True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2008 :  7:55:38 PM  Show Profile
Shepherdgirl,
Love to hear your pig stories. She sounds like such a character. Maybe you should start a chat about pig stories since I'm sure others have had fun raising pigs also. I'm happy to hear yours is a pet. Our first pigs weren't and the day they left us, even after all the days I wanted to harm them, I was heart broken. Since that day everything at our house has been a pet. I guess I'm not much of a farmgirl when it comes to eating my animals. They are all my little buddies. I just can't do it. No judgement against all the farmgirls who can. They're just tougher than me. I guess I'm just too tender hearted and would rather eat vegetables.
Are bats still visiting your farm and are they healthy? Hope all is well.

barnagainkristin

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  8:51:27 PM  Show Profile
The bats are fine Kristin-- they appreciate your asking (lol!). I hear them making their strange clicking/chattering noises every single time I walk into the barn. No more dead ones since that incident a few weeks ago. I'm glad. I do look for them all the time now. And always hope I don't SEE any! So far so good!

As for my pig-- Opal-- she IS quite the character. (AND quite the pain my butt!!) She would sooo LOVE to have her own page here on the chatsite!!! If I knew how to post pics I'd certainly give everyone who logged on an eyefull!! She's getting her Winter "coat" now-- long white bristley hair. Before I got her, I did not even know that pigs HAD hair! I thought they were like those hairless cats!!! (LOL) Perhaps I WILL start an "Opal" topic. Thanks for passing on the idea. ~~~ Hugs ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  9:15:15 PM  Show Profile
Tracy
Lets get that Opal chat going. What a great name for a farmgirl's pet pig.
barnagainkristin

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves." John Muir
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic BATS!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page