Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  7:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I was shocked to learn how cheap they are! Wow! Tomorrow I am going to take her for a trial run. I have an errand that I need to run that requires a lot of standing around time. It drives Nora crazy so maybe she will be happier playing.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  3:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh! I just went to my first Accounting class. It is the second part of a class I took almost 2.5 years ago... Yipes! I am in trouble...

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  2:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am taking very extensive notes on my accounting reading and I am starting to think that maybe I might make it through the class after all.

Heather- How are you doing?

Jodi- Aren't you attending classes this semester also?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2008 :  05:57:31 AM  Show Profile
Alee and Heather sounds like you both have leaped head first into your studies this semester. I'm still getting my list of reading material together and starting. My class is a directed study that I am doing on my own, but I am required to read around 4000 pages and then write a report. At first I was like...sure I can do that some reading and write a paper....now I'm hyperventilating over the 4000 pages!

Alee it's great that there is a place for Nora to go play. That should give you some quiet time for studies. Miss K is 10 so we try to have study/reading time together. She thinks it's really neat that mom has homework too.

Before we know it the semester will be over and we'll all be chatting about classes for next semester.

Donna....true blue KY farmgirl, farmgirl #86
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2008 :  06:19:08 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I can't for next semester..I will be SOOOOOO close to graduating!! YEAH!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2008 :  07:12:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Donna- Do you know what book you will be reading next semester? Is there any way for you to get it early, like over the Christmas break and start reading? I bet you will do great though! Just analyze how much reading per day you will have to do to be successful. Perhaps you can put daily or weekly markers to let you know at a glance if you are on target.

If you want I have a very Farmgirl bookmark that I could send you, email me your address if you would like!

Yeah Heather! I am so glad that you are so close to graduating! I'll be right behind you...just by a few semesters! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2008 :  08:51:21 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Alee and all- all ya'll are invited to my graduation...Texas is big enough to handle all ya'll!! HA!!! I am so excited. I love school but I am worn down with studying and bookwork and textbooks and deadlines..oh boy!!! I have done 3 years of school in 2 years, so I am ready just to work. ha!!

Donna- I found that if I read 3-5 pages a day, by the end of the week, that is 21-25 pages down. That also allows me to take notes and not have to back track or forget what I just read. I also use those sticky tabs to mark important pages. Good luck!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2008 :  12:58:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
YAHOO! I am done ahead in Math, my history I can't do because I don't have my book, I can do my Psychology on Monday when the exam is due, and I can do my Research paper tomorrow when it is due!
I am starting to get a grasp on my Accounting. I have the Celine Dion o/~ "It's all coming back to me now!" o/~ lyrics running through my head! :D I am remembering a bit from my previous class and have been taking copious notes! I will be doing more study tomorrow and Monday and even Tuesday morning, but I only have 5 pages left in the chapter and several practice accounts to work on, so I think I am in good shape! Hurray! That means I get to work on my swaps that I am sadly behind in!!

Heather-

I would love to come to your graduation, but we'll have to see how finances are working out.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  3:49:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi College Gals!!

Today Homework day! I am caught up on my math homework after being sick all week. Now I am just about to take the Unit Exam. So far I am getting 100% in the course so wish me luck!

Then I have to do my Research class paper. I am not enjoying this class.

Then I need to read my Accounting text, make copious notes and flash cards.

Then I need to read my philosophy text as I have a paper and test tomorrow. Yipes! I guess I better get back to my book-learning! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  4:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
Girl I have 2 guided reading models and reflections to do. The weekend was just TOO pretty to do school work. Worth being behind!!

Samantha

www.myspace.com/elphie0503

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.~~Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  5:07:43 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Good luck Alee!! Exams are my nightmare... I never test well. I have 3 BIG projects due within the next 2 weeks, on top of my internship, working, Charlie, Charlie, Charlie and homework. ha!! I love my life!!! I thrive on chaos!!!

