Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Isn't this going a little far???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Isn't this going a little far??? Next Topic
Page: of 2

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  11:58:27 AM  Show Profile
Alee,
It means "my inquiring mind wants to know."

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  1:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Just thought I would interject a little here....Everyone has been so considerate and "right on" with expressing the True Farmgirl Spirit that I was reluctant to add anything, as I really feel that there are only so many ways we can say the same thing.............. but I Do feel being an active part of a group is being just that ... trying to be an active participant. Sooooo I am gonna add my little "ditty" ......

I do so appreciate the fact that we are a diverse group....actually that is what I so enjoy and love about MJFarmgirl Connection. Lord knows I feel I have learned so much from everyone and I hope in my small way I have been contributing a little. I Do feel that PASSION is a part of being Human and without Passion for different ideals, thoughts, etc. we would be a sad group of people...And we are Far From being a Sad Group of People here! I adore hearing everyones comments on this forum....

To Continue, With That Said...I wanted to add that it is very easy in our Passionate Human Being State, to at times voice opinions that can so easily become "Generalizations." Not because we wish to hurt others...not because we meant to come out sounding like a generalization but BECAUSE we are Human and have PASSION! It is therefore that I mention this because although we may not enjoy having to stop and think before pressing SUBMIT we must on topics that in our hearts we know are HOT Topics!! We are not all Christian or Jewish or Muslim or Buddhist (please forgive if I left someone out)and we are not all Democrat or Republican, so I do indeed feel on these issues we need to be exceptionably cautious when we write our thoughts....

Having been a teacher for many years I know how easily these kinds of discussions on Politics can get "Out of Control," purely because we are human ...... And being I am a religious minority I have learned to overlook......smile through....be happy for others....ignore with an open heart when certain Religious things come up, without any others realizing it, Because they are human, they at times use generalizations. I've had over 63 yrs to (ok so I have let the cat out of the bag on that, but I'm told I look sooooooo way much younger :) ) see and hear that however "Wellmeaning"..... things can become Slanted........................These are MY thoughts and I hope that they will be taken with an open mind and a kind heart.

Anyhoooooo in Summary.......I do not say I am opposed to discussions on these topics .....Thank Goodness for Free Speech in America!.....but I do say we MUST be overly thoughtful in how we express ourselves on these Passionate Issues in a Forum of Wonderful "Sisters' that we hope will always feel Welcome and to continue the Spirit of Heartfelt Friendship that I know I have felt from this group!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2008 :  2:02:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Oppps....needed to add to my In Summary! Ha!....so when posting or if posting on these subjects please try to take note of whether what you are saying is an educational comment of information or a comment that evolks others to feel defensive whether it is internal or otherwise!

Until Later,
Audrey

and once again I want to say.....I do hope I have made it clear that these are my thoughts from my Heart and not intended to hurt any one here as I cherish all of you "Each and Everyone"!

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~

Edited by - Back Home Again on Sep 02 2008 2:15:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

luvnlife
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Michele
Quincy WA
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  1:48:10 PM  Show Profile
We're all big girls on here. If we all saw things exactly the same this world would be so boring and uncreative. I agree with what's already been said, lets keep it in the farmgirl spirit and be nice. The world is tough enough on us as it is, let's try to nurture a positive and friendly atmosphere where we can go to escape everyday life and recharge our worn batteries.

Family life is the source of the greatest human happiness. This happiness is the simplest and least costly kind, and it cannot be purchased with money~Havighurst
Farmgirl Sister #306 :)
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  2:14:23 PM  Show Profile
There is enough bad going on in the world, lets all keep this a haven and a place to come to for fun and relaxation amongst friends. Farm girls are here for each other and should stay open in heart and spirit to one another.

Just my thoughts

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  6:37:49 PM  Show Profile
I think we should compile a book with all the wonderful and loving thoughts that appear in these posts.....there is so much love and wisdom here from all of you! I can't add to anything that's already been said here but my sentiments exactly! I tend to try and NOT take things personally and I also try to inject humor most of the time since we can all be guilty of taking ourselves and life way too seriously.
Linda girlfriend.....I am alone too....maybe we should have a "singles" chapter for all the sisters who are going it alone or are lonely. You can email me any ole time! You are all precious and I believe God loves us all the same and that is the lesson we are here to learn....to love each other....tough job but somebody's got to do it!!!!
Love y'all

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Isn't this going a little far??? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page