Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What is the best thing that happened this week?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What is the best thing that happened this week? Next Topic
Page: of 3

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  5:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
The best thing that happened to me this week was being able to see two of my four grandchildren and then winding up the week at home puttering around doing "homey things", like hanging out clothes and arranging wheat I confiscated from the field behind my house ;), and getting in one last bbq before the weather goes south.
Firemamma glad you're okay. I'm looking forward to meeting you, so don't be going anywhere!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2008 :  8:57:39 PM  Show Profile
The best thing this week was getting to spend the entire day with my daughter on Sunday, at our favorite place. We had a great time!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2247 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2247 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  12:41:47 AM  Show Profile
The best thing this week was a visit from my oldest daughter on Wednesday and yesterday my Granddaughter came to visit.

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  06:37:10 AM  Show Profile
Well, mine was a gentle nudge from Starbucks of all places!! I was feeling overwhelmed, and a bit "put upon". I have the big fair to get ready for this week and I haven't had a lot of time to do it - son and dil sold their house and I've been helping them clean every day, and other dd and her boyfriend came to spend the weekend with us, and I was fielding calls from my other two kids, who were calling just to chat. I went to Starbucks just to take a breather, and when I got my coffee, I read the quote they always put on the side of the cup. It really made me calm down and reevaluate my attitude when I read "You know you are a success in life when your adult children want to spend time with you." Enough said.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Tracey
True Blue Farmgirl

766 Posts

Tracey
State of Confusion
USA
766 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  08:11:10 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations on Oliver, Melanie

Amanda, that's scary...I was wearing those shoes one day as well and was quite relieved to find it wasn't cancer.

This is a rough week. My horse has a cloudy eye and I'm so strapped financially at the moment I can't afford the farm call. Just put hay in the barn and bought gravel for the paddocks. I know...one should always have just a little reserve, right? But I've been waiting for a couple of weeks on a check which is late, which now has me overdrawn...sigh... So the best thing is knowing that despite all of this, God is still in control and loves me regardless of my inadequacies. And now that it's 8 am, I guess I ought to go pick up some ointment for that eye.

Desperate Horsewife, raising funds for the Mustang Makeover!
http://desperate-horsewife.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  10:26:36 AM  Show Profile
Well, it's last week now, but i spent the week on a camping trip with my family. Husband and I went for a 20 mile bike ride that was literally one half uphill and one half downhill. (I liked the downhill parts!) I got to spend some time alone hiking up the creek, we visited friends that we only see when we're on this annual camping trip, and I bought myself some fine, fine art at the local antiques mall (that's a joke, it's a junky old oil painting). In short, the whole week was a best thing.
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  10:57:25 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I visited my amazing man and family in Goldsboro NC and loved EVERY second of it! :)

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://ligonierfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  11:14:58 AM  Show Profile
This tread has been so much fun to read - nice to hear good news instead of bad!

This weekend - did the flowers for a beautiful outdoor wedding, had a great camping weekend with my family, topped off the weekend playing at a great Lake MI beach, but the best surprise was....
sat to relax with a complementary copy of Florist Review magazine only to find out that they sent me a copy because they featured one of my bouquets in the "Picture-Perfect Floral Trends" article of the Sept. '08 issue!

Ann
Forrester Farm
http://picasaweb.google.com/FORRESTERFARM/FORRESTERFARMWEDDINGS
Go to Top of Page

misstilliewillie
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

glory
Tennessee
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  12:01:18 PM  Show Profile

Well, I made 2 enormous window boxes with my own little, short fingernailed hands, painted them, planted them up and hung them...well, hung them up with the help of a large, burly man friend. I'll take a photo and post it, because I'd love for you all to see them...
'cause I'm kinda proud!
I've been making shutters for some windows at my barn, but haven't finished them yet. My Aunt gave me some of the cutest kittens in the entire world, and my Blushing Bride hydrangeas I planted are showing off! They are blooming...pinks, cream, and the palest of greens..all on the same shrub. Lovely!
And I must say, as somebody that lived through Hurricane Katrina...I'm so happy that Gustav
wasn't as bad as predicted! I'd been keeping my fingers crossed for all those in the path!

livin' the sweet life!
Go to Top of Page

scurran
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Sara
St. Louis Missouri
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  8:07:57 PM  Show Profile
The best thing for me was that I got to spend 2 whole days off with my husband. He's a musician. I'm a banker. I work Monday thru Friday (sometime Saturdays) and he works Thursday thru Saturday (sometimes Sundays). So we had all day Sunday AND Monday off together. I love bank holidays! We went to the Art Museum and out to lunch! It's the little things!!!