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  5:36:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Exam done +5 extra bonus points. I am pretty sure I did great on the exam. Let's hope I watched my signs and such. That is my biggest downfall.

Now on to dreaded research and if I have to I can keep philosophy and accounting over until tomorrow, but I would like to get a good start on it today.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  7:02:30 PM  Show Profile
How are classes going for everyone this week? I just found out Sunday that 5 of the books I need to read this semester are available from my local library. I was doin' a happy dance since one of the books is $35 and the other four are all around $28 a piece. Now to just get them read and paper written.

Donna...true blue KY farmgirl, farmgirl #86
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  7:11:03 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I totally blew a test but I am challenging the timing. It is 61 questions in 60 minutes, most of the questions being 2 lines long and then 4 even longer answers, plus the time it takes for the computer to analyze the answer and move onto the next one and there were 20 matching terms at the end of the test that I never even made it too. The problem is you have to go in order with the test, no flipping around, so I ran out of time. I thought it totally unfair and challenged the test. Even an extra 10 minutes would have been helpful.

Anywho..moving on and studying hard....

Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  8:00:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Heather! That really isn't fair! That isn't a test! That is asking the student to just parrot back information. That doesn't prove absorption of the topic! *hugs* Talk to the dean of the college if you need to! I hope they let everyone re-take it with a more reasonable time limit. My psychology class has weekly exams that are only 25 (HARD!!) questions but we get 2 hours.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  9:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Tomorrow is the next Accounting quiz. So I am reading and taking copious notes and putting forth my best effort to understand the concepts. I find it really interesting. Especially since the book gives a lot of real world examples with only slightly altered numbers. I feel like these accounting classes are really going to give me a leg up for investing and such later in life. Yay!

After every section or so, I am getting up, checking in on the forum, moving laundry around and getting a drink of water. I think it gives my brain a good chance to rest and recover and helps me re-focus on the task at hand.

What are your study tricks?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  2:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Just got back from taking my test and I think I did really well! There were only two that I was kind of "iffy" on and the rest the numbers all came out perfectly!! I am so excited to see what my score is on Tuesday!!! WOO HOO! Studying is paying off at long last!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  4:59:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yay! I got my second to last book today! Which is a good thing, since the mid-term is due Friday! Yikes!

Good thing I am actually excited about reading this text! I think it is going to be really exciting. I love history and especially ancient ancient history! My mid term is from Mesopotamia to the fall of Rome! So excited! I have a drink, a snack, my notebook, a new pen, and my new book all laid out on my bed. I am going to lounge and read since I am going to be reading 5 chapters of history tonight- I want to be comfortable :D Yay! So much stress is lifting right now!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  4:07:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hey Gals! How is studying going? I am working on Psychology today!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  07:45:02 AM  Show Profile
I will start attending in January. I'm a little nervous because I have not been to classes since 1995. Jumping in with both feet and going for it.

Sherone
Independent Avon Representative

http://www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

http://taylorscountrystore.blogspot.com/

http://sheronesgarden.tripod.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  12:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is AWESOME Sherone! It can be a bit tough dusting off the study skills, but I must say I feel more like myself now that I am back in school. My brain is working hard again and while sometimes it is frustrating, it feels really great.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  8:55:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thought I would give you all my Sunday Update:

I got my math homework done! Every bit of it! I am really proud of myself as the last couple weeks has been a struggle to make myself get it done. I know it is "good" for me in both that I will have a degree and that exercising my brain is a good idea too.

I also got my research homework done. It was a guided library search feature and I followed all the directions but couldn't get the interface to do everything that was expected. I hope some of them are trick questions. If not I am going to call my professor to see what I did wrong.

Starting to be crunch time. I have two papers to do for Research. One is actually a paper and and one is a presentation. Psychology and Math will just roll along as they are until the end of the semester so no stress there, and then History.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Welcome back to College! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page