JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  06:27:45 AM  Show Profile
I'm so dang tired this morning I can hardly keep my eyes open. I'm getting plenty of sleep; I think it's a combination of the shorter days and my job that is wearing me down. It's still dark now at 6:00 when I wake up, and it's dark again by 8:00 pm. I get up and dressed, feed the cat, dog, and myself, drive 40 minutes to work, then sit in a windowless basement office, stare at a computer screen for 6 hours. That CANNOT be good for anybody!
I like the people I work with a lot, but I'm not that fond of my job. It is extremely routine, and I'm bored with it. I'm itching to get something closer to home and maybe outside. I saw a job posting in the paper this weekend for a dairy farm one town over looking for someone to help with the milking and barn scraping, and I REALLY wanted to apply for it, but my husband said no way. I'll admit I've been pouting over that one all week.

doglady
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Tina
Howard Ohio
USA
435 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  06:35:04 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jessie,
You are definately bored with your job. I would start an organized search for a position closer to home and I would also start looking at your current postion to see what new things that you can learn. (you can always take the new skills to the next position) I would plan on doing just one thing for yourself each week that you would enjoy. It's ok to pamper yourself every now and then.
Tina

You can tell your dog all of your secrets and they'll never say a word!
www.kennelcreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  06:38:53 AM  Show Profile
Nothing like an unfullfilling job to drain your tank. Keep watching the paper and believe that just the right job will come along. When things are about to get me down, I keep saying over and over, "This too, shall pass".
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  06:57:46 AM  Show Profile
You could also be suffering from lack of sunlight. I have Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and it's caused by the lack of sunlight. Get yourself a desk lamp that has a full spectrum bulb and then set it up on your desk and use it the whole time you are at work. It won't help with being bored from your job but it will help with the blues. Sounds like you need more outdoor time girl. At least take some walks during your day to get out in the sunshine! And yes, keep looking for a job closer to home.

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!

Edited by - acairnsmom on Sep 04 2008 06:58:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  06:59:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I agree! Plus it sounds like you are seriously missing some sunshine! You can try to supplement with Vitamin D, but the thing the doctors have always recommend for me in situations like that is to take the time to go tanning for 8-10 minutes a couple of times a week! Oh my gosh! The RUSH you get from tanning! It's amazing! You always come out of the booth smiling!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  07:32:27 AM  Show Profile
hope the sun is shinin' on you again real soon. if it gets worse, you might want to check in with your doc. but i'm sure you are right .. life jus' sometimes lets us know we have to go in a different direction! xo

True Friends * KENTUCKY FRANNIE

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  08:19:01 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like a vacation is in order for you Jessie...at least it might refuel you so you have the energy to reevaluate things clearly. Hang in there. Hopefully something will open up for you. I usually find when I'm discontented or out of steam that a door opens up with an opportunity I hadn't perceived during my "funk." Hope it's the same for you.
Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  08:57:46 AM  Show Profile
Jessie, I definatly would say look for another job. I can tell you I have been in a job that drained my soul dry and it was an awful place to be in. It will make you sad and your husband miserable. I can tell you that. I will be praying for your situation. Oh and I giggle everytime I see your name, I call my youngest JesaMae

AngiKay-farmgirl sister #301
www.angikay.etsy.com
Heart of TX chapter
Be strong and Courageous. Jos. 1:9

Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Running on Empty Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page