mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2008 :  4:04:11 PM  Show Profile
We have three really fat squirrels near the house. Every morning when we get up, they've each carried a full corn cob to our picnic table and have eaten it there! The empty cobs are always on the table.....not the benches! I clean up their mess and the next morning there's three more empty cobs in practically the same positions as the day before! Who says you can't train squirrels??!!! Susan

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2008 :  4:23:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is so funny, Susan! I had a squirrel in my yard once that would drink out of our glasses if we left them in the yard.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2008 :  5:58:56 PM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
I could watch and hear stories of animals all day long, what joy and laughter and a sense of all is right with the world in our creature friends, thanks for sharing, I am jealous, I can't do a thing with my squirrels!!! Debbie

Farmgirl Sister #324

duty makes us do things, but love, makes us do things beautifully...
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  05:36:56 AM  Show Profile
You're so lucky to have polite squirrels. Around here all we have are the juvenille delinquent ones who terrorize the bird feeders and hummingbird feeders, dig up my plants and bulbs, chew on our wood privacy fence, steal tomatoes off the plants, and are a general nuisance!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  11:18:22 AM  Show Profile
They must have been sent to etiquette class. My squirrels like to empty the bird feeders and generally create havoc.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  2:58:44 PM  Show Profile
I don't even see any squirrels in my yard here...lots of birds and the occasional racoon or skunk and deer in winter..but for some reason no squirrels!! Maybe all the dang grasshoppers are scaring them off. I LOVE that your have polite squirrels Susan..how funny!! I love to watch squirrels! We had chipmunks out where we camp and the kids had fun leaving tidbits for them and watching them play and all....I just love wildlife of all kinds

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  6:12:14 PM  Show Profile
Hubby got home from work today at 6:30am and told me the squirrels must've had an early breakfast because the cobs were already on the table! Our oldest grandson gets the biggest kick out of this! Oh the simple joys of life! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Clemys Farm Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Linda
MA
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  7:08:50 PM  Show Profile
We have a squirrel who has become fond of visting the porch to sit on the "cushioned, pillowed just right for relaxing swing".

From the dining room window, he can be seen walking the tightrope wires to the house or shimmy side up, all stretched out climbing up the porch columns.

His antics keep us amused. Especially his swinging from the line of hanging watering cans and plants to try to outwit the bird feeder devices.

We once left a bag of mixed bird seed in a covered basket on the potters bench. Mr. Squirrel had a feast of a day with his discovery.

Adorable --- but very bold in taking over the porch swing every day for his relaxation.

If you try to shoo him away, he will chatter back.

It takes quite a bit of persuading to get him off the swing and porch.

Aunt Clemys Farm Girl
Farm Girl #300

Kansas to Massachusetts
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic My squirrels have manners! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page