great Holiday. I may ghost in and out a few times between now and Wednesday, but will be busy as a bee on Thursday of course.
You all have a terrific day Thursday!
hugs, Tina

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  6:51:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone!!
Lora - I hope things work out with your son's meds
Corinne - if you are reading/checking in - thank you sooooo much for the Christmas present!! What a wonderful package - I loved it. Is there an address I can send yours or do I have to wait?

Silver and green:D

and Karen - yes I haven't posted because we had our 6 month old granddaughter spend the night last night. I haven't had a baby around in, oh, well 15 years now, you forget how it is. Fortunately she is the easiest baby I have ever met. She seemed like she wasn't having quite as much fun playing at 8pm last night so we gave her a bottle and she went to sleep, that was it. Then this morning she woke up smiling, my son never did that, woke up crying all the time. Anyway, I'm in the pre-Thanksgiving grocery store craziness - I work at an organic/gourmet grocery store, I think Ruth asked me....
This time of year brings out the worst in people though. I think everyone should have to work retail or grocery for one holiday season in their lives just so they have some empathy for others. There are just so many tensions around the holidays and you want to remind people to slow down and count their blessings.
Hope everyone is surviving the onslaught of winter okay,
Happy Monday Morning (early, but heartfelt nonetheless)
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  06:11:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good morning Mavens,
Hi Amy Grace, aren't those grandbabies the best? My oldest one is 10, but he's still my grandbaby, he will be until I follow the light out of here,heheheh I feel for you girl, you know I worked grocery, & for a couple of years I worked for Northwest Fabric and Crafts(Hancocks bought them out)OMG, it was crazy at the holidays, I would stand and check out people for 6 hours or more and never get a break, bathroom or otherwise. Not to mention a thankyou. I am SO done with that! I really try not to step foot as little as possiable in any stores Nov & Dec. It's so liberating, but you do have to plan ahead!lol

Hi Lillian, you are so lucky to live by Bob's Red Mill. I buy their products at stores and through AZURE STANDARD, and I checked out their website. Good products.

Well, if I am really good today and don't get sidetracked, I should finish all my cleaning projects today. Then I can do the fun stuff, bake, make table arrangements, etc

Still waiting for the farm to process my two badge apps, Gabe must really be busy cause whenever I've applied before they were processed the same day and it's been over a week now. I'm waiting for everyone to finish AVM to apply for that badge.

QMD? Are you still off line?

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  06:26:00 AM  Show Profile
A warm hello to every one of you girls from France. Hope you are doing great, no more cold or sickness. Are you getting ready for Thanksgiving ?
It was a long and complicated trip on saturday, the Amsterdam airport was onto a snow fall and I arrived home about 10 hours late but in one piece.
And last night it snowed so I was in my pj looking through the window and thinking of Dawn.
Amy I am glad you got the packet. You can send yours to our NY address, let me know if you have it.
All letters and cards can go to the Houston address that is on the list I've sent to all of you.
Colors : pink and gold. Brenda I feel the very same with silver makes me feel cold. Actually my favorite metallic is copper but gold is next.
Talk to you latter, have a great day.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  06:30:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hi Corinne, we have missed you so it is so good to hear from you! I was wondering if you had snow in the part of France that your parents lived in, now I know, lol. Sorry to hear about your delay on your trip. I loathe flying, but I always take handwork and several books, if I have a decent book, I can tolerate almost anything,hehehe. Have a wonderful visit with your parents and enjoy the snow, ;^)

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  10:14:40 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Good afternoon, mavens! I looked at the clock and thought it was broken. I couldn't really be noon already, could it? Ha, it can and it is.

Corinne, how great to hear from you. Glad you made it safely home. Hope you had something to keep you busy during the "layover."

Dawn must still be computerless or we would have heard from her by now. I'm going to give her a call later this afternoon.

DH and I got home a little while ago after going out for breakfast (we used what was left on our Cracker Barrel gift card) and shopping for home maintenance shtuff. I'm fighting myself this morning trying to figure out whether the house or holiday to do's are more important right now. So far the house is winning. I'm taking a quick break to catch up on maven things and now it's back to work. Will check back later...........

God bless -

Edited by - LivingWell4You on Nov 24 2008 12:04:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  10:19:40 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning Mavens!!! I hope everyone is doing well today!!! I have some news!! I was laid off friday and well, I am enjoying it!!! I had finished my shippment thursday and new my turn was next!! Now I have a bunch of time to get things done! I really am excited!!! I will worry about a job after the holidays. I might get called back in January but who knows!! Hubby and I are here signing up for unemployment so I thought I would pop in!! I will check in again as his patience wears thin with waiting on me!!!

