Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What thing that you haven't........
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What thing that you haven't........ Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  2:58:49 PM  Show Profile
Denise, I think it is the style of music that is played. My grandpa was a fiddle player. He played at house dances back around 1920 or so. My Mom played the violin in the high school and college orchestra. It was the same violin/fiddle.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9354 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9354 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  4:00:00 PM  Show Profile
Belle,
you're right about the style, but most people who play fiddle hold it a bit differently than the violin

Denise
farmgirl sister #43

"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

countrygal56
True Blue Farmgirl

221 Posts

Barbara
Dickson Tennessee
USA
221 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  6:09:23 PM  Show Profile
You know, we all are really talented farmgirls! Everyone of us have something that is very special, even if it is something we hope to do. Farmgirls whether on a farm or a Farmgirl at heart are special people. What a great group! I love this forum!

Barb
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  11:07:58 PM  Show Profile
My youngest daughter just started taking violin lessons at school (she is in middle school now..6th grade) and I DO have my grandpa's fiddle..it needs some restoration though. I plan to get it fixed up when I can afford it and take lessons. Right now with 3 kids playing piano, one flute, one trumpet and one violin (there are four kids..the girls play two things) I can't afford to take lessons myself. It would be fun to learn to play piano too. I figure my turn will come so I will get the fiddle at least fixed and ready for that time. DAughter has her own violin now 3/4 size..she is very small...mine is mine. There WAS a gal here teaching fiddle lessons when we first moved here and I was so tempted to do it and waited and now she has moved away..darn. But I will be asking around for sure.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  11:09:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Oh Erin.....I just noticed you said you know you'll like teaching. Are you just starting out as a new teacher? Going to school? What are you majoring in? I retired from teaching about a year and 1/2 ago. One really nice thing (besides working with the kids) is summers off. You can pursue your dreams and give writing ago. One never knows where things will lead us! Please do fill us in on what your teaching goals are.

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2008 :  11:44:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Denise....Where do you live in New Jersey? My husband is from Southern New Jersey, so I was just wondering....

Until Later,
Audrey

Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  03:38:31 AM  Show Profile
I'd like to go back to Australia
witness the Tour deFrance with my husband
Thought Mardi Gras might be fun but heard how dirty and gross everyone gets. Was able to see the tail end of all the Sturgis Bike Rally goings on this summer. That wasn't on my list, but may take the place of New Orleans
Would like to white water raft

Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  11:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Oh Anna......If you'd like to try White Water Rafting you need to try the Waters around Taos, New Mexico! They have wonderful White Water Rafting trips that they take groups on! My husband and son have gone and What Fun They Had!!!

Until Later,
Audrey

Go to Top of Page

neighsayer
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Shirley
Arabi GA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  05:21:06 AM  Show Profile  Send neighsayer a Yahoo! Message
Hey Audrey: I've done the white water rafting in Taos. Loved it. My guide wasn't too hard on the eyes either! ;) ha ha.Sure didn't want to fall out of that raft though!

Thank God I live in the country!
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  06:32:48 AM  Show Profile
I would just like to finish the projects around the farm that have been started, and left in the middle of progress due to rain, lack of supplies, hay needing to be cut, animals wanting attention, etc. Wouldn't it be nice to just wake up one morning and realize just HALF the unfinished projects were completed??? AHHHHHHHHH!!!! It's a good thing I love living on a farm!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What thing that you haven't........ Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page