Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!(Yes I am shouting...)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!(Yes I am shouting...) Next Topic  

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2005 :  10:26:38 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls! I can't tell you how strongly I feel about this but I will try. Whenever a child (mine or others) gets in my car, we don't move until we are buckled,ALL of us. I never pull out before buckling, NEVER. I won't drive with anyone in my car unbuckled, and I mean ANYONE, big burly men included.I have always felt this way and now I know why.

Just over a week ago I was less than a mile from my house when out of nowhere a woman in her 60's did not stop for a Stop sign and plowed into my car, totalling it and trapping me in the car for nearly an hour. I was wearing my seatbelt. The car was totalled and declared a loss at the scene but I sustained some very major bruises, bumps and hit my head but I was not totalled. The police officer who knew me kept saying "Thank God you always wear your seatbelt and the kids weren't with you". His son has frequently been in my car. I have been feeling the effects all week and bemoaning the loss of my dependable and beloved car but I am still here. WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!!!
(And yes, I am thanking God...)
with a happy heart

Edited by - bramble on Nov 05 2005 10:29:53 AM

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2005 :  12:21:14 PM  Show Profile
Bramble!!!!! Thank God you are alright, and I hope you do not have any delayed problems crop up. It is so scary to be in an accident, and I am so grateful you are alright and that you were wearing your seatbelt. Thinking of you, dear friend and farmgirl! Bless you!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16401 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16401 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2005 :  12:33:56 PM  Show Profile
I second that! Where would the farmgirl movement and this forum be without our Bramble. With regards to insurance companies, I discovered, after my house burned down, that I had just inherited a new full-time job--filing the claim! Be diligent and don't take no for an answer--hard to do when you've just gone through a near-tragedy. So happy to know you're still "with a happy heart." As Lorij always says, "Be safe!"
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2005 :  12:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
AND A BOOSTER SEAT FOR ANYONE UNDER 80 LBS!!My poor husband has had to retreive a toddlers body from a tree and an another time a ditch. Both were deceased and flew out thru the windshield on impact. Horrible and heartbreaking for everyone on scene. I know as kids get older they don't want to sit in them, but they MUST!

PS Glad you are okay Ms. Bramble!

Edited by - Fabulous Farm Femmes on Nov 05 2005 11:28:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2005 :  3:41:33 PM  Show Profile
OH Bramble!!!!!!! So glad you are still safe. Sending lots of ((HUGGS)) but not too tight, I know they probably hurt a little.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

FarrarFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

330 Posts

Lynda
Frohna Missouri
USA
330 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2005 :  08:39:48 AM  Show Profile
Bramble,
Thanks for letting us know about your accident, I, too am so glad that you are okay and came through without anymore seious injuries than what you had. And you should yell about wearing seat belts, it is very important and very much necessary to save lives as you are a living testament to that very fact.

Let your body heal and take it slow to give it the time it needs. I will be praying for a complete recovery without any lasting setbacks. So glad you are with us, Bramble.

In His hands,
Lynda

Pray in faith and you will not live in doubt.
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2005 :  1:24:47 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone! I am taking it easy and there are only two days of school this week so my recovery has been extended without too much trouble.Thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers, but aside from blowing off some steam, I really feel so strongly about wearing seatbelts that I had to share the story with you all. It doesn't matter where you are or how far you are going...Please stay safe for you loved ones and buckle up! Love to you all!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  08:03:21 AM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Glad you are okay Bramble! How scary!
Go to Top of Page

prairiemaid
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Margret

Canada
200 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  08:58:46 AM  Show Profile
Thank goodness you are alright!!!
Seatbelts are the LAW here but I know there are still lots that don't use theirs. I don't get it, especially when it comes to children. Wake up!

Call me old fashioned.
Go to Top of Page

Kate
MaryJane's Farmgirl

135 Posts

Kate
Moscow ID
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  09:28:28 AM  Show Profile
Bramble~ Hugs and Kisses from us at the farm!! We are sure glad you're safe. It really brings it home when something happens to ones we know. We're glad you're doing good.
Kate

Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it.....unless they are spelling mistakes.
Go to Top of Page

ladybugsmom6
True Blue Farmgirl

128 Posts

Tami
Horicon WI
USA
128 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2005 :  3:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Click to see ladybugsmom6's MSN Messenger address
I totally agree. 6 years ago we were also in a simular accident my husband was driving and we had two little babies in the van. I praise God we always wear seatbelts, and also that you do too! My best advice Bramble is to be seen by a chiropractor. Evenif your back isnt hurting now, you can save alot of trouble in the years to come just keeping your spine in line, our spines are our nerve centers!

-Tami
livin' right and loven' life!
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic WEAR YOUR SEATBELTS!(Yes I am shouting...) Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page