Heritage Farmstead
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  6:31:40 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Debbie for the warm welcome! I hope to come here often to get to know all fellow farmgirls. Once I learn my way around the forum, I'm lovin' it all so far!

Brenda Lee

Keepin' my dreams alive!
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  6:37:07 PM  Show Profile
Hey Alee ~ Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Our farmstead is a work in progress. We got our barn painted this past weekend and man am I excited! It's finally red so I'm feeling much more at home! Now I just can't wait to live there. Yes, we will be building our dream home there some day soon I hope. We were supposed to be there last fall, but unfortunately after 15 years with IBM - I lost my job. We were only a month away from breaking ground when I got my notice! Thank you lord! He answered my prayers and gave me the news before we got to that point. For that we are thankful - but man how it hurts to not have my kids already living there on the farm. We will get there - soon I hope. We're waiting to see where the market is headed before we try selling our current home. My patience is wearing thin! lol I just keep telling myself
"All good things come to those that wait" But, we've been waiting 15 years! Eeeeks

Brenda Lee
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  6:38:11 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Melanie! I can't wait to get to know everyone!

Brenda Lee

Keepin' my dreams alive!
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  6:39:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jess ~ Thank you! I have loads of family in your 'parts' too... where abouts in FL are you?

Brenda Lee

Keepin' my dreams alive!
Go to Top of Page

Yogifarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

297 Posts

Jenn
Swiftwater PA
USA
297 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  6:40:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Yogifarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Brenda Lee

I'm a NYorker too...I live in the Catskills, Sullivan County. I've been a part of MJF for several years now and the girls are just wonderful...I'm sure you'll be happy here

Jenn

www.sundariyoga.com
http://yogifarmgirl.blogspot.com

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5377937

Farmgirl Sister # 285
Sister on the Fly #1002
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  6:45:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey Chelsey ~ O how I love that name Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm having a blast responding to everyone. Once I learn my way around, you'll hear alot from me!

Brenda Lee

Keepin' my dreams alive!
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  6:53:18 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue ~ Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm happy to hear of another Brenda Lee We are sure enjoying our property, we painted our barn this weekend! It looks great! (If I do say so myself!)lol I can't wait to be there... someday! I'm hanging in there.... it will happen. All in time......

Brenda Lee

Keepin' my dreams alive!
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  6:57:35 PM  Show Profile
Well my new found friend... if you are a bit due south east of Buffalo, you must be close to me! Where are you?

Keepin' my dreams alive!
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  6:58:53 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Julie for the warm welcome! I hope this post finds you safe after the storm.... looking forward to chatting with everyone and getting to know you all better!

Brenda Lee

Keepin' my dreams alive!
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  7:00:12 PM  Show Profile
O Susan ~ it sure is beautiful here... I wouldn't want to be any other place! This is my favorite time of year! We LOOOOOVe fall Thanks for the warm welcome!

Brenda Lee

Keepin' my dreams alive!
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  7:01:53 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jenn ~ Years??? O my, look at what I've been missing out on for sooo long! Shucks, I've got loads of catching up to do! Thanks for the warm welcome - it'll be fun getting to know you!

Brenda lee

Keepin' my dreams alive!
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2008 :  12:13:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hi Brenda Lee and welcome to the best site on the internet! There are so many wonderful women here and it's a great place to learn and share. Your plans for your country home and barn sound wonderful and we can't wait to see pics!
Go to Top of Page

pasofino
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Claudia
Stony Creek New York
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  05:10:06 AM  Show Profile  Send pasofino a Yahoo! Message
Hi Brenda lee, I looked up your town, I used to live in Fairport and most of my relatives still live in the Canandaigua/Geneva area...not too far from you...
What color did you paint your barn? I painted mine "Bordeaux" Its the color of a nice red wine....and it looks so nice with the changing autumn leaves as the back ground..there's a picture on my blog. Still trying to figure out how to put that all together, but its coming.

Claudia
Sisterhood #328
www.wolfpondstables.com
www.friendsofwolfpond.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kris Sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Kris
Chickamauga Ga.
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  12:24:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda Lee,welcome from Ga! That sounds like us. We built a chicken-goat-horse barn as soon as we new we had our place! Animals first! There was a house but needed lots of work before we could move in. I have 2 ewes. One is a Suffolk-Romonov X. She was born here. A big baby. But needs sheared. So I think I am going to get a few more hair sheep. She did have triplets though at 10 months.

Your barn sounds great. May it be full of wonderful animals soon!
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  5:58:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey Cheryl ~ I haven't yet figured out all there is to see here... but I'm a work in progress! lol Thanks for the compliments. The 'barn' is actually 3 parts. It's built to go along with our Heritage theme of an 18th century prairie. So our barn looks like it's had 3 additions to it. One part is our 2.5 car garage, a shop and then the animal stalls. We will be building a saltbox home at some point. When the barn is completed, I'll be sure to share picks. We are building it ourselves so it has taken awhile. We started last fall. Right now it does not have any windows or man doors. Just overhead doors. We will get there in time...I'm anxiously awaiting!

Brenda Lee

Keepin' my dreams alive!
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  6:06:01 PM  Show Profile
Yes Claudia... not too far. It's about an hr. drive. Lots of nice antiques in that area. I get there a few times a year. Our barn is stained what Behr calls Barn Red - pretty original huh?!lol I tossed up the idea of painting it like a hmmm light chocolate milk color. We love the early colonial era. So our dream is to make Heritage Farmstead look 18th century. We will be building a saltbox home at some point on our 12 acres. DH believes a barn must be traditional red - sooooo....I bought a new Yukon that was what they called mocha...that's my 'barn' on wheels! LOL I painted our driveway posts the light brown color I picked for the barn originally. I'm real pleased with the barn color - no regrets. Once the house gets there it will all blend just perfectly!=)

Brenda Lee

Keepin' my dreams alive!
Go to Top of Page

Heritage Farmstead
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Brenda Lee
Pavilion NY
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2008 :  6:11:05 PM  Show Profile
O wow Kris - good for you, lucky farmgal!! I cannot wait to have my sheep and chickens. We may add a couple other friends too...we'll see. Everyone made comments to us that we were doing it backwards "Aren't you supposed to build the house first?". We believe we are doing it the 'right' way. Now we will have a place to store all our current household when it's time to sell and not have to rent space to unclutter. My next grand idea is to build the foundation for our home and live in that for a couple years until we can afford to build the house. I think THAT'S the right thing... DH is still on the fence about living like a mushroom! I just don't want to waste anymore time to get our family to the country!

Brenda Lee

Keepin' my dreams alive!
Go to Top of Page

pasofino
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Claudia
Stony Creek New York
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  05:40:37 AM  Show Profile  Send pasofino a Yahoo! Message
I think I figured out how to work this text thing......Wow I can write in purple....!
Have you checked out all the colonial clothing patterns? I want to make some dresses, bloomers, and aprons to match..they are so comfy and my hubby thinks they are pretty hot...LOL
Good luck with you barn and home and enjoy this beautiful autumn weather

Claudia
Sisterhood #328
www.wolfpondstables.com
www.friendsofwolfpond.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hey!! Another New Yorker! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page