Marcy #257

When I stand before God at the end of my life I hope that I would not have a bit of talent left and could say “I used everything You gave me”.(erma bombeck)
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  11:12:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good to hear from you Karen and Marcy. Karen say "hi" to our QMD for me. Enjoy your time off Marcy!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  1:13:27 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Just talked to our QMD. The computer is definitely on its last leg. There was a brief flicker this morning and then nothing, not even time to pull in e-mail. For all intents and purposes, it's dead.

I sent everyone's care and love to her. She has been working on busting her bittersweet pods to retrieve the seeds so if you would like some, again, post here. That way she can see if she has a chance to sign on somewhere and if not, I'll forward the info.

She's a bit run down right now from what she thinks is a sinus infection. She has a dry throat, swelling and is run down. Today was filled with phone calls so she was hoarse when I talked to her.

I've been listening to Christmas music and pfutzing around the house. Got some laundry done. Need to clean up the kitchen. It looks like a tornado went through yesterday when I was cooking for the Thanksgiving dinner at church last night.

Marcy, if you're excited about getting laid off then, girl, I'm excited for you too! If you don't have to look for a job right away, this is the time of year when that extra time comes in handy.

God bless -

Edited by - LivingWell4You on Nov 24 2008 1:14:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  1:56:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
bummer about QMD's computer!
Send my get well wishes to her please.
Yes, I would love some bittersweet seed. I've been wanting some forever!!

I'm waiting until the day after Thanksgiving to start the Christmas music. I'm making a dent in the cleaning......taking a little break then back to work.

Denise, thank you for the lovely card, it is beautiful, you are so sweet.

Corinne, I did it! I got your Christmas card off to you, woohoo. The rest of you dear Mavens have to wait until after Thanksgiving, lol.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  2:07:10 PM  Show Profile
awww...so sorry that Dawn is feeling a bit under the weather..and that her computer has kicked the bucket..waaah!
I've been busy here cleaning house/dusting/deep cleaning... so have been busy,busy.
Anyhow..yes..I'd love to have a few seeds for the bittersweet plant.(thanks Dawn!)
Have a great day!

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  4:46:08 PM  Show Profile
Aw shucks. Nasty things, those sinus infections. I will try to call her tomorrow. I too would love some bittersweet seeds.
Not much time to post here tonight.
Lliam's karate class wasn't tonight because the head instructor was feeling a bit down. He just found out today (via a phone about the signs) that the building he has been renting for 17 years is going on the auction block Dec. 15. He was so bummed. He had started putting up a Christmas village for the kids, but stopped. He had been cutting styrofoam for the mountains and you all know how messy that can be. It looked like it had snowed in the studio. There was no way he could get it all cleaned up before 430 so Lance and I pitched in and tidied up for him while he was making phone calls. We didn't stay for the 5 o'clock class as Lliam didn't want to. Came home and did homework for 2 hours.

I am in the process of making persimmon butter (first timer). I hope it turns out well.

I have to hem some pants for a co-worker's son so no chat time for me tonight. I hope to be available on the weekend (no shopping for us!!) so that I can catch up on the henhouse and my other chapter!
I also have to get my Maven Christmas Giftie(s) finished. I do hope she likes them.

thanks
Lora #358

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  4:47:23 PM  Show Profile
It's Monday night but I don't think anyone is here for our chat. This is the first time I could make it.
I know it's very busy right now with everyone getting ready for Thanksgiving. I have company coming to our house. It has been busy here, too. My hubby bought a Wii~I didn't want one but he is definitely a big kid and wanted one. Now he and the kids are upstairs playing and I'm here playing on the computer.
I went to Whole Foods today and picked up our turkey. I just couldn't buy a regular grocery store turkey after reading AVM so I ordered one from Whole Foods. It is the same kind the White House gets. Won't we feel special when we eat it? I also bought all the other things we needed for Thanksgiving. I think I'm all set but I know I'll remember something once I start cooking.
Amy Grace~so sorry to hear about the difficult people. It is so hard nowadays. People can be impatient and selfish and never think of others.
Karen~Please let Dawn know we miss her and hope she feels better soon. I'm hoping Santa can bring her a new computer.
Lora~So sorry to hear about the medication troubles. I hope the dr. can prescribe something less expensive. We went through that this year after my husband had surgery.
Blessings Mavens,
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page