CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  12:37:37 AM  Show Profile
o.k. .. o.k. jus' ONE more .. but it is an important one.

Wilma .. i am truly sorry if i have EVER offended you. If i have .. it was certainly unintentional. xo, frannie

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  01:10:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Wow Frannie...You are up as late as me tonight! I did have a cup of coffee from Starbucks tonight while I browsed a little at Borders Bookstore right near my house! That could be the Culprit!! Sorry that there seems to be an issue of some sort?? I do not see anything offensive in your writing. I don't even see it as talking politics......which is FINE anyway unless we become "slanted" instead of just discussing and we all forget and do that at times....CAUSE we are human!!!.......

HOWSOMEVER>>>>>>>>>>>>that is not what I hear in your writing on this thread. I see it as a Flashback......I lived through lots of the memories that you spoke of! Thanks for sharing them!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

neighsayer
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Shirley
Arabi GA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  04:03:31 AM  Show Profile  Send neighsayer a Yahoo! Message
I'm new here, but heck, just give whoever my vote because I'm sure she's a good woman if she's on this site! :) By the way, I like the ship em to Baghdad idea a lot. ha ha

Thank God I live in the country!
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  07:14:38 AM  Show Profile
I don't see anything offensive in what was posted. I think they were only facts of the past and part of our American history...plus an observation of someone who has worked around our government. I found it interesting...maybe there needs to be a little less over-sensitivity?

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  07:46:39 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by junkjunkie

I don't see anything offensive in what was posted. I think they were only facts of the past and part of our American history...plus an observation of someone who has worked around our government. I found it interesting...maybe there needs to be a little less over-sensitivity?

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main

I found it VERY interesting to read too!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
my new BLOG
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  07:57:43 AM  Show Profile
Perhaps when we name the bad things we should name all the bad qualities of all the presidents like the soldiers that lost their lives in a horrible war or the poor soldiers of the The Bay Of pigs In my life time I have been thru all of this, Many years ago I worked in politics and I can assure you that it can be very unpleasant.We all have opinions , have had a lot of experiences but if there is anything that that might cause conflict amongst farmgirls we should not do it.

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  11:10:49 AM  Show Profile
Hello all.
Let's use this thread as a good example of how ANY discussion about politics or religion can so easily veer off course and into arguments and misunderstandings. Even if we're discussing politics (or religion) as a part of our personal history or some other seemingly innocent angle, it seems to go this way. Let's try to keep off these topics all together, period.
Thanks!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Farmgirl Candidate Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page