Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2008 :  9:17:36 PM  Show Profile
I know this may be silly to some but I would really like some prayers for my sick puppy. He is at the vets right now and when I took him in yesterday he had had a seizer ( I am sure I spelled that wrong) and his sugar was down and he was not eating either. the vet said he is doing better but I really want him to come home healthy. He is only 2 pounds and 8 weeks old. He is just a sweetie. I will updated you when I hear. Beverley

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2008 :  9:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Beverley- I hope your puppy feels better soon!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  05:43:07 AM  Show Profile
Well the vet last night said he was feeling better but I could not pick him up till today. this is a vet that I had to use because of the holiday weekend and mine are closed and this guy is on call. I like it better when the ones from my vets are the ones on call. they take turns with this guy. and I did not like his attitude last night at all. I feel like he was holding my puppy hostage and not letting him come home so he could make more money. He was very rude. So I will be very happy when I go and get him this morning and be able to take care of him myself again. thanks for well wishes. Beverley

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  05:53:35 AM  Show Profile
Beverley,

You are not being silly at all. We all love our pets. Sending you the best of wishes that he feels better and you are able to take him home as soon as possible!!

Farmgirl #170

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  12:11:50 PM  Show Profile
What kind of puppy do you have Beverley? When I got my Chihuhua monster (trust me, he EARNED the "monster" part) he was less than 2lbs. I was told by the person I bought him from that small dogs often have a hard time maintaining their sugar levels and she told me to give him a special supplement to help avoid a potential problem.

I can't remember what it was, other than it was in a white tube and it was some kind of paste. I gave him a little bit in his food each time I fed him. I think you can find it at any feed store, pet store, or mail order catalogues that sell pet products (maybe even a health food store in the pet department?). Gosh, I wish I could remember what it was!! You might also look on some of the Holistic pet care sites and see what they have to say about your puppy's condition. (What did the vet say it was?) It would't hurt to look it up, and you might just save lots of $$$ in the long run too! I hope all is well now. Hugs~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  2:35:59 PM  Show Profile
My puppy came home today. he is a dachshund/maltese and is very little. The vet sent him home with some nutri-cal that is in a white tube and I have been making sure he gets some all day today. I notice the other pups ,his littler mates just eat better than he does at all feeding so I am making sure to give him this. Is that what it was? But he is home I am happy. He is such a little fluff ball. All my other litters I have had have never been this tiny before so I am new to this little teeny tiny ones. They are just so darn cute. The one sister though is 2 times bigger than all of them. She is going to new home this weekend but the rest may be staying here cause I just can't seem to part with any of them... Beverley Thanks for the well wishes

Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  5:59:58 PM  Show Profile
Beverley,
It is not silly at all to ask for prayers for our pets. They are part of God's creation and He certainly cares for them as well.

What caused your puppy to have a seizer? Was it due to low blood sugar? Poor little guy. I am glad he is home. Prayers for a good recovery. :)

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  6:22:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Glad he is doing so much better!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  6:27:29 PM  Show Profile
Yes the seizer was due to low blood sugar. he is 8 weeks old and only weighs about 2 pounds. so he can go down really fast. I have never had this happen before so I was not ready for it. He is doing better but I am not so sure he is all what he should be but I think he will need a few days still to be all back to normal. thanks for best wishes and prayers. Beverley

Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  7:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
i would rather be sick than my fur babies, i am so glad your pup is doing better, we have to pray for our "kids" they are people too!!!!!! keep us posted...Debbie

Farmgirl Sister #324

duty makes us do things, but love, makes us do things beautifully...
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  06:32:12 AM  Show Profile
I hope your little pup continues to pull through. it's so scary especially for such a small puppy!

don't feel badly, there are many of us whos'e fur babies are our children, and to pray for them is normal.

the vet we go to prays for his clients and animals in fact on the front of their clinic it plainly says "Deadicated To Serving Jesus Christ.

pretty cool

hugs from NC
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  06:56:24 AM  Show Profile
Hope the pup continues to do well today - our pets are as much family as the kids! We've been thru some scary times with them as well, and thank the Lord we have good vets in our area! Just wish we could put the dogs on our health insurance too...
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  07:56:22 AM  Show Profile
I'm glad to hear your little fur baby is doing better. I love looking at your blog and all your wonderful doggies. They are such incredible creatures and important parts of our lives.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  09:56:00 AM  Show Profile
Well my puppy went back to the vets today. I went to my own vets , ohhh I like him so much better than the guy who was filling in. My puppy is still having hypoglycemic problems. I have to give him 2 ml of dextrose every 4 hours and make sure he eats every 2 hours. I had to put his food in the blender just to get him to eat it. He still isn't eating . So Ihave to put it in a syringe and practically force feed him. so that is not fun. I will keep you updated.. Beverley with the extra E

Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  10:03:40 AM  Show Profile
Beverley, I sure hope your lil furbaby feels better soon! Hypoglycemia can be a problem in toy breeds such as yorkies, maltese, etc. Edited to add, I had a yorkie who stopped eating, etc and discovered it was because she was dehydrated. I had to have the vet put her on an iv for several hours, and after that she was her old self again.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

Edited by - dkelewae on Sep 02 2008 10:04:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  12:06:26 PM  Show Profile
Dont feel bad about asking for prayers for your wee one. Our pets are our babies. I have two goats that when they were pooping funny, gues who's running stool samples to the vet for alb dx'ing. Then for a couple of days, I follwed them around, kind of like a stalker, watching them both poop so I could make sure their worming meds were working.....With my two grown daughters, now my critters, mother's work is never done......thank goodness....

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Sick puppy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page