Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What thing that you haven't........
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What thing that you haven't........ Next Topic
Page: of 2

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  11:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
~~yet done, would you most like to do?

Oh My...I have a few things (I usually do!) ....I will post ONE after I think which is the most important one to me! I hope this hasn't been one that has already been done..if so kindly let me know!!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  11:17:03 PM  Show Profile
audrey .. even if it has .. we have so many new friends on here .. and i'm sure they would like to play too!

i'd truly like to go into outer space on a 'guest ship' with NASA. probably won't ever realize that one though!
OH .. i do want to be assured of comin' back safe and sound though!

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Georgiann
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Georgiann
Seymour IN
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  03:59:10 AM  Show Profile
I'd like to use my passport. I'm ready.

Georgiann

www.oldsweetsong.blogspot.com
Whatever you do, do it with your whole heart
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  1:35:09 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
I would like to visit Paris. I just signed up for French lessons, so hopefully one day I will be fluent, then my DH won't have an excuss not to take me!

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  1:37:50 PM  Show Profile
Finish writing my book and get it published. I actually have one novel finished, but it is not my best. I love the one that I am workin on now, sooo

Maybe one day!

Farmgirl #170

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  2:11:26 PM  Show Profile
Take a ride in a hot air balloon!
Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  2:25:20 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
I want to return to Australia and New Zealand and tour by motorcycle.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  2:45:09 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
1. Go to the Caribbean and get a massage on one of it's pristine beaches.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

countrygal56
True Blue Farmgirl

221 Posts

Barbara
Dickson Tennessee
USA
221 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  2:51:50 PM  Show Profile
I would love to have my own Craft Store. Have crafts made by other crafters, besides my own. Also teach craft classes to adults and children. I love to design wreaths, so I would love to grow lots of flowers and herbs, to dry and sell, make some dried flower and herb wreaths, for the craft store. Then I could retire from my nursing job!
Go to Top of Page

fionalovesshrek
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Paige
kinston North Carolina
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  5:48:45 PM  Show Profile
I would really like to ride a horse at the beach. Everytime I see that in movies I think it'd be so cool.
P~

www.fionaswampington.blogspot.com

http://homespunhensfarmgirlchapter.blogspot.com/
Man, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many accomplishments, owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains.
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  8:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
owwww Frannie....even if they ASSURED me I would be back Safe and Sound, I wouldn't be able to go...I'm a bit clostrophobic!

Georgiann....I do hope you get to use your Passport soon! Where would you like to go?

Samantha how wonderful that you are learning French!....I took Spanish all through school but still do not speak it well...I just never have had the knack for learning languages easily. I have always admired people who speak several languages fluently.

Until Later,
Audrey

Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  8:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Marcelina..I love your name! Were you named after someone in your family? I have several friends who have written books...I think it is wonderful to have the discipline to write a novel! I have thought of writing a childrens book but haven't even done a first draft! Is the story based on something in your life?

Karen you will have to come to Albuquerque in October for the International Balloon Fiesta! They have many companys that you can arrange to take a ride or if you don't actually want to really go up to high they also have Tethered rides (where the Balloon is attached to a very very long rope). Have you ever come to Albuq for the Fiesta?

Until Later,
Audrey

Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  8:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Oh My Betty Jo that sounds exciting! My Hubby used to ride a Motorcycle in Motocross races (in his youth)for fun!!!! He would love the thought of that! I even had a little Red Honda Trail 90 that I rode once in a while! Ha! I used to be more of a risk taker than I am now! Do you think you might do it one day?

Heather...I do hope you will get to do just that one day...maybe after Hubby gets back!! Sounds like a lovely Get-Away!

Barbara do you work full time as a nurse? What type of crafts do you like to do?

Paige..what a lovely thought! Do you raise horses or ride?

Until Later,
Audrey

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  9:15:28 PM  Show Profile
I would love to learn to play the fiddle.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

fionalovesshrek
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Paige
kinston North Carolina
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  9:35:06 PM  Show Profile
Audrey, I haven't been on a horse in 23 years, but it was sort of natural for me then and I'd like to think it'd be so easy even now.
Maybe one day...I'm not far from the coast so I've got that going for me...which is nice....
P~

www.fionaswampington.blogspot.com

http://homespunhensfarmgirlchapter.blogspot.com/
Man, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many accomplishments, owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains.
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  10:24:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Jenny that reminds me of the line in a wonderful song that I soooo loved, from a singer I soooooo admired....

"Well I got me a fine wife, I got me old fiddle.
When the sun's comin' up I got cakes on the griddle;"

John Denver was a Big Fav or mine! My mother was a gifted violin player when she was young women and played in a womens symphony ...I guess the violin is a little related to the fiddle? She gave my sister and brother violin lessons when they were young and neither of them kept it up for long, so when it came to me (the youngest)...she decided we ought to go in a different direction and gave me Tap Dancing Lessons!! Actually, I would have liked the violin I think!!....

Jenny I really think playing the fiddle would be such FUN!!!! Do you know some place you could take lessons? I would be tempted to join you if you lived closer!!!

