CathyM
True Blue Farmgirl

344 Posts

Cathy
Tulsa OK
USA
344 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  5:21:51 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone I have a dilemma. I need to finish 4 more quilts by the end of this month for Habitat for Humanity. I have the tops done and I will be tying them. But I am in need of batting and backing fabric. Does anyone have full/queen or larger batting and/or a large amount of fabric that could be used for backing, any color. Most of the quilt tops are multi color. I am in a financial dilemma right now and didn't see it coming, I didn't realize I was over extending myself, I was hoping for more help from my own community but they didn't step up to the plate. Well, just let me know if any of you can help.

Thank You for reading this,
Cathy

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  5:47:49 PM  Show Profile
Can't help you from here Cathy, but have you tried thrift stores for old sheets? Flannelette makes excellent "batting" for lighter weight quilts (heavier if you double it). Cotton sheets make good backings.
Go to Top of Page

Handdyed4me
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Dawn
Puyallup Wa
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2005 :  04:11:24 AM  Show Profile
Cathy, I noticed there was not a solution to your dillemma. If you still need help, please e-mail me @ sweetiemayhem@hotmail.com with what you need. I joined this site just to be able to respond to you. Thank you for your help to those that need it. Dawn
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic I have a dilemma Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page