Janie F.
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Janie
Grayson KY
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  4:51:13 PM  Show Profile
I am so happy to join up with all of you wonderful farm girls...:)
I live on a farm in north eastern Kentucky and love it here...we also own another farm about 3 miles from us...but I try to keep busy here growing a garden and canning...plus taking care of all the weed trimming and grass cutting while my hubby works as an electrician about a two hour daily drive from home...so it sure keeps me busy around here...I have for the past 2 years been baby sitting my grandson but now that he started daycare/headstart I will be getting back to my hobby of working in wood and making things...I am excited! I do a lot of crafts in between my farming jobs...also have some cattle, a dog and 29 chickens...I love reading about how other farm women like myself do things in their area. Janie

pasofino
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Claudia
Stony Creek New York
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  5:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Send pasofino a Yahoo! Message
Hello Janie,
I to run a farm, up in the Adirondacks..8 horses, 2 donkeys, 14 chickens, 4 dogs, 3 cats and one foster child. We live of the grid and our heat in the winter is from or 2 wood burning stoves. My husband has to drive downstate 4 hours away, as he's a lawyer in Ct. and LI...I love to paint, do crafts and find it hard to fit them in...its so nice to take a break and talk to other women in similar situations...I try an read a little here every morning and every evening before bed.
What do you find out in the woods by you for crafts? Up here we make a lot of things out of white birch and twigs...
Any way welcome....

Claudia
Sisterhood #328
http://www.wolfpondstables.com
Happy Trails.....
friendsofwolfpond.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  6:45:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Janie!

Sounds like you are kept pretty busy with working your bit of the land! I can't wait to get to know you more here on the forum!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

82kygal
True Blue Farmgirl

548 Posts

Laura
Somerset Kentucky
USA
548 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  05:30:59 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Janie, I'm from Somerset, KY Great to have you here.

With God, all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)
What ever you are, be a good one. (Abe Lincoln)
Go to Top of Page

neighsayer
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Shirley
Arabi GA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  05:38:07 AM  Show Profile  Send neighsayer a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Janie, I'm a newbie here too and I'm from Arabi, Georgia.

Thank God I live in the country!
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  06:09:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Welcome, Janie! I live in Louisville, KY during the week, and spend any/all free time/weekends at our little farm in Irvington(Breckinridge County), KY. It's about an hour from Louisville.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  06:13:51 AM  Show Profile
A warm welcome from one of the Louisiana farmgirls. Sounds like you'll fit right in here!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  12:38:19 PM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
Hello Janie, welcome from Nevada, this is a great place for hugs and tears and laughing, mostly laughing, great farmgirls here and lots of caring in this special place...I admire your caring of your family and being a support to your dh and grandson keeping. Looking forward to getting to know you and come often...Debbie

Farmgirl Sister #324

duty makes us do things, but love, makes us do things beautifully...
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  10:38:09 PM  Show Profile
hi janie .. welcome ... i see that you don't have one of those little 'e-mail' icons listed. if you see this .. e-mail me (frannie) at freedom_valley_farm@windstream.net ... i want to invite you to a reeeeeeeeely FUN gurlfren gathering here in Green County for the weekend of October 11/12. i can send you lots of information about it. you can also read all about it on a heading under ACROSS THE FENCE .. entitled: KENTUCKY GURLFRENZ GATHERING (or sumpthin' like that!)

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  11:45:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Welcome Janie from way out here in New Mexico! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  03:44:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jamie,
So glad that you are here to have some laughs, read and learn and share.
Welcome welcome welcome
Carol Sue

Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gracieinhollow
True Blue Farmgirl

121 Posts

wilma
mchenry KENTUCKY
USA
121 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  03:56:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi Janie, i only about 30 miles give or take a few from you, live in a hollow in ohio co. Welcome to Farm Girls. Wilma

www.doubledoorantiques.etsy.com
www.picturetrail.com/doubledoor
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  1:28:20 PM  Show Profile
Welcome from Maine, always nice to see some more people from Kentucky. I drove through there several times many years ago and remember it as a beautiful place ...You will love this forum...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  2:07:21 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Welcome, Janie, glad to have you here!

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  2:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hi Janie and welcome to the sisterhood from another newbie! This site is a great one and all the sisters are so helpful and caring.
Go to Top of Page

handyam
True Blue Farmgirl

394 Posts

Ada Mae
Greensburg KY.
USA
394 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  6:54:35 PM  Show Profile
HI Janie from another Kentucky farmgirl. I live in Green Co. My husband and I bought his grandparents' farm in 1970 and have lived here ever since. I am a retired elementary teacher. I have always had a garden--flower and vegetables. I like all kinds of hobbies--anything new comes along and I've got to try it. Today I made 2 aprons to take to the most wonderful shop in my neighborhood-- Cobblestone Farms. I babysit a grandson on Mondays, and the rest of the week is usually filled with taking somebody somewhere!!!
Hope you enjoy this site. It's a great place--lots of good advice from some experienced farmfirls.

www.adasadorableaprons.blogspot.com

This is the day that the Lord has made.
Go to Top of Page

Kris Sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Kris
Chickamauga Ga.
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  7:12:42 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Janie. I live in N. Ga. Been thru Ky. alot. Beautiful places there.

I'm like you with babysitting grandkids. I had mine for 3 years. She started kindergarten this year!!!!!!! Yeah!!!! I have a lot of free time now!But I sure do miss her. I'll go get her and spend the afternoon or she'll go to the farmer's market with me. Grandkids are great.

What kind of cattle do you have? I've got 2 Red Angus calves. They're so cute. And a bunch of worthless chickens. A few sheep, goats and pigs. Love the country!

Can't wait to hear more. Kris
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Kentucky Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page