And only 33 days until vacation!!!!

Sara

**Be the change you want to see in the world**
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  8:58:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
So far this week has been great for me. The best thing that has happened so far this week is the amount of joking and talking my husband and I have gotten to do. We go in cycles and I love it when we are both playful and joking together.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  4:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Ohmygosh! I am so much more out of touch than I realized. Will be posting more on this under "slow speed internet" in a few minutes.

Dawn, my darlin' girl! I love you back - but you know that already!

The best thing that happened to me this week was getting a phone call from Dawn, deeredawn, Dawn my deere. She called because as she was writing an e-mail to me her electricity went out. What she doesn't know is that I had someone sneak up there to cut the electricity so that she'd be so frustrated at having to rewrite the e-mail she'd just call me. Unfortunately the phone was in my purse which I left in the car while making food pantry deliveries but I sure had a big smile on my face when I saw that I'd gotten a call from her, Dawn, deeredawn, Dawn my deere.

Cutting of the mutual admiration society post now so as not to make anyone nauseous.

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

misstilliewillie
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

glory
Tennessee
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  6:00:58 PM  Show Profile
Here's a photo of my windowboxes I built myself...I made them out of recycled old baseboards a friend gave me...

livin' the sweet life!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  6:28:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Glory- Those look fantastic!! Very Farmgirl Chic!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  7:32:47 PM  Show Profile
KAREN!!! rotfl!! lmbo! lol! and guess what? I'm laughing! You're a nut!

Dawn M. Sista #279 (big grin!)
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com
http://gypsycowgirlcreations.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  09:28:46 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Another thing - the helanthis (I really need to learn how to spell that word) planted by my dad are blooming again! Last year they fizzled out and I thought they weren't going to come back. There are patches of them (also known as "Stairway to Heaven") throughout the garden. We just really got back into gardening this year and it's like my dad is smiling down from heaven on it. Pretty cool!

God bless -
Karen
Farmgirl Sista #311
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  09:54:15 AM  Show Profile
I called my boss this morning for a random day off. She annoys me about some things, but she is great for working with you for days off, unless the crew is short handed. I got up this morning feeling like....ugh...I really don't feel like going to work... Amanda, I'm glad everything is ok. That's very scary, and I'm glad you addressed it! Glory, great job in the window boxes! I'm impressed that you did that yourself!

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

steeleyedjack
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Constance
Erwinna PA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  10:17:53 AM  Show Profile
WOW!! spread the joy. i've been gone for a long time from this beautiful community to build my horse farm and it is just so heartwarming to see all y'all doing wonderfully well and keeping each other going during difficult times. the best thing about to happen to us here is HANNAH. Bring it on baby! Well back to cleaning gutters and setting up rain barrrels. chat with y'all soon.
Constance

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll
get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  11:31:53 AM  Show Profile
The best thing that happened to me this week was an out of the blue call from my 90 something year old Uncle. He just called to say hello and to tell me he loved me. I was so touched...

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  11:32:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The very best thing happened to me this week! I was given all my Math books for FREE! Ladies, this saved me $153 that I must admit- was going to be a huge tight squeeze for me! Hurray! I am so very happy!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  11:43:51 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by mikesgirl

"You know you are a success in life when your adult children want to spend time with you." Enough said.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba

What a wonderful quote! And I absolutely believe it's true. I've always felt very honored that my kids like me as a person and not just because I'm their mom.

"Nature always has the last laugh." Mrs. Greenthumbs

Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  1:42:30 PM  Show Profile
I am a babysitter and the mom bought me a new pair of shoes just because! What a great surprise! I love shoes and that was on top of my regular pay. So that was the good thing that happened to me this week.
Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  1:46:45 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
My Grandmother has been in a rehab home for the last month--she is a cancer survivor that had an adverse reaction to chemo/radiation. So, she has been in "prison" (as she calls it) until yesterday!!!! It's so nice to have her home!!! We're so blessed that she is healthy again.

Samantha

www.elphie0503.blogspot.com

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort~~Albright

Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  4:19:50 PM  Show Profile
great news Samantha!

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  4:44:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Amanda...I had a very similar scare about 10 years ago....and found out I have those too! I Was also told cutting down on some Caffeine might help. I know how scared you must have been....It really shook me up too!

Best thing that happend today was that I found out Hubby and I will be leaving on a little trip in the next few weeks to Seattle, Vancouver and Victoria!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What is the best thing that happened this week? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page