Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  3:24:42 PM  Show Profile
The greenbeans that I planted just a couple of weeks ago (seems like) are blooming! We still have a good month before frost so I should have a nice crop. Sure hope I get some of this produce worked up that is stacked up here in my kitchen before they come on. I have called in some help. Daughter in law is comming to help with the apples. She dosen't know it yet but she is taking home about half the okra that I have put in the freezer.

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  9:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Mine are doing great too Belle. PLanted about 2 weeks ago, but we wont get cooler temps until Nov/Dec and no frost until Dec/Jan so I'm hoping to get a good crop too.
Go to Top of Page

Kris Sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Kris
Chickamauga Ga.
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  6:15:49 PM  Show Profile
I planted my whole garden over about the middle of Aug. I've already picked greens! And my green beans are blooming, too. They were supposed to be a bush bean but I saw some little curly things on some. The blooms are so beautiful. They're purple. I always plant Blue Lake bush but no one had any so had to get a different kind. I'll see soon. This is really exiting to see all the fall produce doing so well. Usually by Aug. I'm ready to quit. But this year I guess I've gotten my second wind.
Good luck to all you fall gardeners out there!
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Greenbeans blooming Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page