Until Later,
Audrey

Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  10:46:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Yes, I do think I will return to Australia and New Zealand. I dropped the bomb on my DH 3 weeks ago. We are planning in 2018 ( doesn't that sound like a long way off) to take a 3-4 week trip. We would love to ship our bike but I think renting will be better on the budget. Thought if we saved for it for the next 10 years we should maybe have enough. Both my Dh and I ride our vintage Endros every chance we get. This fall we are building a motocross track in our yard. With grandbabiies on their way our motto is "From out of the womb to motocross" We have a motocross of everysize. Can't wait to ride with the grandbabies. "Nana's Motorcycle Gang" Looking to the future is so much fun I have to remind myself to live in today sometimes.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

ErinW
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Erin
Corbeil ON
Canada
17 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  2:29:32 PM  Show Profile
Betty Jo,
If you start in New Zealand, you might want to check out a car fair before you look into renting. They have them weekly in Aukland, I think, and usually buying a vehicle there and then selling it again when you go is cheaper than rentinig. I can't guarantee they have bikes, but it might be worth checking.

As for me, I'd like to support myself on my writing and the work of my hands, instead of being chained to a career. I know I'll like teaching, but still... I can dream.

Erin
Go to Top of Page

countrygal56
True Blue Farmgirl

221 Posts

Barbara
Dickson Tennessee
USA
221 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  6:23:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Audrey! I do work fulltime as a nurse. I do have a great job, though. I work with two ladies who have special needs. Plus I have an assistant who works with me. We take care of the ladies in their own home. One needs total care, and the other lady needs just assistance. I work Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. I love to work on crafts, especially wreaths, jewelry, wood work with a scroll saw and painting landscapes. I also enjoy knitting.

What kind of crafts do you enjoy, Audrey?

Barb
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  11:09:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Bless you Barbara for the devoted work you do. I remember when my parents, each in their time, needed extra care in their home....neither of them would consent to moving in with any of us "kids". It was so difficult to get special nursing care....things worked out, but I remember doing lots of running back and forth many times a day to their home (I would do it over again in a heart beat for my wonderful parents)but ............. it was very hard to find responsible caring health-care people here to fill a large portion of any day. You are indeed one of the people that are "heaven sent"!

I spent many years as an Art Educator, so I taught lots of crafts to kids and my personal interests have changed over the years ....I spent a lot of time, at one time, on ceramics (hand building, my favorite)and Jewelry making. Now I have gravitated and evolved into really spending most of my "Hobby" time with sewing. I sew toys for little ones (including dollies)....Aprons!.....pin cushions.....things made from old sweaters......tooth fairy pillows....tote bags.....purses, etc...I also enjoy embellishing things with embroidery!....... and in the winter I enjoy knitting baby things (baby afghans, hats, buntings, booties). I also like to make all kinds of knitted scarfs...shawls...panchos, especially panchos for little ones!..... I am trying to make some time to do some scrapbooking!!! I guess I am the type of person who gets bored just doing one thing!!! Ha!

Until Later,
Audrey

Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  06:33:25 AM  Show Profile
I guess mine is alittle different than everyone elses. I want to qualify for the Nationals Final Rodeo. I have been rodeoing all my life and that's the one thing I have always wanted to do. Surely after 37 years my day will come. Yes, I ran in my first rodeo at the tendar age of 3. I've made it to the World but never the NFR's.
Laura
www.2lmzfarms.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bbteacher
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Bonnie
BALTIMORE Maryland
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  07:24:56 AM  Show Profile
Audrey,

I'd love to see my two boys happily and successfully married to women who will help them grow into the men they're suppose to be! O.K. now that I've been "lofty," I'd loveeeeeeee to learn to play the banjo. I love bluegrass music and secretly wish it could be me playing those banjo solos!

Bonnie
Farmgirl #333
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  07:36:11 AM  Show Profile
To become a published writer is my biggest dream still

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  11:12:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
....Girls, I am really enjoying hearing all that everyone still would like to do. I Do So hope All Of Us will try to find the time in our lives to do them! and I know I still haven't actually listed something for me, although listening to many of your "hopes" has made me realize even More things that I would Definately be interested in Still Doing!!! I lived in NY for several years of my life and have visited there NUMEROUS times over the years, I've been to LOTS of Broadway Plays........ but I have never been to(and this was something I even wanted to do when I was a little girl!!!)........

~~~~~~I would like to go to see the Holiday Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall!!! It has been a NY Legend and I Sooooo enjoy live theatre (acted in a few plays in my time)and continue to do dancing and singing Around my Home!! I'm my Best Audience!!!

Until Later,
Audrey

Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  11:42:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Oh Laura!....I really enjoy watching Rodeo at our State Fair!! (which started here last week)......I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that this is your year!!!

Bonne....I'm with ya! I have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, smart, handsome son (Ha!Ha! like every mother's son!!!)....and I can't wait till he finds just the right wonderful, wonderful, wonderful woman!!!

Annika....what kind of books do you dream of publishing?

Until Later,
Audrey

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9354 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9354 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  1:17:30 PM  Show Profile
I would love to own my own fabric shop. Have talked about it with dh but have never been brave enough nor had the capital to start.

Jenny,
You should find a teacher and get started. My son plays the violin. We asked his teacher what the difference was between violin and fiddle. She said it's just in the way it's held.
thought that was interesting because I always thought one was smaller than the other or something like that.

Denise
farmgirl sister #43

"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What thing that you haven't........ Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page